Ink Sample Exchange - United States

Guest Denis Richard

Updating my list with new colors and including what I'm looking for this time (whoops!)...

Available inks: 

Birmingham 

Celestial Blue, Fountain Turquoise, Gerbera, Polar Bear, Raspberry Rain, Riot Ember, Root Beer, Southern Portal, The Green Weenie, Twilight, Violet Starling

Diamine 

Amber, Apple Glory, China Blue, Claret, Deep Magenta, Cool Green, Havasu Turquoise, Imperial Purple, Jade Green, Mediterranean Blue, Oxblood, Scarlet, Steel Blue, Violet, Woodland Green

Monteverde 

Black Ash, Birthday Cake, Sapphire

Trading for:

Anything besides black that's not on my trading list or the list below of inks I've already sampled:wub:  Sharing up to 4ml each!

Already sampled:

De Atramentis —Document Yellow, Whisky Brown-Copper

Diamine  Enchanted Ocean, Moon Dust, Pumpkin, Spearmint Diva, Twilight

J. Herbin — Emerald of Chivor, Gris Nuage, Rose Red, Vert de Gris

Monteverde — Blue Velvet Cake, DC Supershow Classic Blue

Montblanc — Corn Poppy Red

Noodler's  Apache Sunset, Green Marine, Liberty's Elysium

Organic Studios  Nitrogen, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Walden Pond Blue

Robert Oster  Deep Purple, Fire & Ice, Purple Rock, Thunderstorm, Violet Clouds

Sailor — 730, 123

🐌 💌 📬 Snail mail enthusiast & ink swatching fiend. Trade inks with me here🎨🌈🖋️

round-letter-exc.pnground-ink-exc.png

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cursive Child

• Sailor Kenshin

• GreenVelvet

• aj3537

20 hours ago, Percy said:

Updating my list with new colors and including what I'm looking for this time (whoops!)...

Available inks: 

Birmingham 

Celestial Blue, Fountain Turquoise, Polar Bear, Raspberry Rain, Riot Ember, Root Beer, Southern Portal, The Green Weenie, Twilight, Violet Starling

Diamine 

Amber, Apple Glory, China Blue, Claret, Deep Magenta, Cool Green, Havasu Turquoise, Imperial Purple, Jade Green, Mediterranean Blue, Oxblood, Scarlet, Steel Blue, Violet, Woodland Green

Monteverde 

Black Ash, Birthday Cake, Sapphire

Trading for:

Anything besides black that's not on my trading list or the list below of inks I've already sampled:wub:  Sharing up to 3ml each!

Already sampled:

De Atramentis —Document Yellow, Whisky Brown-Copper

Diamine  Enchanted Ocean, Moon Dust, Pumpkin, Spearmint Diva, Twilight

J. Herbin — Emerald of Chivor, Gris Nuage, Rose Red, Vert de Gris

Monteverde — Blue Velvet Cake, DC Supershow Classic Blue

Montblanc — Corn Poppy Red

Noodler's  Apache Sunset, Green Marine, Liberty's Elysium

Organic Studios  Nitrogen, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Walden Pond Blue

Robert Oster  Deep Purple, Fire & Ice, Purple Rock, Thunderstorm, Violet Clouds

Sailor — 730, 123

Greetings,

I am interested in a sample of your "Diamine - Woodland Green".
I have samples of two of the Diamine Exclusives available for trade.

1. Diamine - Lion Rock (Brown with Green Sheen)

891615024_Diamine-LionRock.thumb.jpg.449321054068f018c2a2507a52bc6f66.jpg

2. Diamine - Kong Girls (Purple with Pink sheen and Sky Blue Shimmer)
20210105_101136_Film1.thumb.jpg.8f17cc543b223eeeb10eef761b13c6f7.jpg

Diamine - Kong Girls_1.jpg

Diamine - Kong Girls_2.jpg

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

4 hours ago, Detman101 said:

Greetings,

I am interested in a sample of your "Diamine - Woodland Green".
I have samples of two of the Diamine Exclusives available for trade.

Sounds great! I'll DM you to work out details. :) 

Hello everyone! If you'd like to exchange ink samples, please take a look at my inks and amounts.

I am most interested in receiving muted/earthy colors without shimmer.

