Ink Sample Exchange - United States

Guest Denis Richard

In this thread, is it okay to offer whole bottles of ink to be traded? I will go ahead and ask, if it is a problem I can ask a mod to delete this post.

I have some barely touched (ink is still in neck of the bottle) Noodlers Bad Blue Heron that has been sitting around. I'm wondering if anyone would like to trade one of their barely touched Noodler inks. Preferably bulletproof (but negotiable). I'm not too picky on the color so if you are interested send me PM with what ink you'd like to trade. I'll then do a little research on the ink and get back to you.

And I actually like the ink a lot but I've been slowly going through my ink drop samples; Plus I was given some Kon-peki Iroshizuku as a gift recently and I've been using that a lot, so I haven't had the opportunity to delve into the ink.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cursive Child

• Sailor Kenshin

• GreenVelvet

• aj3537

In this thread, is it okay to offer whole bottles of ink to be traded? I will go ahead and ask, if it is a problem I can ask a mod to delete this post.

I have some barely touched (ink is still in neck of the bottle) Noodlers Bad Blue Heron that has been sitting around. I'm wondering if anyone would like to trade one of their barely touched Noodler inks. Preferably bulletproof (but negotiable). I'm not too picky on the color so if you are interested send me PM with what ink you'd like to trade. I'll then do a little research on the ink and get back to you.

And I actually like the ink a lot but I've been slowly going through my ink drop samples; Plus I was given some Kon-peki Iroshizuku as a gift recently and I've been using that a lot, so I haven't had the opportunity to delve into the ink.

How is the Kon-Peki? I've recently gotten into Iroshzuku ink (Tsuki-yo) and was hoping to get more good feedback on that band.

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

-John Quincy Adams

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will get you the right ones."

-John Lennon

How is the Kon-Peki? I've recently gotten into Iroshzuku ink (Tsuki-yo) and was hoping to get more good feedback on that band.

I like the quality of the ink. I use it in my Vanishing Point (f) and the dry times are good. Feathering is at a minimal too. Color is subjective, I like the color a lot but I like Tsuki-yo a little bit more. I've come to realize I like slightly darker shades of blue than what the Kon-Peki is at.

I like the quality of the ink. I use it in my Vanishing Point (f) and the dry times are good. Feathering is at a minimal too. Color is subjective, I like the color a lot but I like Tsuki-yo a little bit more. I've come to realize I like slightly darker shades of blue than what the Kon-Peki is at.

Thanks for the info!

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

-John Quincy Adams

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will get you the right ones."

-John Lennon

I HAVE:

Noodler's Widow Maker

Noodler's Borealis Black

Noodler's Baystate Blue

Private Reserve Ebony Green

Private Reserve Black Cherry

Private Reserve Electric DC Blue

Private Reserve Velvet Black

Private Reserve Naples Blue

Waterman Inspired Blue

Interested In:

Anything Pilot Iroshizuku

Any High-Shading Inks

Contact me via email:

dan dot chin dot msn - gmail dot com

I have these inks available for trade: Noodler's Widow Maker, Noodler's Borealis Black, Noodler's Baystate Blue, Noodler's X-Feather, Noodler's Bad Blue Heron, Noodler's Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Avacado Green, Private Reserve Black Cherry, Private Reserve Electric DC Blue, Private Reserve Velvet Black, Private Reserve Naples Blue, Waterman Inspired Blue, Private Reserve Ebony Green, Diamine Syrah, Chesterfield Emerald (Diamine Emerald), Chesterfield Tourmaline (Diamine Umber), Chesterfield Archival Vault (Diamine Registrar’s)*Iron Gall

I'm not sure if there is a place for this, but rather than start a new thread I figured I would try here. If it is inappropriate, or needs to be moved, I will certainly do so.

I'm looking to trade a bottle of ink for another. Can that be done?

I've got a 99% full 80ml bottle of Diamine Matador. It's a very nice red, but I've decided I need something water resistant/bulletproof. I'm wondering if anyone would like to trade for a waterproof or bulletproof red, like Noodler's Fox?

Is this the correct place?

Flickr http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I haven't read every post but I'm currently looking for any Visconti Inks or any Tsuki-yo. If anyone has either, let me know, please!!

