Ink Sample Exchange - United States

Guest Denis Richard

I have : I will match ML amount offered (up to 5).

• Robert Oster Summer Storm
  • Robert Oster Purple Soul
  • Papier Plume Garden District Azalea
  • Sailor Jentle Four Seasons Sakura Mori "Cherry Blossom"
  • Sailor Jentle Four Seasons Yama Dori Copper Pheasant Teal
  • Kobe #06 Kobe Bordeaux
  • Kobe #56 Rokko Shichidanka
  • Kobe #57 Himeajisai "Hydrangea"

I am interested in : (l currently love pastel colors as well as vibrant interesting colored inks.)

• PenBBS inks (looking especially for June Pearl & Hyacinth Macaw)
  • Starryink (especially melon tourmaline, melon summer, & melon citrine)
  • Poetink
  • Any specialty inks or mixes (like from kakimori)
  • Any Sailor exclusives (like from usagiya, maruzen, joyful-2, and any other kobe inks)
  • Kyo-iro or Kyo-no-oto

I can be contacted here through PM as well as e-mail at vulpecula.et.anse@live.com

Thank you! =D

Edited by PhoenixNyx

I am willing to trade hand drawn postcards for ink samples, although there is a limited number of postcards that I have. I am mainly looking for Sailor inks, although I am not picky so send me a message here with a list of inks you have to sample if interested and we can work something out. Thank you! =D

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cursive Child

• Sailor Kenshin

• GreenVelvet

• aj3537

Perfume/cologne for ink, anyone?

I don't have any ink to trade, but I have lots of perfume. 3ml, 6.5ml and 13.5ml spray vials, all authentic, decanted from my own bottles. ml per ml is fine for BBW and Victoria's Secret; any other brands (more expensive) I'd ask for 1ml perfume for 2ml ink.

I am interested in: just try me. Anything but black.

I have:

MEN'S Cologne / Perfume:

- Yves Saint Laurent Kouros (5x 3ml) 1 gone

- Armani Acqua di Gio (1x 3ml and 1x 13.5ml)

- Bath & Body Works Noir (2x 3ml) 1 gone

- Bath & Body Works Dark Amber (1x 3ml)

- Bath & Body Works Cool Spring (1x 13.5ml)

- Bath & Body Works Mountain Frost (2x 3ml)

- Bath & Body Works White Citrus (2x 3ml)

- Bath & Body Works Woodland (3x 3ml and 2x 13.5ml) 1 3ml gone

- Victoria's Secret Very Sexy For Him (3x 3ml)

WOMEN'S Perfume:

- Bath & Body Works Forever Midnight (3ml and 6.5ml, lots)

- Victoria's Secret Love Rocks (3x 2ml, 3x 3ml)

- Bath & Body Works Creamy Coconut (3x 13.5ml)

- Bath & Body Works Exotic Coconut (2x 13.5ml)

- Bath & Body Works Chocolate Amber (1x 13.5ml)

- Ralph Lauren Hot (5x 3ml)

- Chanel Beige (1x 2ml)

- Shalimar Parfum Initial (2x 3ml)

- Yves Saint Laurent Cinema (1x 3ml)

- Bath & Body Works Breathe Romance (1x 2ml)

- Victoria's Secret Bombshell (1x 3ml)

- Dior Diorissimo (1x 3ml)

- Victoria's Secret Sweet Tease (1x 3ml)

- Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Hot (1x 3ml)

- Couvent Des Minimes Fleur D'Oranger (3ml)

- Comptir Sud Pacifique Coco Extreme (1x 6.5ml)

Contact me by PM!

Edited by milazinha

• 2 weeks later...

I have Diamine Monaco Rec and Noodler's Navy.

I want inks suitable for work environment.

I'm looking to swap some ink samples I don't need.

What I have:

• Noodler's Black (2ml)
  • Noodler's Socrates (2ml, purple "Eternal Ink")
  • Noodler's Habanero (2ml)

What I want:

• Anything but Noodler's, and non-IG... If it shades well that would be excellent!

PM me here or email my username @ gmail.com

Thanks!

Edited by economicalpenster
the economical penster - celebrating inexpensive pens!

I just realized it's been over a year since I posted my interest in trades here! All my inks are in my signature, and at this point I'm interested in anything I haven't already tried that isn't black, so just shoot me a PM of what you've got if you want to try any of mine out.