Available inks and amount:

Akkerman: #21 China Town Red, 2.5 ml

Diamine: Grey, 4 ml

Encre Classique: Lilas (Lilac), 4 ml

Iroshizuku: Kiri-same, 3 ml

Iroshizuku: Tsukushi, 3 ml

Kyo no Oto: #8 Urahairo, 2 ml

Monteverde: Amethyst, 3 ml

Monteverde: Olivine , whole bottle, factory sealed

Monteverde: Purple Reign, 4 ml

Monteverde: Smoke Noir, 3 ml

Noodler's: Tokyo Gift Cherry Blossom, 3 ml

Papier Plume: Midnight Blue, 4 ml

Pen BBS: #182 April Diamond, 4 ml

Pen BBS: #135 Beijing, 3.5 ml

Pen BBS: #154 Zhu Ziqing, 3 ml

Robert Oster: Black Violet, 4.5 ml

Robert Oster: Bronze, 4 ml

💌✍️ Snail mail rocks! 📬 🐌
I am currently on hiatus (too inconsistent)
but I admire those who do!

On 1/14/2021 at 8:27 AM, Detman101 said:

Diamine - Kong Girls_1.jpg

Oooh, nice. What type of nib is this?

1 hour ago, mail_snail said:

Oooh, nice. What type of nib is this?

I wish I could tell you.
My connect in HK sent me that pic...I neglected to ask her what kind of dip pen that is.
i tried to use the dip pen I have for a writing sample as well...lets just say that it didn't work out as well for me.
:(
I have no idea how dip pens work...or how people put up with having to re-dip them after writing ONE LETTER!
I gave up after it took me 5 minutes to write "Testing Dip Pen" and went back to writing with a regular fountain pen with the ink in it.

975659132_Diamine-KongGirls-1.thumb.JPG.2a48412b6c54cfc73139013bed96f504.JPG

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

Sorry for the late reply...I love the doodle-art style of your writing, even what you call "trash" 😄 I think it might be a B nib. I have one with a similar round dot on the end, but not so big. Looks like fun.

And yes, dip pens do take getting used to! The Zebra G nib is especially tetchy. I think dip nibs do better with thicker inks like acrylics; fountain pen ink runs off the nib too fast. The one in the photo has a little metal piece on top that helps hold more ink and distribute it out evenly. 

Thanks again for the creative reply!

Edited by mail_snail
Correction

1 hour ago, mail_snail said:

Sorry for the late reply...I love the doodle-art style of your writing, even what you call "trash" 😄 I think it might be a B nib. I have one with a similar round dot on the end, but not so big. Looks like fun.

And yes, dip pens do take getting used to! The Zebra G nib is especially tetchy. I think dip nibs do better with thicker inks like acrylics; fountain pen ink runs off the nib too fast. The one in the photo has a little metal piece on top that helps hold more ink and distribute it out evenly. 

Thanks again for the creative reply!

Ahhhh...that explains it then. That Zebra-G nib would hold enough ink for one letter and then it was done....super annoying. Once I have my Penbbs-487 back from it's travels, I'll put up another test of the ink to my gallery that's proper and well coordinated. Thank you for the info!

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

Hi folks! I would absolutely love to trade inks - I'm not very active on here, but if you look at my profile at Pen_Swap on Reddit, I have over 30 confirmed trades.

Here's a link to my personal ink spreadsheet (yes, I'm one of those people).

Anything within the first two tabs ("inks for sale/trade" and "bottles") is available for sample trade, and the sample quantities are listed. (ignore the prices for trade purposes, but you're also welcome to buy them outright.)

All the inks I've tried before are listed in the following three tabs.

A "short" list of inks I'd like to try:

• 3Oysters Special Edition Marine Green

• Diamine Peacock Flare
  • Diamine Blue Velvet
  • Colorverse Strelka
  • Colorverse Gravity Wave
  • Colorverse Ham Glistening
  • Kyo-no-Oto Hisoku 
  • PenBBS #103 (Hyacinth Macaw)
  • PenBBS #292 (South Smoke)
  • PenBBS #514
  • PenBBS #515
  • Robert Oster Tranquility
  • Organics Studio Copper Turquoise
  • Van Dieman's Azure Kingfisher
  • Vinta Night Sky Shimmer Tala
  • not an ink, but a sample vial's worth of Vanness's White Lightning ink additive!
  • something that matches the base color of Organics Studio Emerson, but doesn't sheen quite so overwhelmingly!