I'm adding on, I would like to have Noodler's Golden Brown, as well. I have Parker Quink that I would be willing to trade for either of these inks.

-John Quincy Adams

-John Lennon

I'm looking to trade for any of the noodler's American eel series. Please see my sig for the inks I have for trade.

I have these inks available for trade: Noodler's Widow Maker, Noodler's Borealis Black, Noodler's Baystate Blue, Noodler's X-Feather, Noodler's Bad Blue Heron, Noodler's Apache Sunset, Private Reserve Avacado Green, Private Reserve Black Cherry, Private Reserve Electric DC Blue, Private Reserve Velvet Black, Private Reserve Naples Blue, Waterman Inspired Blue, Private Reserve Ebony Green, Diamine Syrah, Chesterfield Emerald (Diamine Emerald), Chesterfield Tourmaline (Diamine Umber), Chesterfield Archival Vault (Diamine Registrar’s)*Iron Gall

Hi Dillo,

Would you like to trade some ink?

I am interested in:

Aurora Black

Diamine Claret

Diamine Jade

Diamine Emerald

Omas Green

Pelikan Violet

Pelikan Brilliant Green

I have a list of my available inks in my signature. What do you think?

Hi,

I have a new supplier of vials. They are extremely fast at shipping, so when I'm backordered, we shouldn't see as much lag time. That aside, I order huge quantities so that we shouldn't have that problem so often. The vials are the same as always, only the supplier is different.

That said, I have the following inks to trade:

Aurora Blue

Aurora Black

Diamine Claret

Diamine Blue-Black

Diamine Jade

Diamine Emerald

Omas Green

Omas Turquoise

Pelikan Violet

Pelikan Brilliant Green

I will be getting in a few more colors eventually, but these are what I have for trading right now.

Dillon

Hello all!

I currently have a full bottle of

Diamine - Florida Blue

J. Herbin - Lierre Sauvage

I'm willing to either trade a full Diamine or vials. Light blues/greens or reds are what I would like to try. Doesn't matter the brand :D

By the way. . . First post!

you guys, do both parties need to be located in the US to take part in this? I'm in the EU, and I would love the chance to swap some ink with everyone else. I have several bottles of Herbin, plus some older ink (still in good shape) that I would love to de-stash lol - aside from a couple of colours that are mainstays, all the other ones I prefer to rotate to keep things interesting, and at this rate and with dozens of samples from my Ink Drop subscription still half full, it would be years before I finished those full-size bottles on this kind of occasional/experimental use (the mainstays are what I use for most of my writing). And in the meantime, the full sizes just take up room that I'd rather user for Yet More Samples (I swear I had a paradigm shift when I got my first ink sample hehe).

Anyway, I don't want to go on about what I have (what I want is simple enough - anything!) so I just wanted to ask about this first. I can easily get goulet-like vials, if that helps; I couldn't find photos/description of the Dillon vials mentioned, so I'm not sure they're the same kind, but if they're bigger than the goulets' I guess I can always send two g-vials :)

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

I have for trade (samples):

Noodler's: bulletproof black, Aircorp blue-black, Nikita

J. Herbin: Bleu Azure, Poussiere de Lune

I am interested in:

Samples of something new that I haven't got!

Contact me by e-mail

Edited by MaddyMarcel

Student of history, art, and life, writing the Encyclopedia of Retro-Modern Savoir-Faire

http://proustscookies.blogspot.com/

Only a few posts of whole bottle trading but I'm going to throw mine in,

I have a bottle of noodler's blue-black

I'm looking for literally anything else

It's my only bottle (I can't afford another for awhile) and it doesn't work in my pen (much too wet) and so I'm looking for a dryer ink on the cool end of the color spectrum. But I'd honestly write exclusively in yellow if it didn't flow as heavily as this one does.

Edit: I have only filled my (very small) cartridge under a dozen times. The ink does not go below the round part of the bottle.

!~~~~!

/ \

! !

! !

Edited by Piper

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Only a few posts of whole bottle trading but I'm going to throw mine in,

I have a bottle of noodler's blue-black

I'm looking for literally anything else

It's my only bottle (I can't afford another for awhile) and it doesn't work in my pen (much too wet) and so I'm looking for a dryer ink on the cool end of the color spectrum. But I'd honestly write exclusively in yellow if it didn't flow as heavily as this one does.

