Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole?

GeorgeWP

For whatever reason, the Flickr link is unstable...so here is the pic posted via my trusty Mac.

fpn_1412297992__conwaystewartmakie.jpg

Thank you dear esterbex... :rolleyes:

I don't know why but I have had real problems for ages now when trying to link an image from my flickr account to fpn. What's your method...? It clearly works, thank you.

Why can't fpn let members upload images directly from their own devices...?! So much less messing around....

Edited by billydo

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

I don't know why but I have had real problems for ages now when trying to link an image from my flickr account to fpn. What's your method...? It clearly works, thank you.

Why can't fpn let members upload images directly from their own devices...?! So much less messing around....

Have you ever looked at the UPLOAD tab top right of your page? Just above the search bar? Uploading right into the FPN servers, with no chance of the picture not being available because the picture-bank does not work?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Have you ever looked at the UPLOAD tab top right of your page? Just above the search bar? Uploading right into the FPN servers, with no chance of the picture not being available because the picture-bank does not work?

D.ick

This is true Dick. But you still must download a pic to your computer before uploading to FPN's servers. Most people are now used to the ease of Facebook and other such social media posting of images. Even though we are better at it here than another older-formatted pen forum, there are stiil extra steps required to perform the function.....it's not click and post. And all devices are not compatible....yet. Still, it is better than not being able to post at all....

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Fortunately, dear billydo, Flickr does allow downloading of some images if the author allows. So that's what I did. But it's more difficult to do if you're not hooked to a compatible or able device....FPN will catch up eventually.

~~Larry Brown

This is true Dick. But you still must download a pic to your computer before uploading to FPN's servers. Most people are now used to the ease of Facebook and other such social media posting of images. Even though we are better at it here than another older-formatted pen forum, there are stiil extra steps required to perform the function.....it's not click and post. And all devices are not compatible....yet. Still, it is better than not being able to post at all....

Incorrect, you also can upload from a certain URL

I agree that then you have to paste the link to the picture as stored on the FPN-server into the message.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Well holy smoke D.ick and esterbex.... the upload button at the top of the page works! :) I've clearly slept through the time that fpn introduced this feature, but thank goodness it has!

Here's another of the CS Maki-e pen.

Many thanks again!

fpn_1412343213___dsc0191.jpg

He He He!!!

You think that that looks beautiful, you should see it now, I fitted the brand new clip to it this morning shortly after it arrived by post from Neal's place.And I've temporarily borrowed a section feed and nib from another Churchill that I have got, so the only thing to do now is to put the two gold bands on the pen, [easier said than done I fear!]

Happy days indeed!

Truffle Finder. :) :D :excl:

PS. For anyone who will be attending the London Pen Show this Sunday, I will be there with this beautiful pen, and showing it off with pride!

Good morning!

I don't know about anybody else, but I must say, I had a terrific Pen Show yesterday, and Portobello was also pretty good!

From about 10.30 am onwards there were plenty of people in the room looking at all the 'pen-related delights' available at the various stands, and certainly business was quite brisk at my stand.

I sold one of my overlaid pens on Saturday, and four more were bought yesterday at the show. I really do enjoy doing these shows, obviously from a business point of view, but also because I do enjoy talking to people who have taken up pen collecting recently, and just want to find out more about them, [as long as they don't start talking about the serial numbers on different models of their pens, I don't mind!] I fell in love with these beautiful pens, about 25 years ago, but I can't find anything beautiful about serial numbers!

I did manage to buy a few things, [mainly pens for the 'spare parts'] yesterday, but having spent quite a lot of money recently, that was probably quite a wise thing!

I do feel quite tired today though, it is surprising just how tiring just 'manning' a stand is! But maybe I'm just getting older!

So pleased to hear your weekend was a great one. May you have many more! :happy:

~~Larry Brown

Many thanks once again Neal for posting the pictures. Yet again they are very good, I just wish that I had been wearing cleaner [and possibly freshly pressed] jeans for the occasion!

Anyway, you can't get it right all the time!

Oh well....ink spots look better on those.... ;)

~~Larry Brown

While I was at Portobello yesterday, an extraordinary thing happened.

A young man came up to my booth, and asked me if I happened to live in Wanstead? Because he felt pretty sure that he recognised me from a few occasions while waiting at the Post Office!

I told him that I was indeed from there, and we talked for a while. It turned out that he collects 'cut-throat razors'! And that he was hoping to decorate the handles, using different materials, [such as mother-of-pearl].

Anyway, we talked for a while, and we left it that if he thought that I might be able to help him in any way, he was more than welcome to get in touch with me at my workshop. I have no idea whether I will be able to help him, but it could be interesting.

Truffle Finder. :)

For the best part of the last twelve months, I have been working on a commissioned silver overlaid pen for a gentleman who lives in Singapore, [actually he has asked for two of that particular design].

I am pleased to say that the Hall-Marking has now been done, and the pens are now complete. It is always very satisfying when I get to the end of projects like this, and I am looking forward to seeing the gentleman who commissioned me to make the pens this Saturday, up at Portobello Road.

Neal has been taking a series of photographs of the different stages of the production, as and when it has been convenient to do so.

Providing the gentleman agrees [when I see him tomorrow] hopefully some pictures will be posted on this thread shortly!

Here are the completed pens. Not only is the design very intricate they are also huge pens! For scale purposes please see the bottom central image where I've placed a Lamy Safari and bottle of Diamine ink for scale. These are eyedropper pens and would hold an incomparable amount of ink; just the job for you Ghost Plane!

fpn_1413799053__henrysnamikihomage2014.j

OMG!!!! Are they larger than the Spirit of Life pen? But not as large as the CS Great Exhibition?

The pattern is extraordinary!

Quite beautiful! :wub: I like the red one, too!

~~Larry Brown

Here are pics of the original from a post from sumoshogo back in February of this year.

The cap....

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy78/sumoshogo/TemplateCap_zps8ad6d9e6.jpg

Barrel...

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy78/sumoshogo/TemplateBarrel_zps857a9809.jpg

~~Larry Brown