Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole?

GeorgeWP

Ah!!! Those 'things'!!!

Well Henry, if you can't identify your own pens.........no prize for you - I think the naughty chair is now waiting :roflmho:before any more warm and fuzzy moments come to pass! :crybaby: :embarrassed_smile:

How amazingly relaxed you look with all that booty around you. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Chalmers

• Ghost Plane

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

As always, the drool runneth over. :puddle:

Lady Frances' Christmas should be merry.... :bunny01:

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

I've just got back from seeing my mate Lionel in Hatton Garden, I had to drop off the Gold Snake pattern overlays to him to get the Emeralds set in the eyes!

While I was up there, I decided to scrap two half Sovereigns which I had bought from a chap up at Portobello Road about 5 years ago, I seem to remember that I paid him about £150 for them at the time, which was approximately the 'Gold Value' at that time.

When I took them to the usual place to 'do the business', they announced that they were only indicating that they were made from 'under 18ct', when they tested them more accurately they just scraped through at 18ct, but they had obviously been made by somebody other than the Royal Mint!

I was quite happy to receive the £294.79 that they gave me for the scrap, but I thought that it might serve as a warning to others here, who might be tempted to buy Sovereigns thinking that they can't loose!!! The real Macoy Sovereigns and 1/2 sovereigns are made of 22ct gold, and had these been genuine I would have got about £448.

See Yawll!! :thumbup:

Truffle Finder.

So biting them has proven to be less than accurate? :P

~~Larry Brown

Hmmmm! :hmm1: Is this a recent scam I wonder............ melting down real Sovs and then making copies of lesser gold content? :gaah: Can you remember the chap who sold you the coins Henry? :bonk:

Good return on them, none the less - some people are just born lucky. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Make it count!!!

Sadly, nothing is sacred and fakes abound in all items of high value. Thanks for reminding us to be wary.

~~Larry Brown

Nothing much to report from yesterday's trip to Portobello, it seems that most of my 'regulars' are 'penned-out' following the London Pen Show a few weeks ago! I did however see one of my 'clients' who came to drop off a few pens in need of repair, so it was not an entirely uneventful day, it was really good to see him, and we talked about the Goldsmith's Hall Show which he had visited with a very interesting friend of his, who had until fairly recently held a senior position at one of the 'colleges' training silversmiths in London, a very fascinating man. Something that I treasure about working in the 'pen business', is that I meet such 'nice' people.

Hey-hoo! It's back to the Onoto overlays, I am hoping to get them 'finished' by the end of the day!

Truffle Finder. :thumbup: :embarrassed_smile:

Right, I've broken the back of it!!!

All the caps and barrels have had all the 'sprue-ends' removed, and I have just finished bringing them to a light 'suede-finish' with the flapper wheel!

I hope you are taking this all in! I'll be asking questions later!

Now this just leaves the polishing, then a visit to the Assay Office, and away they go!!!

I must rush, I've got the roast lamb in the oven! :thumbup: :embarrassed_smile:

Truffle Finder.

:puddle: Drool of a different sort now....geez! :rolleyes:

~~Larry Brown

I tried them once but I found the 'sprue-ends' were a bit too crunchy!!! :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd:

Truffle Finder. :thumbup:

What excitement...........and I haven't even emailed Henry yet to say they have landed - but I'm sure he looks here before he reads emails these days!!!

Those Emerald eyes............and so near Halloween!! I have only just unpacked - and because I saw ink on the nib of the Snake I tried it - and you see above the first of many many words to come from that IF nib!!!!

The other, as you can see is an Onoto Overlay - #1 Artist's Example.

Thank you Henry!!! You have done it again!! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Next is the roud-up of all eight pens for a group hug and photo! Where is Neal when photos are needed??? Mine as sad compared with his beauties.

Make it count!!!

Next is the roud-up of all eight pens for a group hug and photo!

Excuse me while I faint! I can't wait to see that photo! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: