Ink Sample Exchange - United States

Guest Denis Richard

Guest Ray Cornett

Diamine Rustic Brown Wanted

I have 4 sample vials from February's Goulet Pens Ink Drop monthly samples that I do not like. I only dipped the nib in to see how the ink looked on paper so they are just as full as when they arrived minus a drop or two.The vials are filled with 2ml each as per the Goulet sample standard.

I have:

Waterman Absolute Brown

Pelikan Brown

Pilot Iroshizuku Ina-Ho

Noodlers Polar Brown

I would gladly trade them for one full vial of Diamine Rustic Brown. If you have bottles of this ink I would perhaps be willing to throw in a few bucks in addition to the samples for an entire bottle.

* Please message me privately regarding the exchange.

post-109776-0-32021900-1394582333_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ray Cornett

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cursive Child

• Sailor Kenshin

• GreenVelvet

• aj3537

Howdy.

I just popped a bottle of Organics Studio Foggy Bottom Yellow Sepia.

My pen took one short sip of it. And it just doesn't float my boat.

I'd be happy to trade for another full-ish bottle of something interesting.

I have no preferences in ink or color. Just try me with what you've got and we'll see if we can dance.

(I have attached a copy written swatch for viewing and comparison. Please don't sue me)

- joe

post-100530-0-25237300-1394673285.jpg

Guest Ray Cornett

Since I can not edit my previous post I have to make a new one.

I nolonger have the samples. I gave them away in a Pay it Forward thread earlier.

However, I am still seeking Diamine Rustic Red if anyone has a bottle but did not care for it.....

I have :

Noodler's Navy, Heart of Darkness, Swisher North Sea Blue

Private Reserve Midnight Blues, Black Magic Blues

Levenger's Cobalt Blue

Pelikan Black

Diamine Oxblood, Blue-Black, Evergreen

I would like:

Noodler's Q'ternity, 54th Mass, 5 o'clock shadow

Updating my list:

I Have:

Diamine Denim

Noodler's: Black Eel, Habanero, and Liberty's Elysium

Lamy Turquoise

Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

Parker Quink Black
Private Reserve Cosmic Cobalt
I also have Higgins Eternal calligraphy ink if anyone is interested.

I'm looking for basically anything. Let me know what you have.

I have:

Diamine Ancient Copper

Kaweco Midnight Blue

MontBlanc Oyster Grey

MontBlanc Winter Glow

MontBlanc Honore De Balzac

Noodler's Bulletproof Black

Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Parker Quink Black

Pilot/Namiki Blue Black

Open to pretty much anything just let me know!!

Sorry, I just realized this is definitely not the right place for what I had posted. I will move it to a more appropriate place.

Edited by hulya

Hi, My list will also contain how much of a color I have to trade. The list: Noodlers Burgundy - 50ml or 30ml or 5ml Bay State Blue - 30ml or 5ml Noodlers Turquoise - 30ml or 5ml

Liberty's Elysium - 30ml or 5ml Noodlers Bad Black Moccassin - 30ml or 5ml Diamine Pumpkin - 5ml Diamine Red Poppy - 5ml R+K Verdura - 5ml

Shaeffer Script Red - 5ml De Atramentis Robert Louis Stevenson - 5ml Diamine Florida Blue - 30ml or 5ml Binders Burgundy - 30ml or 5ml Waterman Violet - 5ml

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen. (It's smaller than an sj)

Thanks to some absolutely excellent service from Dillon I am now set up with some ink vials. I even prematurely spent a bit of the afternoon filling some of them. I must say I have a new found respect for those of you who have done a lot of this; I am half tempted to get an ink syringe for every bottle of ink I have just to save time on cleaning them out.

Have:

• Noodler's [bulletproof] Black
  • Noodler's Dark Matter
  • Noodler's Borealis Black
  • Noodler's Yellow
  • Noodler's Navajo Turquoise
  • Noodler's Saguaro Wine
  • Noodler's Shah's Rose
  • Noodler's Whiteness of the Whale
    • I am still trying to decide if I need to treat this one any differently because it costs 3x as much as normal Noodler's
  • Diamine Majestic Blue
  • Diamine Steel Blue
  • Diamine Monaco Blue
  • Kodak Photo-Flo 200
    • Surfactant. Recommended on this site for tweaking inks and improving flow (easily found via search), I got it because I sometimes dilute my Noodler's inks heavily. This is concentrated and you will want to dilute it (Sandy1's instructions). A vial full is likely all you will ever need for ink usage. Offering so you won't have to buy a big bottle like I did.