(Even if you don't have anything I've not already sampled, I also trade samples for postcards, which I collect.)

I'm always up for an ink trade!

The only ink i have to swap at the moment is Noodles 54th Massachusetts, i would be interested in any green or purple inks.

I'm pretty new here and think this is a great idea. Wondering about what you use to put the ink samples in? I have purchased many ink samples from Goulet Pen Company - is that an appropriate container for trading here? Or are you using something a bit larger than those vials? Because I have a few empty vials and would love to start trading ink samples. Thanks.

~ Cheryl >^..^<

My inks I'm willing to trade: Aurora (Black), Blackstone (Barrier Reef Blue), BunguBox (L'Amant), Callifolio (Violet), Cross (Blue), De Atramentis (Archive Black, Document Violet), Diamine (Ancient Copper, Eau De Nil, Green Umber, Prussian Blue, Sherwood Green, Steel Blue, Twilight), KWZ (Gummiberry), Levenger (Forest), Monteverde (California Teal, Fireopal), Nemosine (Alpha Centauri), Noodler's (Blue Ghost, Bulletproof Black, Lexington Gray, Polar Brown), Parker Quink (Black), Pelikan 4001 (Brilliant Brown, Turquoise), Pelikan Edelstein (Olivine), Pilot Iroshizuku (Ama-Iro, Ku-Jaku, Syo-Ro), Private Reserve (Purple Mojo, Sepia), Robert Oster (Fire & Ice, Lake of Fire, Marine, Soda Pop Blue, Tranquility), Sailor Jentle (Oku-Yama, Souten), Sailor Shikiori (Yodaki), Taccia (Cha), Waterman (Absolute Brown, Harmonious Green, Inspired Blue, Tender Purple).

I'm pretty new here and think this is a great idea. Wondering about what you use to put the ink samples in? I have purchased many ink samples from Goulet Pen Company - is that an appropriate container for trading here? Or are you using something a bit larger than those vials? Because I have a few empty vials and would love to start trading ink samples. Thanks.

I use the Goulet vials. They sell empty vials in packages of 10, and of course you can re-use the vials.

When mailing I enclose the vial in a small ziplock baggie, in case of leakage during shipment. But the Goulet vials do seal very securely.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

You can also buy cheaper vials of the same size as Goulet vials. The information is in the first post of this thread. People tend to trade between 2-5 mL of ink so the Goulet sized vials work nicely. When I mail samples, I wrap the lid with waterproof electrical tape to keep the samples from leaking. It's very effective.

I'm always up for an ink trade!

I'm not interested in loaning inks, but I have a Waterman's Intense hardcore intense hardcore tough-as-nails gray.

If you could have the most gray-sheening ink on earth, you've found it. I literally see sheens of blue, purple, and even a bit of RED in the bottle. It might just be that the glass is performing chromatography, but to me, a well-behaved black ink SHOULD NOT show you colors of the rainbow.

I'm not interested in loaning inks, but I have a Waterman's Intense hardcore intense hardcore tough-as-nails gray.

If you could have the most gray-sheening ink on earth, you've found it. I literally see sheens of blue, purple, and even a bit of RED in the bottle. It might just be that the glass is performing chromatography, but to me, a well-behaved black ink SHOULD NOT show you colors of the rainbow.

This thread probably isnt the best place for these comments unless you're offering to trade samples? I'm sure people would be interested to talk about this in the ink forum though (Inks, Inc.)

(that being said, sheen's more about how the ink looks when dry instead of in liquid form, but it's intriguing that you see that many colors in it)

Inks (Always willing to trade samples, PM me!): Noodler's Rome Burning, Noodler's Henry Hudson Blue, , J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune, P.W. Akkerman Laan Van Nieuw Oost-Indigo, Chesterfield Antique Slate, Chesterfield Antique Shamrock, Chesterfield Antique Jade, Chesterfield Antique Orchid, Chesterfield Capri, De Atramentis Apricot, De Atramentis Alexander Hamilton, J. Herbin Rouge Hematite (sans gold), Organics Studio Willow Green, Sailor Storia Magic Purple, Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu, Diamine Eau De Nil, Franklin-Christoph Midnight Emerald, Franklin-Christoph Black Cherry

Hi. I'm looking to get a sample of Montblanc Lucky Orange.

I have LOTS of ink I can trade for, and I am definitely generous about sharing if there's more than one that you're interested in. Please PM if you can spare a little of the orange and let me know what you are looking for.

