• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

YA'LL!!! Guess what my friendly neighborhood FedEx man just delivered?!?!?! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Henry just sent me the shipping notice this morning. I checked the tracking information, and the pens left Stansted, GB at 5:23 PM on October 18th. They were delivered to me in the Southeastern US at 10:09 AM on October 19th. ONE DAY. Actually, that is less than 24 hours! How in the world is that possible?!?! Well, I'm certainly not complaining! I am extraordinarily impressed, both with the pens and with FedEx.

About the pens: OH MY GOD. I have just looked thus far, and not yet inked, but they are gorgeous. Stunning. My two Chatsworths will be angry with me but (I have to say it) these pens are even more impressive. Jasmin is a classic starlet, glamorous and sophisticated. Kevin is ferocious, handsome, otherworldly, and intricately engraved. The detail in the engraving is beyond words. Seeing the pen in person has made me even happier that I chose the black pen instead of the white; the overlay really does stand out against the black. Henry, the Dragon is my favorite out of all of your designs. As soon as I saw it, the Dragon grabbed me--and it is almost as if this pen was made especially for me. I feel very lucky to be able to own these works of art.

Now I must decide on which inks to use... what fun!

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Special commendations to Fed-X I think!

I am really pleased that you are so pleased with the pens, just a word of warning, I don't know how long it has been since you used a button filling pen, but it is wise to follow the guideline of being gentle with it, and slower than you would normally be with a cartridge converter when filling it. Allow a few seconds before removing the immersed nib from the ink bottle! Sorry to teach grandma how to suck eggs! But sometimes people handle old fashioned style pens as though they are like modern pens!

Please send my regards to Kevin!

Truffle Finder. :thumbup:

PS. I am talking about the Jasmin Pen BTW!!!

Without pictures, it NEVER happened! :bunny01:

What she said.....

And London is like 5 hours in the future time-wise from the East coast, so Fedex had a considerable jumpstart.

:clap1: Congratulations! And again....What GP said....

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

And London is like 5 hours in the future time-wise from the East coast, so Fedex had a considerable jumpstart.

Considering the package had to travel all that way and go through customs, I am very impressed. It takes three business days to receive anything from New York using the very same shipping method!

I will try to post some photos soon (though they will not be nearly as good as Neal's!). Right now, I'm still in awe, just admiring the pens--I haven't even inked them yet (which is normally the first thing I do)!

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Special commendations to Fed-X I think!

I am really pleased that you are so pleased with the pens, just a word of warning, I don't know how long it has been since you used a button filling pen, but it is wise to follow the guideline of being gentle with it, and slower than you would normally be with a cartridge converter when filling it. Allow a few seconds before removing the immersed nib from the ink bottle! Sorry to teach grandma how to suck eggs! But sometimes people handle old fashioned style pens as though they are like modern pens!

Please send my regards to Kevin!

PS. I am talking about the Jasmin Pen BTW!!!

Thank you for the advice about filling the Jasmin pen. I did flush it with water to get it ready for inking, and the filling system seems to work great. It should hold a lot of ink! I am a big admirer of the vintage Parker Duofold, so I figured the Jasmin would work the same. :thumbup:

Congratulations Reprieve!!! Kevin and Jasmin must be glad to get home!!!

Like everyone says...........photos please - :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

I'm still waiting for my two to show on the Fedex radar - :gaah:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

I'm still waiting for my two to show on the Fedex radar - :gaah:

Patience dear one....you are in another universe....

~~Larry Brown

Patience dear one....you are in another universe....

Please don't tease the Tasmanian. Do you have any idea how much effort she puts in, just to get the quantum probability polarisation right so that she can post Neal's pictures?

What do trogs drink to keep them so warm and fussy (as someone here likes to put it....)? :rolleyes:

~~Larry Brown

Stop it!

This is just getting silly!!!

'The Warm Fuzzies' have got nothing to do with it! I've already got Jeremy Clarkson's people onto it!

Where's that 'Comfy Chair?'

I'm sitting in it while I use the Spirit :roflmho:

She's made of sterner stuff. Cardinal Fang! Poke her with the ... soft ... cushions!

OMG! You guys are cracking my ribs! :ltcapd:

~~Larry Brown

The magical secret powers have worked on Henry, and I now have the correct tracking number - and my pens are in Sydney, the Alexandia depot - from whence they will fly to Tassie - but methinks hoping for a delivery this very afternoon is one wish too far! Sadly we will have to wait until Monday for the delight I can hardly hold back............as our systems here ignore weekends completely!

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

BTW, TrogloKev is absolutely on the button..................he knows, we sat next to each other at a memorable pre-show dinner in November 2009. His ultra fine nibs work amazing calligraphy of the Orient. :cloud9:

Make it count!!!

I have just received these photos for hosting and posting.......thank you Neal and Henry!

These are from the recent week at Goldsmith's Hall Exhibition - and although I'm tempted to add corny comments, I think I'd better leave it to the master to add his own! Some very serious eye candy here...........and I wonder if there is a prize for the person who can name all pens??? :roflmho:

OK - here we go!

Oops! Forgot the Bunnies :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/GSH1.jpg

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/GSH2.jpg

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/GSH3.jpg

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/GSH4.jpg

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/GSH5.jpg

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/GSH6.jpg

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/GSH7.jpg

Edited by Chris Chalmers

Make it count!!!

You can see that I'm not the technician that Neal is when it comes to taking pictures!

The first picture is the magnificent entrance and staircase at the Goldsmith's Hall, but you probably had worked that out yourselves!!!

Photos 2,3, and 4 are my stand, the 'things' that look like pieces of rock, are in fact pieces of Lime Tree bark, which I 'borrowed' from a large specimen of that tree just round the corner from G/S Hall! Don't worry, [tree huggers!] they shed their bark periodically anyway, I just helped out a little!

Photos 5,6, and 7 are of 'Lady Francis' trying out the deco style Lady Pen, which I am pleased to say she will have by Christmas! :embarrassed_smile:

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

And a good time was had by all!

Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't identify the individual pens better!

See y'awll!!!