Stipula T Flex Nibs

lecorbusier

Recently, I came across the Stipula model T series sporting a T Flex nib. Though there is no option to this one size only T Flex titanium nib, the nib looks like an oversize Sailor nib in pictures and stated as .6mm in width.

Does anyone have any writing experience with this pen? At the price of $133, it looks like a steal from Omas more upmarket option, the Emotica.

AAA

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deirdre

• Doug C

• KenS

• FrankB

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a new pen, so I'm not sure how many people own one yet.

I liked their two previous incarnations of titanium nibs.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Recently, I came across the Stipula model T series sporting a T Flex nib. Though there is no option to this one size only T Flex titanium nib, the nib looks like an oversize Sailor nib in pictures and stated as .6mm in width.

Does anyone have any writing experience with this pen? At the price of $133, it looks like a steal from Omas more upmarket option, the Emotica.

It really is a steal from Pen Gallery. The newest Fahrney's sells it for $196, and I believe they quote the list price here as something around $225.

I'm curious as to how this nib works as well. They seem to imply that it can write most any kind of line.

the Danitrio Fellowship

It really is a steal from Pen Gallery. The newest Fahrney's sells it for $196, and I believe they quote the list price here as something around $225.

I'm curious as to how this nib works as well. They seem to imply that it can write most any kind of line.

Sure, as long as it's not finer than medium! :(

I am also really curious about this "one size fits all" nib. I also have and very much like a couple previous Stipula ti nibs. But they are not flexy and do not provide substantial line variation. This pen model is inexpensive enough that I will definitely try one, but I have no idea what to expect.

I have an answer for you.

Ready?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2661/3920167823_6135ae6a86_b.jpg

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Well, now that IS interesting! Can you give us some idea how the nib feels on paper? Is it springy soft, or do you have to use both hands to get it to flex? (Kidding.)

I wouldn't call it springy. Maybe -- sprightly? Like it's got a bit of flex?

A true vintage wet noodle needs less pressure, but these nibs don't require huge pressure.

The one I used was smoother than the Emotica, but otherwise they're pretty darn similar nibs. If you like black pens (I don't, generally) and don't mind the (Sheaffer) Balance-style shape, this would be a neat pen for you.

I have two other Stipula pens with this same shape, so I'll take a group photo with a Balance II later.

deirdre.net

I wouldn't call it springy. Maybe -- sprightly? Like it's got a bit of flex?

A true vintage wet noodle needs less pressure, but these nibs don't require huge pressure.

The one I used was smoother than the Emotica, but otherwise they're pretty darn similar nibs. If you like black pens (I don't, generally) and don't mind the (Sheaffer) Balance-style shape, this would be a neat pen for you.

I have two other Stipula pens with this same shape, so I'll take a group photo with a Balance II later.

Deirdre,

Did you just try the Model T or do you own it? How big a pen is it, compared to say the Ventidue. No problems with skipping?

I really find the lines on this pen attractive, and the black doesn't bother me at all.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Did you just try the Model T or do you own it? How big a pen is it, compared to say the Ventidue. No problems with skipping?

I really find the lines on this pen attractive, and the black doesn't bother me at all.

I received one as a gift and it just arrived this morning, so I'll have to take more pictures later.

It's definitely larger than the original Ventidue. Capped, it's about as long as my Visconti Augusta Novelli.

Edited by Deirdre

deirdre.net

Okay, here's some comparison shots. Forgot to mention that there's no problems with skipping -- I've only had problems on one Ti-nibbed pen and it was that original silly feed.

Horrible focus, sorry. Front to back: Stipula Ventidue (early), Stipula Ventidue (late), Stipula Model T

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/3924835401_0fcc6e6c8b.jpg

Front to back: Pineider Juliet (made by Stipula), Stipula La Signoria Sforza, Stipula Model T

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2472/3925621492_b10d3c6bc1.jpg

Front to back: Pineider Juliet, Sheaffer Balance II, Stipula Model T

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2464/3924835957_25d440550d.jpg

Edited by Deirdre

deirdre.net

I bought mine just a few hours ago from Pengallery's B&M store and I can tell you this pen writes very smoothly, demonstrates a good degree of flex and produces good line variation almost similar to those you'd find in a vintage pen. I went there to buy a Caran d'Ache Eclat ballpen as a gift for my wife, but I ended up also taking home the Model T too after being very impressed with its writing characteristics, after being shown this pen by Mr Lai

Shahrin

It's definitely got a nod to the Sheaffer Balance, and I like their shape.

What surprised me last night was how different the Model T was than the two other Stipula-made pens I had with the same clip style.

deirdre.net

What surprised me last night was how different the Model T was than the two other Stipula-made pens I had with the same clip style.

How SO??????

the Danitrio Fellowship

Price is currently $190 at Pen Gallery and $196 at Fahrney's. With the difference in shipping costs, the total is almost identical.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

How SO??????

See the photo with the Pineider Juliet and the Stipula La Signoria Sforza for comparison. (I thought it was obvious, which is why I didn't say it, but then I remembered I didn't post a photo with the clips.... Doh!)

deirdre.net

Maybe it is just me, but I find the shape of this pen lovely and intriguing...

I'm going to get one....

...you are not the only one that likes the shape of this pen, very organic and so rounded and curvaceous...

...so I too am thinking of a purchase coming on - but not until next month - have got three new pens this month!

Regards,

Charlieboy

Price is currently $190 at Pen Gallery and $196 at Fahrney's. With the difference in shipping costs, the total is almost identical.

Right. PenGaller just changed their price. A week or so ago it was $133. I noticed that they didn't change the pricing for any of the other new Stips, just the Model T.

I agree-might as well just buy it here at Fahrneys(or wait until a few more dealers with more aggressive prices start carrying them).

the Danitrio Fellowship