• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

I've never seen a Parker Giant in person. It looks nice enough, but I'd rather have one of Henry's overlays!

+1 cloud9.gif

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

I can only imagine upending my Spirit and filling that body with Ku-Jaku :yikes: If I keep writing like I am, I may have to! :eureka:

I can only imagine upending my Spirit and filling that body with Ku-Jaku :yikes: If I keep writing like I am, I may have to! :eureka:

Wow! I was just about to ask if you'd done the conversion when you beat me to the post! Goosebumps!

~~Larry Brown

Lovely to hear you are home safe and sound and not snow bound!! :thumbup:

You have enough time to practice your drums between now and the 27th! Go for it! :thumbup:

Welcome Home!

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

I'm now up and dressed, and waiting for a 'couple' who are coming over to see me about 'his' 50th birthday present, which his partner wants to buy for him!

It will be interesting to find out which pen they will choose. But it bodes well for a Friday morning!

:embarrassed_smile:

Truffle Finder. :rolleyes:

A bit of an anticlimax really!

It turned out to be either my mistake, or 'my mistake', they are coming over here 'next' Friday!

So, I'll have to wait till then!

Oh fiddlesticks!!!! :crybaby:

Now we all wait, breathe held, for a week! I do hope they are better at choosing than they are at diary writing!!! :unsure:

In the meantime you can polish all the silver in anticipation. :clap1:

Make it count!!!

Well, it wasn't as cold this morning as it has been for the past few days, [but still cold enough for wearing my long-johns today!]

The best part of today's business, was Lady Frances, who turned up with her husband, she had just come back from New Zealand, and was sorely in need of a 'top-up' of her favourite pens! She chose three standard coloured Parker 51's, 2 with broad italic nibs, and one with a fine nib, which was unusual for her, but her writing seems to be getting ever smaller, so perhaps she will try it, and see how she gets along with it. :embarrassed_smile:

It had been over a year since I had seen her, and I was pleased to hear that the Deco Lady overlaid pen that she bought at the Goldsmith's Hall Exhibition, still took pride of place on her writing desk! :rolleyes:

Happy Days!

Truffle Finder. :thumbup:

Me thinks the Lady needed a "top-up" of her favourite pen man.... But who could blame her....he has a certain charm.embarrassed_smile.gif

New Zealand....the film location for the soon-to-be-released "The Hobbit" movie....Can't wait!!! bunny01.gif Tolkien was my cup of tea. wink.gif

~~Larry Brown

Methinks that you are suffering from an excessive amount of over-exuberance Esterbex!

I would have you know that [apart from the pen transactions] and the exchange of some comestibles [namely a pot of homemade marmalade, and some 'tray bakes'] we just enjoyed a meeting in a very civilised manner! :embarrassed_smile: Really!!!

Homemade you say? I rest my case.

Nothing uncivilised is suggested, dear Truffle.

You happen to be the Pen Man of choice of more

than the good Lady. This thread confirms that. :notworthy1:

As for exuberance, that's my natural state of affairs, sorry. Americans tend to be so anyway, so I've a double portion. :bunny01:

Happy Sunday! :cloud9:

~~Larry Brown

Next year will be my 30th year of sobriety!

Without wishing to go into too much detail, about my 'previous' life, of trying to drink myself to near death! I will just confirm that I am a much happier soul now than I was when I entered treatment in May 1983, at Clouds House in Wiltshire.

I have decided to make a pen for them, that they could sell at their various 'fund-raising auctions' which they hold from time to time.

Unlike my Old School Pen that I did a while ago, Clouds House does not have a 'Coat of Arms' which I could incorporate into the design, but in a way that could be better, as this would allow me to design an almost 'generic' pattern, more like a 'blank canvass'. My initial thoughts are to make it a foliate design, incorporating the letters:- 'CH' hopefully subliminally hidden amongst the leafy pattern!

Sometimes, I find it difficult to get inspiration about a new design, but with this one I really can't wait to get started on the drawings, it will be a lovely way for me to show my gratitude to the people at Clouds House, who helped me turn my life around.

As soon as I have done the drawings, I will send copies to Neal, and he can post them on this thread. :embarrassed_smile:

Truffle Finder.

PS. I must make sure to 'Keep it Simple!' :mellow:

clap1.gifSplendid idea!!! I hope they appreciate your efforts and that the pen garners the attention it should.

Any room for "Rule Nº3" to be incorporated into the design? smile.gif

~~Larry Brown

Next year will be my 30th year of sobriety!

Without wishing to go into too much detail, about my 'previous' life, of trying to drink myself to near death! I will just confirm that I am a much happier soul now than I was when I entered treatment in May 1983, at Clouds House in Wiltshire.

Congratulations, it's good to have you happy and here with us in the world of living!

Thank you Raging Dragon!

To say that I am pleased to still be here, and alive and reasonably well, would be an understatement, but the alternative is not very attractive!

If anyone had told me what I am doing now [back in 1983] I really would have thought that they were insane!

I am just glad that I made the various decisions along the way, that have brought me to where I am now. Those decisions were purely to allow me to do what I enjoy doing, and I hope that people continue to appreciate what I am doing and like the pens that I make.

:embarrassed_smile:

I have started the design of the Clouds House Pen, it will be Acanthus Leaves as the basic pattern, with the letters CH subliminally hidden within the design. Definitely "Keeping it Simple!!!"

Truffle Finder. :thumbup:

Congratulations Henry! :thumbup:

Both on your anniversary and the idea to make a pen to mark such a wonderful milestone, and donate it to the place that made you the man you are now....and I mean that in the nicest way! :cloud9:

Make it count!!!