Nakaya Members List

Charlieboy

Level of Interest  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a special one-of-a-kind fellowship pen?

• Definitely Yes - I am a Nakaya Owner already.
    • Definitely Yes - I am soon to be a Nakaya Owner (pen in production).
    • Definitely Yes - I always wanted to be a Nakaya Owner.
    • Maybe ? seeing that it will be exclusive to FPM Nakaya members only.
    • Not for me...but a good idea all the same.

Many thanks for your effort. Sounds grand to me! I can tell you that the zogan will drive the price to a grand but I think the more people we have in on this, the less it might be....I hope! :)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charlieboy

• sallywally

• Dan Carmell

• Siv

Excellent, Charlieboy. I hope they're willing to do them at a price at least most of us can afford.

Thanks Charlieboy!

Many thanks for your effort. Sounds grand to me! I can tell you that the zogan will drive the price to a grand but I think the more people we have in on this, the less it might be....I hope! :)

Thank you for your support, as without this I am just one voice shouting into the wind! Be assured that I have stated quite clearly that our absolute maximum is $1,000 and have laid out the potential number of members and orders that are behind this venture. They have the facts to work on, now is the time to wait and see if the fine professionals at Nakaya are able to come back to us with a yes or no, and I dearly hope it is a yes...

Thanks, Charlieboy!

I am actually thinking of ordering this basic pen without the "torn" parts, but in brown laquer, not red.

Not into the Zogans...but like the sprinkles on the grip section.

I'm not sure I can afford anything close to $1K for some time....have to see how much trouble I'm in after the Ohio Pen Show this weekend....and I just can't spring for a red/reddish pen....I hope I won't mess things up if I can't participate this time.....

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K XF

Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K XXF

Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

Thanks, Charlieboy!

I am actually thinking of ordering this basic pen without the "torn" parts, but in brown laquer, not red.

Not into the Zogans...but like the sprinkles on the grip section.

I'm not sure I can afford anything close to $1K for some time....have to see how much trouble I'm in after the Ohio Pen Show this weekend....and I just can't spring for a red/reddish pen....I hope I won't mess things up if I can't participate this time.....

Hi Sallywally, I am sure your personal pen choice of brown with sprinkles on the grip section will be just fine!

Also to put your mind at rest I think we have sufficient interest in the fellowship design that your choice not to participate will not prevent this from going forward.

Enjoy you pen...

Kind Regards,

Charlieboy

Edited by Charlieboy

Nice Charlieboy, sounds like a winner. I even have visons of them doing my screen name in Kanji. Thanks for running with this.

JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

Thanks, Charlieboy. I'll keep track of this thread anyway, though!

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

Do these high-end Nakayas have fancy ink-filling system? They look to be cartridge filled but I'm a noob when it comes to fellowship pens. But please, I really do want to see the inside your exclusive club. Cheerios!

A man's real possession is his memory. In nothing else is he rich, in nothing else is he poor.

All Nakayas are cartridge/converter.

Some have had success converting to an eye-dropper filler but as the section threads are metal, some protection has to be given, e.g. nail polish.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

All very complex. COngrats for making these efforts. I'm interested but would have to see a final image before I could commit. Otherwise I was:

1. Piccolo

2. covered

3. Aka Tamenuri

4. Shu

5. A zogan of a nib.

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I'm in. Fewer X-mas presents for everyone this year and I'm investing in a new personalized Nakaya next year.

Unclench your fist and you can grasp the entire world.

I have just discovered Nakaya pens and am thinking of making my first purchase, the best I've found is @ nibs.com, anyone got a better source.

Would be interested in a fellowship pen but would like to see the end result before commiting.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

I'm heading to the Columbus Pen Show in about an hour, be there when the door opens for the public. John Mottishaw is replacing my Nakaya fine nib with an XF. If this works, I'll have them send my Nakaya Heki Ascending Dragon (now in Japan) with an XF nib. Also picking up a Mini-Diabolo Cartier fp he has reground to a real XF. And looking at a Sailor Green Mosaic Prof Gear he brought - and any vintage pens he might have brought.

Also Aaron Svabik has a pen I hope he brought so I can see it.

Looking for red and/or olive hard rubber pens; Parker 51s; hard rubber pens with overlays in silver or gold/gold filled; and pens with a Manifold nib.

And of course the Sailor and the Bexley Dragon, and maybe some current Auroras (black resin XF)....

Oh dear.

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Bexley Dragon XXF

I'm in. Fewer X-mas presents for everyone this year and I'm investing in a new personalized Nakaya next year.

Ha Ha...never mind fewer, how about none! I'm just giving to that one special person...ME.

JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

I have just discovered Nakaya pens and am thinking of making my first purchase, the best I've found is @ nibs.com, anyone got a better source.

Would be interested in a fellowship pen but would like to see the end result before commiting.

You could go direct to Nakaya but I have to say dealing with John is an absolute joy and his nib customizing service is a work of art!

All the best.

Ian

Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock, Mont Blanc 149, Montegrappa Historia Limited editon 410/1000, Sheaffer imperial 777, Prker 51 special, Parker Duofold senior special, Stipula Tuscany dreams piston with 1.1 italic 036/351, incoming: Stipula Tuscany dreams T-flex. Parker 51 Vac, Pelikan 140. Aurora, Twsbi vac, Omas,dupont Waterman leMan 100 Opera

Hello all...

I have just received an email from Nakaya (Toshiya Nakata) regarding the process and design of our fellowship pen.

The opening paragraph is, and I quote:

The first of all, I was not sure of the Fountain Pen Network (FPN) in detail.

So I asked Mr. Mottishaw about FPN and intended to leave him to receive this forum(FPN).

So you have a choice to ask Mr. Mottishaw or Nakaya.

The remainder of the email explains how they have interpreted our design and I am sorry to say that some of it has been lost in translation. This being so I would like to invite Mr. Mottishaw (John I believe) to seek his willingness of involvement, perhaps it is best left to the professionals after all....

I hope that no one has any objections in proceeding this way, e.g. by bringing the expertise of Mr. Mottishaw to the party. Do we have an established contact (question) that has a long-standing relationship with Mr. Mottishaw that will assist us in this venture?

Thanks and regards...

Charlieboy

This is going to be interesting. I spent hours at the D.C. show trying to convince John to join the forum here and he steadfastly refused. If he does post here, it will be a miracle.

Thanks for trying Charlieboy.

Maybe John himself may not join up but he has a number of people working for him and maybe one of those will join (if they aren't already members). I can't believe that a pen seller would not jump at the chance for more business because that's what joining FPN would do!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

This is going to be interesting. I spent hours at the D.C. show trying to convince John to join the forum here and he steadfastly refused. If he does post here, it will be a miracle.

Thanks for trying Charlieboy.

Maybe John himself may not join up but he has a number of people working for him and maybe one of those will join (if they aren't already members). I can't believe that a pen seller would not jump at the chance for more business because that's what joining FPN would do!

I respect people that stand by their convictions and if John has "steadfastly" refused to support us then the next approach for us (seeing that Nakaya are indeed willing for us to go to them direct) is to seek the assistance of a Japanese speaker/writer who can convey the ‘fellowship design’ and our aspirations.

Are there any willing Japanese speaker/writers out there who are willing to come to our assistance? Please....