Some of you may recognize my Noodler's selection is largely tailored to CMYK mixing, having most of the "extended" CMYK recommendation by Dioxazine, which includes the basic CMYK colors which have mixing documented by amberleadavis.

I really am not sure how much demand to expect from this. I did list my entire collection above even though I originally planned to exclude those which I do not have as much available. In the event of high demand, some of these may become unavailable.

I am interested in:

• Just about any ink
  • A few that I have particular interest in:
    • PR Tanzanite
    • PR Black Cherry
    • Noodler's Bad Green Gator
    • Sailor Kobe #31
      • I don't really expect to find a sample of this here, but thought it wouldn't hurt to mention. I figure I will just need to get a bottle when my birthday comes around.
  • A few inks from this thread on cleaning ink that I would be interested in to do an ink spill test. (Since I would not need 5ml for my test, I would also be open to arrangement for acquiring smaller samples of these, especially if you have a couple of the inks)
    • Pelikan Royal Blue
    • Parker Washable Blue
    • Waterman Serenity Blue (aka Waterman Florida Blue)
    • Lamy Blue
    • Waterman Mysterious Blue (aka Waterman Blue Black)

Please contact me via PM.

Hi all.

I'm still a relative newbie when it comes to this stuff, so I have some questions that have probably already been asked and answered. Rather than go through the trouble of reanswering them, if someone could repost a link to the answers or PM me, that would be just dandy.

How does all of this work? Do I post what I've got, scour the topic to see if someone has what I'm looking for, PM that person and hope he/she might be interested in swapping with someone I have?

I'm interested in participating in this, but I'm not sure what I can offer as I'm a poor grad student and have a relatively limited collection of bottles.

FWIW, here's what I've got (and am happy to swap):

- Noodler's X-Feather

- Diamine Oxblood

- Diamine Red Dragon

And here's what I'm looking for:

In general, I like saturated colors. I'd love to try the following:

- Noodler's Baystate Concord Grape or Purple Martin

- Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

- Noodler's Habanero

- Noodler's Turquoise

- Iroshizuku Ku-jaku

- Diamine Havasu Turquoise

- Diamine Sherwood

While I await a reply post or PM to my queries, I shall take some time to look for any takers on what I may have to offer who may have some things I'm interested in.

This is a great system ... X-feather is my default in (cheap paper abounds and I like the deep black color). The only thing is that I got a 4.5oz bottle. I'd love to have some takers. Currently, my 80ml bottle of Red Dragon and 30ml bottle of Oxblood are pretty full, too.

Thanks much for the opportunities.

My ink-swap post(s) become out of date eventually. My signature is always current. If you want to swap some ink, here's what I have: Diamine: Ancient Copper, Oxblood, Poppy Red, Red Dragon, Sherwood Green; Iroshizuku: Kon-peki, Ku-jaku, Take-sumi; Noodlers: 54th Mass, BSB, Purple Martin, X-Feather, Widow Maker; Private Reserve: Blue Suede. I'm partial to highly saturated inks, but am open to suggestions. PM if interested.

I have :

Noodler's Navy, Heart of Darkness, Swisher North Sea Blue

Private Reserve Midnight Blues, Black Magic Blues

Levenger's Cobalt Blue

Pelikan Black

Diamine Oxblood, Blue-Black, Evergreen

I would like:

Noodler's Q'ternity, 54th Mass, 5 o'clock shadow

I had 54th Mass but sold it with a Jinhao pen and just have not restocked it yet. BTW, on my Franklin Planner paper, is looks very similar to R&K Verdigris. However, I do have an ink that is my new favorite, and based on your asking for 54th Mass and Q'ternity, I think you would like it a lot. It's Texas Blue Steel, AKA Noodler's Dromgoole's Blue Steel. It was a giveaway at the Dallas pen show and an exclusive to Dromgooles. I just received it on Friday and I'm in love with it. There are several threads on FPN showing this ink, and some beautiful script by amberleadavis.

Let me know if you might like to try this. I would be interested in Diamine Oxblood or Evergreen.