I would love to get a sample of Seitz Kreuznach Dark Orchid and/or Lamy Dark Lilac (I know it was a special edition, but it came out before I was into pens this much). Or any other violet that shades nicely - but true violet or blue-violet, not red-violet. I might also be open to other inks if you really have to have some of mine :) :

Pelikan 4001 Turquoise, Brilliant Brown, Brilliant Black

Noodler's Lexington Gray, Polar Brown, Bulletproof Black

Private Reserve Sepia, Purple Mojo

Cross Blue

Parker Quink Black

Robert Oster Fire & Ice

De Atramentis Archive Black

~ Cheryl >^..^<

My inks I'm willing to trade: Aurora (Black), Blackstone (Barrier Reef Blue), BunguBox (L'Amant), Callifolio (Violet), Cross (Blue), De Atramentis (Archive Black, Document Violet), Diamine (Ancient Copper, Eau De Nil, Green Umber, Prussian Blue, Sherwood Green, Steel Blue, Twilight), KWZ (Gummiberry), Levenger (Forest), Monteverde (California Teal, Fireopal), Nemosine (Alpha Centauri), Noodler's (Blue Ghost, Bulletproof Black, Lexington Gray, Polar Brown), Parker Quink (Black), Pelikan 4001 (Brilliant Brown, Turquoise), Pelikan Edelstein (Olivine), Pilot Iroshizuku (Ama-Iro, Ku-Jaku, Syo-Ro), Private Reserve (Purple Mojo, Sepia), Robert Oster (Fire & Ice, Lake of Fire, Marine, Soda Pop Blue, Tranquility), Sailor Jentle (Oku-Yama, Souten), Sailor Shikiori (Yodaki), Taccia (Cha), Waterman (Absolute Brown, Harmonious Green, Inspired Blue, Tender Purple).

• 2 weeks later...

Updating my list of samples available for trade:

• Noodler's Black
  • Visconti Sepia
  • Diamine Scarlet
  • J. Herbin Bouton D'or

What I want:

• blues, oranges, greys (that are not Noodler's and no-IG)

PM here or email my username @ gmail

Thanks!

the economical penster - celebrating inexpensive pens!

I would love to get a sample of L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Violet or Ohlanga or Bleu Equinox Ink. And I am open to many other samples as well; just send me a PM if there are any inks of mine you would like samples of:

Cross Blue

Parker Quink Black

Robert Oster Fire & Ice

De Atramentis Archive Black

Edited by csgebhart

~ Cheryl >^..^<

• 1 month later...

I have nearly full bottles of inks I don't like. I can see that this is a samplers marketplace. But if anyone is interested in any of the following nearly-full bottles of ink, PM me and we'll work something out—inks, paper, notebooks, creative trades, whatever.

• Private Reserve Plum
  • Private Reserve Invincible Blue
  • Sheaffer Skrip Red
  • Sheaffer Skrip Blue

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

• 1 month later...

I have a few new inks I'm willing to trade; here is my complete list (new inks at the end):

Cross Blue
Parker Quink Black
Robert Oster Fire & Ice
De Atramentis Archive Black, Document Violet

Callifolio Violet

KWZ Gummiberry

Pilot Iroshizuku Syo-Ro

Diamine Ancient Copper

Edited by csgebhart

~ Cheryl >^..^<

• 2 months later...

Inks I have:

Noodler's Q-Eternity

Parker Quink Black

Diamine Blue-Black

Interested in dark blues that dry quickly and don't lean towards purple or teal. Water resistance would be nice, too.

"Nothing is new under the sun!  Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us." Ecclesiastes

I currently have no inventory except for a couple Noodlers inks (Baystate Blue and Blue Ghost) but am looking to try numerous inks. What do you guys recommend as far as an ink exchange or ink trial program?

Have:

Noodlers Baystate Blue

Noodlers Blue Ghost

Want:

Some good blues and blacks that resist water and other inks, especially india inks.

Wild card (surprise me!)

If it isn't too bright for you, it isn't bright enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be willing to send out samples of my Papier Plume inks.

For FP:

Red Beans and Rice

Calle Real

Calligraphy inks:

Ivy Green

Indigo

Peacock Blue

Black

Willing to try any ink. My go to is Noodlers Heart of darkness because of the durability ratings. So something similar would be cool. If you don't have any ink to offer and still want a sample just ask. I don't mind.