Nakaya Members List

Charlieboy

Level of Interest  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a special one-of-a-kind fellowship pen?

• Definitely Yes - I am a Nakaya Owner already.
    • Definitely Yes - I am soon to be a Nakaya Owner (pen in production).
    • Definitely Yes - I always wanted to be a Nakaya Owner.
    • Maybe ? seeing that it will be exclusive to FPM Nakaya members only.
    • Not for me...but a good idea all the same.

Forever looking at the Danitrio Fellowship 'sticky' post when entering this forum and really do like the idea behind the 'fellowship of the pens' concept. Therefore, unless this has been suggested before, how about repeating the exercise for existing, soon to be, or always wanted to be Nakaya owners?

I am far too new to FPN to organise such a venture, but I am definitely more than willing to get involved in contributing to the development of a bespoke Nakaya, for those that like the idea of a fellowship pen. At the moment this post is just to gauge what level of interest there is out there and form this make a decision as to what happens next; assuming that there is a positive take up and sufficient Nakaya enthusiasts/addicts out there...!

Oh yes, and if so, someone best positioned (with experience) who can drive this idea forward...

Thanks,

Charlieboy

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charlieboy

• sallywally

• Dan Carmell

• Siv

Charles, the Danitrio fellowship happened because Kevin (winedoc) is a distributor and has the ear of the powers that be at Danitrio. To do something like this for Nakaya, the very first thing that needs to be done is to find someone who has the ear of the powers that be at Nakaya - without that, nothing will happen.

Does any member here have such a contact? Or does anyone here have good contact with John Mottishaw who could potentially facilitate such an endeavour?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

Charles, the Danitrio fellowship happened because Kevin (winedoc) is a distributor and has the ear of the powers that be at Danitrio. To do something like this for Nakaya, the very first thing that needs to be done is to find someone who has the ear of the powers that be at Nakaya - without that, nothing will happen.

Does any member here have such a contact? Or does anyone here have good contact with John Mottishaw who could potentially facilitate such an endeavour?

As far as I know FPN doesn't have any members with a similar relationship to Nakaya as winedoc has with Danitrio, not to mention the fact that he was willing to put a lot of time into the whole process. However, it's possible that we could do something similar to the Danitrio fellowship by communicating the idea to Nakaya. Maybe they will give us a discount for ordering a large number of the same pen.

Edited by Physalis

I would definitely be interested.

Me too! I've decided that my next "big" pen purchase (which is far away at the moment) must be a Nakaya. And if someone could lead the supporters towards a fellowship pen that would be magic.

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

John Mottishaw is the biggest seller of Nakaya in the English language, so if something like that was wanted, he'd be the one to go through. That said, from the little I talked to him, it didn't sound like a two-way relationship on the order of what Kevin has with Danitrio.

(I was inquiring about the why and wherefore of no kikyo Decapod, which is why I've never ordered a Nakaya.)

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I will be very interested too. However, like what it was mentioned earlier, it may not be easy to find someone who has a similar relationship to Nakaya as winedoc has with Danitrio. I heard that dealership with Nakaya is rather difficult to come by. In Singapore, we have only one shop selling Nakaya and it is no one else but Aesthetic Bay. :)

Other pens available for sale:

Pelikan : Keep a watchout here, M805 FPs, M400 and M405 FPs,

I think this is a neat idea and probably not as difficult to pull off as one might expect. My experience with Japanese companies is that they are very much down to earth and eager to please compared with their Western counterparts.

Unfortunately I'm not in the financial position to purchase a Nakaya (or anything else, really) for quite some time.

Neill

As of today, 14th October, we have 28 "Definitely Yes" + 6 "Maybe" so we are going well seeing that this has only been up a few days.

What’s the optimum number we are looking for before contacting Nakaya to see if this is possible, may I suggest anything from 30?

You could say that the less there are made then the more exclusive they will be to own...! One way of looking at it... :D)

I like the idea of it, but the Danitrio pen was extremely expensive. I wonder what the cost would be for this one. I'm a tentative yes depending on the cost.

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

I like the idea of it, but the Danitrio pen was extremely expensive. I wonder what the cost would be for this one. I'm a tentative yes depending on the cost.

Dizzy, I like you are not looking for an expensive pen but something 'exclusive' and perhaps 'zen like' to those that are committed to owning a Nakaya just for the 'fellowship'. I believe we can achieve something very special at a reasonable price, Danitrio are more expensive than Nakaya to start with...

I would say that if there is Maki-e this pen will cost at least $1k. If not then around $700. Don't expect this to be a bargain!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

I would say that if there is Maki-e this pen will cost at least $1k. If not then around $700. Don't expect this to be a bargain!

Siv, that’s what I mean about a 'reasonable' price, being realistic, but I think that $1k could be the top end price we need to consider, as not all would want, or be able, to exceed this.

This thread is to see if there are sufficient numbers of members interested and cost is always a factor to be discussed during the process of collating interest...

Regards,

Charlieboy

Edited by Charlieboy

Siv, that’s what I mean about a 'reasonable' price, being realistic, but I think that $1k could be the top end price we need to consider, as not all would want, or be able, to exceed this.

Again this thread is to see is there are sufficient numbers of members interested and cost is always a factor to be discussed during the process of collating data...

Regards,

Charlieboy

And with that I've changed my vote to not for me. I just can't spend 1k on a pen now or ever. It's just not on if I want to stay married. I'll just admire this one from afar like I'm doing with the Danitrio Fellowship pen *goes off to drool over ethernautrix fellowship pen photos* :(

Edited by dizzypen

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen