Yamabudo (maroon-ish red)

Yamaguri (brown)

Tsuki-yo (teal)

Waterman: (all old-style, with the funny smell):

Encre Rouge (Red)

Encre Verte (Green)

Encre Havane (Brown)

Encre Violette (Purple)

Encre Bleu Des Mers Du Sud (Blue, and I think this might be mixed with Parker Quick Blue)

Wancher:

Ebene (magenta-pink)

Noodlers:

Eel Blue

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

Here's what I have to trade (I know it's not a lot, but will be looking to get more ^_^):

Diamine:
Twilight
Iroshizuku:
Ama Iro
Lamy:
Black
Blue (cartridges)
Noodler's:
Apache Sunset
Navy

Already have samples of:

De Atramentis:
Black Roses
Frankincense
Plum

Diamine:

Imperial Purple

Merlot
Iroshizuku:
Fuyu-syogun
Take-sumi
J Herbin:
Gris Nuage (wouldn't mind more though)
Lie de The
Noodler's:

Blue Black

Walnut

Zhivago

Omas:

Sepia

Platinum:
Mix-Free Smoke Black
Private Reserve:
Avacado

Ebony Purple

Sherwood Green

I'm willing to try any ink, though probably nothing too boring (I'm cool with black and blues if there's something amazing about them, ie. black black, or eye-searing blue)

Edited by vishae

Ink Sample Exchange: | Diamine: Ancient Copper (cartridge), Imperial Purple (cartridge), Twilight | Iroshizuku: Ama Iro | Lamy: Black, Blue (cartridges) | Noodler's: Apache Sunset, Navy | J.Herbin: Vert Reseda

Grail Pen: Delta Dolce Vita Demonstrator with Silver Trim

What I have to trade:

Diamine Denim

Noodlers Liberty's Elysium

Private Reserve Cosmic Cobalt

Parker Quink Black

What I'm looking for:

Anything that's not bright red or brown.

Let me know what you have.
:)

Edited by Bradv123

• 4 weeks later...

Well I don't have much, just NOODLERS BAD GREEN GATOR. I liked it but it doesn't comply with my pens too well. Looking to trade a pretty much full bottle for anything else. REALLLLLLY wanting a PRIVATE RESERVE BLACK CHERRY but will still trade for any others as well. Message me on here if interested. :)

I'm new at this, but got my vials this weekend.

I have for trade:

Private Reserve

· Chartreuse (Highlighter)

· Dakota Red

· DC Supershow Blue

· Midnight Blues (Fast Dry)

· Sherwood Green (Fast Dry)

· Ultra Black

· Ultra Black (Fast Dry)

Noodler’s

· Blue Manhattan (FPH Exclusive)

· Lightning Blue

De Atramentis (Scented)

· Cabernet Sauvignon

· Wood Ink

I'm looking for:

Noodler’s

· FPN Exclusives

Any Brand

· Browns

· Greens

· Purples

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I use mostly fine points, so shading inks aren't that important to me, but I wouldn't mind jumping in on this, so here goes:

Have:

Pilot Iroshizuku Take-sumi

Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-kai

Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo

Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-peki

Noodler’s 54th Massachussetts

Private Reserve Ebony Purple

Sailor Nano Ultra Black

Diamine Green/Black

Diamine Midnight

Diamine Grape

2ml Goulet sample of Noodler's Baystate Blue

2ml Goulet sample of Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses
2ml Goulet sample of Noodler's Dark Matter

Want:

Any darker colored inks

Rohrer & Klingner - Leipziger Schwarz

Rohrer & Klingner - Scabiosa

Rohrer & Klingner - Salix

Private Reserve Midnight Blues

Private Reserve Sonic Blue

De Atramentis Giuseppe Verdi

De Atramentis Alexander Hamilton

De Atramentis Johann Sebastian Bach

Noodler’s Red Black

Hi,

I'm hoping to get started with the ink exchange in the future. For the time being though, I'd just like to figure out how people usually go about shipping the ink.