Other than that, I'm open to most cool colors (blue/green/purple) and am not interested in neutrals (black/grey/brown), pink, or orange. I love to try sheening & shimmering inks, so lay them on me.

QUITE A FEW OF THESE HAVE BEEN OFFERED/SWAPPED, PLEASE REFER TO MY SPREADSHEET LINKED ABOVE. 

@egglorru - I'll PM you, I see you've got a couple on this list!

@meh-lodious I've got Vanness's White Lightning! I'll PM you! 

(updated to say: the "short" list of inks has gotten markedly shorter thanks to some kind swappers, so consider it obsolete - I've added another tab to the spreadsheet to more accurately reflect my wishlist.)

Hi ink swappers! Where do you get your empty vials? According to Vanness Pens, empty vials are in limited supply due to demand from Covid testing. Has anyone bought any from Amazon?  

9 minutes ago, mail_snail said:

Hi ink swappers! Where do you get your empty vials? According to Vanness Pens, empty vials are in limited supply due to demand from Covid testing. Has anyone bought any from Amazon?  

So serendipitous - I was just snooping on Amazon for vials but haven't pulled the trigger yet! I thought these vials looked good and had many positive reviews (including a handful of reviews from folks specifically using them for FP ink!)... But I'd love to hear if anyone else has ordered from Amazon!

17 minutes ago, Percy said:

So serendipitous - I was just snooping on Amazon for vials but haven't pulled the trigger yet! I thought these vials looked good and had many positive reviews (including a handful of reviews from folks specifically using them for FP ink!)... But I'd love to hear if anyone else has ordered from Amazon!

I was thinking of those! I only worry because the most recent reviewer(s) in November noted a lack of sealing gasket and unfortunate ink spillage ☠️ 

I see they have them on JetPens here, not too bad a deal either.

10 minutes ago, mail_snail said:

I was thinking of those! I only worry because the most recent reviewer(s) in November noted a lack of sealing gasket and unfortunate ink spillage ☠️ 

Nooooo!!! Anyone who's received samples from me and seen my obsessive tape and triple-bag system knows I'm petrified of ink leakages and similar disasters. That just won't do! :( The JetPens listing is a great deal! Goulet Pens has a pack of 10 that's reasonably priced as well. 

@Percy Oh, nice. That is a good price! And you get free shipping at $85...clearly one should be practical and go on to buy $82 worth of pen stuff (sorry, I don't make the rules). 

11 hours ago, Percy said:

Nooooo!!! Anyone who's received samples from me and seen my obsessive tape and triple-bag system knows I'm petrified of ink leakages and similar disasters. That just won't do! :( The JetPens listing is a great deal! Goulet Pens has a pack of 10 that's reasonably priced as well. 

Ooooh...good deal, thank you!
That reminds me, I need to spend some money there in February. ;)

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

12 hours ago, Percy said:

12 hours ago, mail_snail said:

Those vials are not good. I ordered some from Amazon before and it leaked during transit. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. There's no seal in the cap and it's not the same kind that you get from Anderson, Goulet or Jetpens.

12 hours ago, Percy said:

38 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

Ooooh...good deal, thank you!
That reminds me, I need to spend some money there in February. ;)

Here's the one that I have and use. These are identical to the ones from Anderson, Goulet or Jetpens. The only difference is the color of the cap. Let me know if any of you are interested. Will be cheaper than any retailer.

IMG_0902.thumb.JPG.2ce2faa94ca18f828fe2b047d4ceb08c.JPG

41 minutes ago, dylim1 said:

Those vials are not good. I ordered some from Amazon before and it leaked during transit. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. There's no seal in the cap and it's not the same kind that you get from Anderson, Goulet or Jetpens.

Here's the one that I have and use. These are identical to the ones from Anderson, Goulet or Jetpens. The only difference is the color of the cap. Let me know if any of you are interested. Will be cheaper than any retailer.

IMG_0902.thumb.JPG.2ce2faa94ca18f828fe2b047d4ceb08c.JPG

Thanks for the report, @dylim1! Sad to hear the leakage reviews are right on the money 😢