More (different) Sj Candy

OcalaFlGuy

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_XB-IYvzxVyY/Ss5BI0_1kdI/AAAAAAAAAzE/QOks-0k1pL8/s800/GraySJ%20010-1.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_XB-IYvzxVyY/Ss4nF-7i88I/AAAAAAAAAyI/KfFAK42-ENQ/s800/GraySJ%20011.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_XB-IYvzxVyY/Ss4nGOtwCzI/AAAAAAAAAyM/pCfiFYF-UCw/s800/GraySJ%20028-1.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_XB-IYvzxVyY/Ss9TfV_p7wI/AAAAAAAAA0A/eWLkxUbl32g/s800/GraySJ%20030.jpg

Sure is a clean little pen, someone is gonna be veryyy happyyy!

Bruce in Ocala, FL

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dobro

• OcalaFlGuy

• ladyinthemists

• SweetieStarr

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_XB-IYvzxVyY/Ss5BI0_1kdI/AAAAAAAAAzE/QOks-0k1pL8/s800/GraySJ%20010-1.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_XB-IYvzxVyY/Ss4nF-7i88I/AAAAAAAAAyI/KfFAK42-ENQ/s800/GraySJ%20011.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_XB-IYvzxVyY/Ss4nGOtwCzI/AAAAAAAAAyM/pCfiFYF-UCw/s800/GraySJ%20028-1.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_XB-IYvzxVyY/Ss9TfV_p7wI/AAAAAAAAA0A/eWLkxUbl32g/s800/GraySJ%20030.jpg

Sure is a clean little pen, someone is gonna be veryyy happyyy!

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Is this beauty for sale?

Sorry, it has already been sold to another FPNer and goes out in the mail to them tomorrow.

Both it and it's brother both went backchannel before I even had the chance to post the listings to

the Marketplace, so I figured I'd at least show them off here before they went to their new owners.

New owners get nice "new" pens and Pendleton's Kiddies get a liddle sumpin' sumpin' so however they

go it's all good.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

There is one similar to this one on eBay right now if you're still interested, SweetieStarr:

Esterbrook Grey Fountain Pen

but I don't know whether or not it works. The seller says, "Appears to be unused" but that's no guarantee. The current price at this moment is $5.51 with $3.00 shipping. The seller has a 99.3% rating out of 6963 items sold so that's not too bad. Time left is currently 6h 32m 30s (Oct 12, 200922:40:03 PDT).

She who laughs, lasts 61106869_10219479460406206_6753598647167

I'm pretty sure that's a LJ, same thickness around but a little longer than the SJ. (Same length as a J)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Hi, Bruce,

I still can't get all the different Esties straight. I know that there is the "Dollar" pen, the "Transition" pen (going from the Dollar to the L-models with one jewel, right?), then there are the L-models. I've got 3 different sized Esties other than my Copper Dollar version. My blue icicle is the longest (double jewels, 5" long), my brown icicle is next (also double jewel, 4 1/2" long), and my pastel yellow is the shortest (double jewel and just under 4 1/4" long). So can you straighten me out on which one is called what?

I still can't get all the different Esties straight. I know that there is the "Dollar" pen, the "Transition" pen (going from the Dollar to the L-models with one jewel, right?), then there are the L-models.

For the J series - the ones with jewels on both top and bottom - here's how I remember the different models:

J - the largest pen

SJ - a "short" J ...or "small" J

LJ - a "long" J - it looks longer because it's the same diameter as the SJ

That will take care of most of the sizes.

A great resource is Brian Anderson's site.

Lee Hiers, AA4GA

"Have Dobro Will Travel"

dobro - you make it sound as if a SJ is a short J?

Here's my interpretation of the models:

J = long and fat

LJ = long and slim

SJ = short and slim

J = long and fat

LJ = long and slim

SJ = short and slim

Okay, then I have:

- Blue Icicle - LJ model

- Brown Icicle - SJ model

- Yellow Pastel - ??

- Red marbled - SJ model

...so FAR...

dobro - you make it sound as if a SJ is a short J?

Well, it is....and slimmer too! That's just how I remember the different model names. I've got a couple SJs - never inked one...although my girlfriend has recently expressed an interest in FPs and has small hands, so I'm going to fix up one of the SJs for her. Never have had an LJ.

I need to work on the names of the Dollar pens since that's what I prefer - I don't know those, but I've got a couple different sizes. Oh well...

Lee Hiers, AA4GA

"Have Dobro Will Travel"

- Yellow Pastel - ??

That's shorter than the SJ, correct? I believe that's just known as a "pastel"...I think they may also be referred to as "purse pens" also, but I'm not sure. They are usually shorter than the SJs even, but Brian shows a larger LJ-sized one at the bottom of this page.

Lee Hiers, AA4GA

"Have Dobro Will Travel"

J = long and fat

LJ = long and slim

SJ = short and slim

Okay, then I have:

- Blue Icicle - LJ model

- Brown Icicle - SJ model

- Yellow Pastel - ??

- Red marbled - SJ model

...so FAR...

The pastel purse pens are model CH. (Unless you have one of the clipless versions, which are model H.)

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.