I gather that the normal procedure is to use a 7 mL tube or something similar filled with about 5 mL of ink. But then, how is that shipped? Do people simply put that tube in a plastic bag and then an envelope and ship it? Or are padded envelopes of some kind neccesary? Also, how many stamps does one need to use for shipping one or a couple tubes to someone else in the U.S.?

• 3 weeks later...

The only ink I have is two bottles of noodlers black, one I'm currently using, the other is unopened. The black I'm using has aged into itself quite nicely and it is solid solid black with my medium nib. It's so dark that printer toner looks lighter than it does -- if that gives you any idea.

I'm looking to try any iron-gall ink. I also really would like to try any shading ink, especially apache sunset, before I buy it.

I'm also willing to try custom mixes people have made.

I also have tons of India speedball ink in various colors. They were a gift to me and I can't use them in my fountain pen. I don't have a dip pen either.

Please PM me if you're interested. This is my first time doing this.

Hello, all!

I don't have much, but I would love to swap with what I do have.

I have a bottle of Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku and a bottle of J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite.

I'd be interested in swapping for other Iroshizuku inks. I'd like to eventually sample inks from Private Reserve, Montblanc, and R&K, as well.

I like vivid colors. I"m not really attracted to flat colors. I like colors that are complex and show variation. Really, anything interesting. :)

Have anything like that?

Send me a PM if you're interested in swapping.

Same question that Brier had, and do people trade with recycled Goulet vials? Not sure what size they are.

Same question that Brier had, and do people trade with recycled Goulet vials? Not sure what size they are.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who had that question!

I ended up posting that question as a dedicated topic of its own when I didn't get responses here. You may find the thread helpful: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/258852-how-to-ship-ink/

I believe that the vials used are 'officially' 5 mL and can hold a total of 7 mL. The first post on this "Ink Sample Exchange" thread covers this question a little. I presume the standard vials used are the same as the Goulet vials, but I'm not sure about that.

You can trade with whatever vials you want, just make sure they're clean and you know how much you put in them (for a fair trade). One trade I got had a tiny glass vial!

Edited by lady flash

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, but you always know they're there...

I have: Binder's Burgundy, (Noodlers Burgundy, Turquoise, Bay State Blue,) Watermans Purple, Sheaffer Scrip Red

I want anything except: Noodlers Blue, Noodlers Forest Green, Noodlers Apache Sunset, (Diamine - Pumpkin, Meadow, Matador, Midnight, Aqua Lagoon, Florida Blue, Marine). (DeAtramentis - Mint Turquoise, Dianthus, Poppy Red, RL Stevenson.) Private Reserve Sepia, Platinum Silky Purple,

I'll be sending 5ml in Goulet type vials.

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen. (It's smaller than an sj)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, if not let me know where best to post.

I have several bottles of ink which are fairly full and which I am no longer interested in.

I would consider trading one or more of these bottles with someone for another color.

I think a fair trade is one in which the volumes of ink being traded were fairly close.

I can make a reasonably accurate measure of the ink in the bottles.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Joe

I love PR DCSSB, but my favorite is 1940's Quink Permanent Royal Blue.

Why? Just because. :)

My doctor even teased me about it once - he told me his father wrote everything

in that color, and watching me write made him remember. The man is past 60 too...

ken

• 1 month later...

Replacement for my earlier list:

I have Noodlers Bay State Blue and Bay State Cranberry to give away (even large samples or partial bottle).

Am looking to try:

any iron gall, except Diamine Registrars, which I own,

any Japanese black

any blue, black, or blue-black Organic Studio.

Tim

Edited by tmenyc

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

I have:

Waterman Serenity Blue

Noodler's Blue-Black

Noodler's Baystate Blue

Noodler's Lexington Grey

I am interested in:

Lamy Blue

Lamy Blue-Black

Levenger Claret

Private Reserve Tanzanite

Noodler's Apache Sunset

Anybody interested in exchanging a few cartridges?

In standard international, I have visconti black, cult pens deep dark blue, levenger red black amethyst and brown.

In pilot, I have black and purple

In parker, I have blue

I would be interested in just about anything not listed. I can use pretty much any common type.