I had 54th Mass but sold it with a Jinhao pen and just have not restocked it yet. BTW, on my Franklin Planner paper, is looks very similar to R&K Verdigris. However, I do have an ink that is my new favorite, and based on your asking for 54th Mass and Q'ternity, I think you would like it a lot. It's Texas Blue Steel, AKA Noodler's Dromgoole's Blue Steel. It was a giveaway at the Dallas pen show and an exclusive to Dromgooles. I just received it on Friday and I'm in love with it. There are several threads on FPN showing this ink, and some beautiful script by amberleadavis.

Let me know if you might like to try this. I would be interested in Diamine Oxblood or Evergreen.

Thank you. :wub:

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Some of you may recognize my Noodler's selection is largely tailored to CMYK mixing, having most of the "extended" CMYK recommendation by Dioxazine, which includes the basic CMYK colors which have mixing documented by amberleadavis.

Thank you! I can't take credit another FPNer did it, and then DizzyPen saved it when the images went down.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a plan to me! I will PM to discuss details.

Thanks,

Danny

• 3 weeks later...

Inks I have:

Noodler's Kung Te Cheng

Noolder's Ottoman Azure

Noodler's Habanero

Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses

Noodler's Baystate Blue

Noodler's Polar Black

Noodler's Periwinkle

Noodler's Aircorps Blue/Black

J. Herbin Rouge Hermite 1670

J. Herbin Cafe des Isles

Private Reserve D.C. Supershow Green

Private Reserve Sherwood Green

Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-Guri

Would like...

Diamine Ancient Copper

Open to others

What I have:

Diamine Mediterranean Blue

Diamine Claret

Diamine Aqua Lagoon

Diamine Sapphire Blue (cartridges)

Noodler's 54th Mass

Noodler's Black

Parker Quink Blue-Black (modern)

Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue

Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black

Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Brown

Pelikan 4001 Violet

Iroshizuku Tsuki-Yo

MB Irish Green (modern)

Looking for:

Herbin PdL

Diamine Chocolate

MB Toffee Brown

Organics Studio Uranium

Modern Waterman samples (prefer Florida Blue, Serenity Blue, Absolute Brown, and Inspired Blue - but will consider them all)

Please PM me for trade offers.

Edited by mikeschu

• 4 weeks later...

Inks I have:

Noodler's Kung Te Cheng

Noolder's Ottoman Azure

Noodler's Habanero

Noodler's Black Swan in

Just a quick note to say I did an ink swap with GOB Bluth recently and can highly recommend. My samples arrived yesterday and I'm very pleased.

Just a quick note to say I did an ink swap with GOB Bluth recently and can highly recommend. My samples arrived yesterday and I'm very pleased.

Thanks, and I can say the same for Magicker71! Speedy and sent well.

What a great idea! Count me in!

Current stock:

Noodler's:

Golden Brown

Army Green

Apache Sunset

Antietam

X-Feather

Black Swan in Australian Roses (tipped it over :( about a quarter bottle left)

Diamine:

Oxblood

Private Reserve:

Tanzanite

I'm looking for a good gray ink, I like unusual tones and colors, I love inks that shade well (I adore flexible nibs) or have sheen, and overall am (*very) Interested in trying:

De Atramentis: *Silver-Gray

Diamine: *Ancient Copper, Chocolate Brown, Emerald, *Graphite, Syrah, *Sherwood Green, *Twilight

Noodler's: Baystate Blue, Green Marine, Kiowa Pecan, *Lexington Gray, Navy, *Nightshade, Ottoman Rose, *Purple Wampum, Q'Ternity, Saguaro Wine, Squeteague,

Tiananmen, Turquoise

Private Reserve: *Sherwood Green, *Gray Flannel, Spearmint

I'll be using the ubiquitous "Goulet-style" vials. We can work out via PM whether 2 ml or 5 ml is sufficient. I find that Goulet's 2 ml is more than enough for me to determine whether I like an ink or not; it's generally one pen fill or pretty close to it, but I have no problem whatever if 5 is what is wanted.

Thanks for providing such a great opportunity to try-before-you-buy; we've all been disappointed by inks that look little on paper like they looked on screen.

What I have:

Scribal Workshop-Siren

Scribal Workshop- Kraken

Scribal Workshop-Leviathan

Akkerman--Bekakt Haggs

Akkerman Laan Van Nieuw Oost Indigo

J. Herbin Rouge Hematite

Private Reserve-Dakota Red

Private Reserve Buttercup

Private Reserve-Spearmint

Leonora

I am interested in