Hey piper,

How about a full bottle of private reserve ebony green? I have an extra.

Time to Update my list:

I have the following to trade:

inks for trade

Diamine Presidential Blue 2004

Everflo Basic Black

Everflo Orchid (small sample)

Noodlers Bay State Blue

Noodler Concord Grape

Noodlers Old Manhattan Black

Noodlers American Eel Blue

Pelikan 4001 black

Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-Peki (small sample)

Private Reserve Dakota red

Quink permanent micro black, vintage

Sheaffer Skrip Jet Black, vintage

Sheaffer Skrip permanent blue-black, vintage

I'm looking for:

Platinum black -- carbon and noncarbon

Sailor Black

Mont Blanc Black

thanks!

Tim

Edited by tmenyc

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

Hello all!

I am just getting started, and have contacted to get some vials, so hopefully, I'll be up and running soon! In the meantime....

Here's what I have:

Sheaffer

black

Noodlers-

Apache Sunset

Green Marine

Midway Blue

Blue Ghost

What I'm looking for: (cartridges welcome too)

J. Herbin-

Diablo Menthe

Lie de The

Diamine-

Orange

DeAtrimentis-

Lilac

Noodlers-

Dragon's Napalm

Private Reserve-

Fast drying Chocolat

Avacado

I'm not too picky though. I'll try anything interesting! PM me if you are interested!

Edited by Apete06

Of course I have pen and paper ready!

• 2 weeks later...

I want to update my ink list as I love swapping samples!

I have:

De Atramentis

Sherlock Holmes - Night Blue

Mont Blanc

Lavender Purple

Midnight Blue

Noodler's

Purple Wampum

Bad Green Gator

Noodler's for FPN

Van Gogh Starry Night Blue

Pelikan

4001 Black

Private Reserve

Chocolat

Lake Placid Blue

Orange Crush (has turned brownish, but still very nice-looking)

Plum

Sherwood Green

I want:

Just about anything. But I am really interested in magenta and burgundy colors right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, My name is Silas.

I am 18 and have a love for collecting fountain pens!

I am trying to expand my collection of pens, inks, papers, and all I can get! I love both new and old.

To get an idea of what I am working with;

I currently own four pens, a Pelikan m150 F, Waterman Hemisphere M, Noodler's Jade Ebonite Konrad Flex, and Noodler's Rattlesnake & Adrenaline Acrylic Konrad.

As for inks, I am a big fan of Noodler's Inks!

I am trying to expand my collection of inks, and am open to all samples of inks and papers! I haven't ever tried any of the great papers I have read about. I can use all I can get lol. As you can imagine the fountain pen hobby is a bit pricey for a kid my age! But I love it, and we all start somewhere.

Thank you to all the wonderful people on here for all the great reviews, help, and knowledge I have gotten from reading. I joined FPN last year and used it before that. I thought it was time to introduce myself!

“If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you behave.”
- Fulton J. Sheen

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8039/inkminima1.png

Hello, My name is Silas.

I am 18 and have a love for collecting fountain pens!

I am trying to expand my collection of pens, inks, papers, and all I can get! I love both new and old.

To get an idea of what I am working with;

I currently own four pens, a Pelikan m150 F, Waterman Hemisphere M, Noodler's Jade Ebonite Konrad Flex, and Noodler's Rattlesnake & Adrenaline Acrylic Konrad.

As for inks, I am a big fan of Noodler's Inks!

I am trying to expand my collection of inks, and am open to all samples of inks and papers! I haven't ever tried any of the great papers I have read about. I can use all I can get lol. As you can imagine the fountain pen hobby is a bit pricey for a kid my age! But I love it, and we all start somewhere.

Thank you to all the wonderful people on here for all the great reviews, help, and knowledge I have gotten from reading. I joined FPN last year and used it before that. I thought it was time to introduce myself!

What inks do you have to trade?

I have a full bottle of Waterman Black, I would like to trade for another full bottle! I am a big fan of Noodler's inks, but am open to others. What do you have to trade? Message me!

Edited by FountainPenCollector1994

“If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you behave.”
- Fulton J. Sheen

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8039/inkminima1.png