Nakaya Members List

Charlieboy

Level of Interest  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a special one-of-a-kind fellowship pen?

• Definitely Yes - I am a Nakaya Owner already.
    • Definitely Yes - I am soon to be a Nakaya Owner (pen in production).
    • Definitely Yes - I always wanted to be a Nakaya Owner.
    • Maybe ? seeing that it will be exclusive to FPM Nakaya members only.
    • Not for me...but a good idea all the same.

Yes, from John Mottishaw at nibs.com. Sorry I wasn't clear! Just reference the FPN Nakaya Fellowship pen.

You can look at post #170 to see which of the design elements can be personalized.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Dan

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charlieboy

• sallywally

• Dan Carmell

• Siv

Yes, from John Mottishaw at nibs.com. Sorry I wasn't clear! Just reference the FPN Nakaya Fellowship pen.

You can look at post #170 to see which of the design elements can be personalized.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Dan

thanks....... i meet john at the la pen show........very nice and very helpful !!!

This may be a silly question but is the size/shape of the pen fixed at Piccolo? Or would it be possible to get the same finish on another pen, for example the Portable?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

Well, I guess the answer is yes and no! You can certainly take any or all of the design elements and ask for them on another pen, even including the kanji characters for "Fellowship." However, I can't tell you what the price would be--the pricing we got was for the Piccolo pen.

Dan

I LOVE my Nakaya Piccolo Cigar (now that it has a firm M nib), and I've just ordered another... which will be here in three, four months. So even though I love the idea of the FPN Nakaya, I'm sitting this one out. Great idea, though!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I LOVE my Nakaya Piccolo Cigar (now that it has a firm M nib), and I've just ordered another... which will be here in three, four months. So even though I love the idea of the FPN Nakaya, I'm sitting this one out. Great idea, though!

Did you go and order the Negoro Nuri? What finish? We need to have a Pen Posse when the pen arrives. Just sayin.

Anyways, I'll make a decision after I see the prototype.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Did you go and order the Negoro Nuri? What finish? We need to have a Pen Posse when the pen arrives. Just sayin.

Tahaha! I'm not saying!

Oo, the suspense!

No, yes, I did.

Also, I'd like to see the prototype, too. It might sway me, even though I'm pretty much penned out.

Quit laughin'.

etherX in To Miasto

Tahaha! I'm not saying!

Oo, the suspense!

No, yes, I did.

Also, I'd like to see the prototype, too. It might sway me, even though I'm pretty much penned out.

Quit laughin'.

I'm not even laughing. You didn't have to tell me. I enjoy the suspense.

Even I'm a bit penned out at the moment. I'll need at least a month or two to recover. The new car is not helping the situation although I look cool in the car.

I'm slowly rationing my pen show purchases so it feels like I'm still buying pens. :D

BTW-I posted a picture with a writing sample from that 'Chief' pen with the huge signature nib that you requested. It's on my Flickr page.

Edited by AltecGreen

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

I got the image below from John Mottishaw recently but didn't think to post it until now. This is the kanji for "Fellowship" and will appear on the barrel end of the Nakaya Fellowship pen in silver, matching the platinum sprinkles on the section, the white shell zogan, and the rhodium plated clip and nib.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/dcarmell/KanjiforFPNFellowship.jpg

Just thought people might like to see!

Dan

I got the image below from John Mottishaw recently but didn't think to post it until now. This is the kanji for "Fellowship" and will appear on the barrel end of the Nakaya Fellowship pen in silver, matching the platinum sprinkles on the section, the white shell zogan, and the rhodium plated clip and nib.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/dcarmell/KanjiforFPNFellowship.jpg

Just thought people might like to see!

Dan

looking good :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on a delivery date and pictures posted for us to decide if we would like to purchase the Nakaya Fellowship Pen?

Thanks!

Brandon

Brandon--

No date, no photos yet. I exchanged emails with John about a week ago and he thought the pen may be finished by the end of the month. However, my order was only placed on February 3, so I wouldn't normally expect to see the pen before the end of April.

The minute I get it, I will post photos and give out any final additional information we get from John and Nakaya.

Dan

• 5 weeks later...

bump , well I took the plonge thank's to this thread!

What I actually ordered is the cigar picolo, negoro style shiro - tame w/gold nib.

I ordered thru John (he makes it so easy!). The nib will be xtra broad/oblique.

Marie

bump , well I took the plonge thank's to this thread!

What I actually ordered is the cigar picolo, negoro style shiro - tame w/gold nib.

I ordered thru John (he makes it so easy!). The nib will be xtra broad/oblique.

Marie

AAAAAAAAAH! That's what I got! *High-five!*

Oops, except mine will have a firm Medium nib. But I love that finish! Can hardly wait to get mine... *anticipating*

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

I would be interested in one after seeing prototype images.

My attention was drawn to this section because I just ordered today a portable cigar Aka-Tamenuri (redish-red) which John had in stock....this will be my first Nakaya. :cloud9:

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

My attention was drawn to this section because I just ordered today a portable cigar Aka-Tamenuri (redish-red) which John had in stock....this will be my first Nakaya. :cloud9:

Nice! I'm sure you will love that tame-nuri.

I imagine the prototypes will arrive in late April or early May. The very minute they arrive, I will post photos and I imagine Charlieboy will pitch in as well.

Dan

Nice! I'm sure you will love that tame-nuri.

I imagine the prototypes will arrive in late April or early May. The very minute they arrive, I will post photos and I imagine Charlieboy will pitch in as well.

Dan

oh boy !!