Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole?

GeorgeWP

Reprieve,

I'm pleased that you find the Onoto P/Filler 'interesting.'

One thing that I can assure you, is that the filling mechanism is superlative, I quite candidly admit that I was 'sceptical,' that it would be anything more than a 'gimmick', and quite possibly a liability, when I first heard about the plan to produce it! But now I am converted, I have tried it, and it works beautifully, 'and' the 'shut off' valve works like a dream!!!

When I first saw your post saying:- 'Very interesting." I immediately thought of the 'Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In' in 1969/70, with Peter Sellers, dressed in German Army uniform standing up amongst 'studio prop' bushes, smoking a cigarette in a peculiar manner, and saying:- 'Veeeeeery Interesting!......................... but stupid!!!" :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

I'd better stop now, I'm showing my age!!!

See y'awll!

Truffle Finder. :thumbup:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

Shouldn't you be slumbering soundly about now, Simpole? Must be wired from the day's excitement. :bunny01:

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Peter Sellers! :wub:

By the way, I might be bringing another Simpole pen home--I'm seriously considering this new Onoto plunger filler. Of course, the overlay cap is my favorite part. Decisions, decisions... :cloud9:

PS: You all will be happy to know that Kevin has not left my pen case. His fiery red ink dragon breath has been dripping across all of my written pages every day since he arrived.

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Peter Sellers! :wub:

By the way, I might be bringing another Simpole pen home--I'm seriously considering this new Onoto plunger filler. Of course, the overlay cap is my favorite part. Decisions, decisions... :cloud9:

See....they're like Lay's potato chips....you can't have just one....or two....or three even, apparently! You, reprieve darling, have become another Simpole addict....I think being just a groupie will keep my financial consultant happy. :bunny01:

~~Larry Brown

Dear Henry! How does the Heritage compare in size (girth) with the one I have? :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Reprieve..........I'm sorry I don't have any details of the mix of inks......... I just put what I had at my desk at the time! It does make an interesting colour, but on the other hand it is a waste of each ink I suppose! I love Omas Grey as it looks so like pencil..........but in a wide nib it is amazing!

Temptations..................:gaah:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Dear Henry! How does the Heritage compare in size (girth) with the one I have? :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Reprieve..........I'm sorry I don't have any details of the mix of inks......... I just put what I had at my desk at the time! It does make an interesting colour, but on the other hand it is a waste of each ink I suppose! I love Omas Grey as it looks so like pencil..........but in a wide nib it is amazing!

Chris, I doubt there is much difference in girth of the base pen as the overlays are the same on the caps of your pen and the Heritage. But your pen has a barrel overlay as well, right? So the Heritage barrel is probably a tad slimmer in diameter. But Henry will correct me if I've erred in my assumption, I'm sure. :notworthy1:

~~Larry Brown

Arte Johnson on Laugh In

Think I found it.

Thanks GP! Those were the days..........I can remember watching R & M on their first screenings here in Oz, and loving every second of it all. How many 'sayings' do we have today that originated from that show??? :roflmho:

Make it count!!!

Chris, I doubt there is much difference in girth of the base pen as the overlays are the same on the caps of your pen and the Heritage. But your pen has a barrel overlay as well, right? So the Heritage barrel is probably a tad slimmer in diameter. But Henry will correct me if I've erred in my assumption, I'm sure. :notworthy1:

You know all the right words to use............even if they are in the wrong places - :roflmho:

Sorry! An overflow from R & M seeped in there :ltcapd:

I am going to stray into the world of mayhem I think..............and try to give my Onoto nib some character.................. it needs an 'edge'!!! :ninja: :blush: :wacko:

Make it count!!!

You know all the right words to use............even if they are in the wrong places - :roflmho:

Sorry! An overflow from R & M seeped in there :ltcapd:

I am going to stray into the world of mayhem I think..............and try to give my Onoto nib some character.................. it needs an 'edge'!!! :ninja: :blush: :wacko:

I must be speaking in American again....

~~Larry Brown

Mission accomplished...........one Onoto writing very nicely - and before you ask, I forgot to bring it downstairs to do a photo! You must take my word for this!!! :thumbup: :embarrassed_smile:

Make it count!!!

When I was a very little girl I used to ask my mother to draw me a horse...........so she would draw a square and say..........."a horse was in there, but it has run away!"

This blank space is my Onoto upstairs!!!! :roflmho:

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

:bunny01: . . . . . . . . . ' . . . . .. .. . .:bunny01:

:bunny01: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :bunny01:

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Edited by Chris Chalmers

Make it count!!!

Veeeeeeeeery Interesting.....................................But stupid!!!

Truffle Finder! :thumbup:

You just wait..................you........you .. 'enery 'iggins!!!! :crybaby:

Make it count!!!

Reprieve..........I'm sorry I don't have any details of the mix of inks.........

I shall have fun experimenting! Thank you for the idea of mixing the two. I love Omas Grey, but I don't use it very often. I wonder if just a drop or two of Verdigris would spice things up a bit!