• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

I think his work is absolutely the best, an artist and a living legend, he will surely become part of fountain pen history. I´d love to meet him one day.

I first saw some of his pens a year ago but it has been a real treat to look round his website tonight. Thank you George.

I think his work is absolutely the best, an artist and a living legend, he will surely become part of fountain pen history. I´d love to meet him one day.

I first saw some of his pens a year ago but it has been a real treat to look round his website tonight. Thank you George.

Great pleasure Simon - I am so glad that I have managed to make his work known to a greater audience.

As I have said earlier in this thread, I live just a mile or two from Henry and he has invited me over to see his workshop. I was away in Italy for part of October and have some stuff to catch up on right now, but as soon as that is done I will get along to see him.

If anyone is interested, I will post again on this thread and tell all of you about it.

George

Edited by GeorgeWP

George WP, don't forget to take your camera; It would be such a pity if you are going to see the man, look round his workshop handle the pens, etc: and not be able to show everybody else!!! Come on don't be mean! Make a promise!

Truffle Finder.

George WP, don't forget to take your camera; It would be such a pity if you are going to see the man, look round his workshop handle the pens, etc: and not be able to show everybody else!!! Come on don't be mean! Make a promise!

Truffle Finder.

Now how could I refuse ;-) - (the emotions don't work any more since the change in the software.)

Hello to George, Billydo, Truffle Finder, Simon, GeorgeWP and GhostPlane............we are all singing from the same sheet - and all waiting and wanting to see lots of photos please!!!

Now I wish Henry could see how many fans he has - and his pens are terrific too!!!:rolleyes:

To get emoticoms to work you have to double click on the smiley face above the box, then go to the panel that opens on the right of the box, and then scroll to the right to see which smileys are available and click on one - if you are lucky you get it in your message - :wub:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Hello to George, Billydo, Truffle Finder, Simon, GeorgeWP and GhostPlane............we are all singing from the same sheet - and all waiting and wanting to see lots of photos please!!!

Now I wish Henry could see how many fans he has - and his pens are terrific too!!!:rolleyes:

To get emoticoms to work you have to double click on the smiley face above the box, then go to the panel that opens on the right of the box, and then scroll to the right to see which smileys are available and click on one - if you are lucky you get it in your message - :wub:

Hi Chris

I have actually been in touch with Henry this evening telling him that I will be over to see him in the the next week or two - very busy with work at the moment (working now as a matter of fact) - have to do it as I have a feeling that my visit is going to cost me!

He is aware of this thread, as I told him about it when I started it up - don't know if he has had a look at it though. I have relayed to him much of the adulation he has received from it and, in his usual way, he was quite amazed but also really gratified that he is held in such high esteem.

I will certainly post up as many pictures as I can - how would I be able to get away with not doing that now!

I have tried that with the emoticons, but there is nothing available to me - all I get is a whole load of boxes with red crosses in them. Do you think I am being locked out, as an incentive, until I put up the pictures from Henry :-)

George

Hi George!

It is a mystery to me how things work here on FPN - but I am the original 'born in the wrong century' person here - and just find the things that work for me and assume it is the same for everyone!!!

What a shame you are going to have to post photos............get Henry to do some silly faces and we can use them for emoticoms!!!! Don't tell him I said that though - hehehehe!!!

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Hi again all its great reading all your great comments on Henry,he is a great guy who has at last been recognised for his superb work.

Having spoken to Henry today i am pretty certain that this is putting a smile on his face.

Henry if you are reading this i hope you liked your haircut today not too short i hope.

Keep up the good work with your pens , i will be ordering another one very soon and i might surprise you with my new design ideas

George

When one of you go, ask him if he can think of a way to wrap calligraphy around the pen? I've seen him do interlocking letters in English, but I'd love to try a line or a few words, perhaps in another language that joins together well.

When one of you go, ask him if he can think of a way to wrap calligraphy around the pen? I've seen him do interlocking letters in English, but I'd love to try a line or a few words, perhaps in another language that joins together well.

I will be going to see Henry soon - will ask him about that for you.

What in particular are you looking for? Chinese, Arabic ?

George

George

Ah, don't be a piker -- go for Sindarin (elvish, as created by J.R.R. Tolkien).

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

Don't forget that Henry now has a waiting list for his 'Bespoke' pens, I think it will take about 4 or 5 months before you see your pen George! That's an awful lot of hair-cuts!!! Still it should be worth waiting for.

Truffle Finder.

George

Either Farsi or Arabic. I'd love to have a line from a prayer. Or maybe the Greatest Name if connecting so it will wrap becomes an issue. There's some beautiful calligraphy out there and the flowing shapes seem like they would lend themselves.

George

Either Farsi or Arabic. I'd love to have a line from a prayer. Or maybe the Greatest Name if connecting so it will wrap becomes an issue. There's some beautiful calligraphy out there and the flowing shapes seem like they would lend themselves.

OK - I'll ask him - he will be the best one to jnow what is possible.

Thanks muchly. I can get my hands on samples if he needs ballpark examples. Want to get an idea what's possible before thinking exact designs.

But the idea of holding a prayer in my hands every time I pick up a pen to write is kind of warming.

Funnily enough, I ordered one of Henry's Acanthus Duofolds before reading this thread. Can't wait to give it an inking.

Graf von Faber-Castell | Conway Stewart | Pelikan | Romain Jerome | ST Dupont | Parker | De La Rue | Wahl-Eversharp | Mabie Todd | Sheaffer | Cross | Montegrappa | Summit | Pilot | Lamy

Thanks muchly. I can get my hands on samples if he needs ballpark examples. Want to get an idea what's possible before thinking exact designs.

But the idea of holding a prayer in my hands every time I pick up a pen to write is kind of warming.

No problem Ghost - I will be going to see Henry at the end of next week - if you would like to PM me with some idea of what you would like, or scans of some samples, I can give them to Henry when I see him and he can get back to you to discuss what can be acheieved within your requirements.

Glad to be of help.

George