Update on Status

Admin

Hi. The new look is OK, the old wasn't bad either.

Appreciate all the hard work behind the screen... :P

Missing the members location on this planet. :(

Suggestion to the team:

Put a list of all the issues you are currently working on in the first post of this thread.

Something like: Fixed/High priority/low priority/no chance or something like that

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chthulhu

• Sailor Kenshin

• ArchiMark

• penspouse

Here are a couple of screen caps of my profile. They look way different from the old FPN interface; the 'answers' in the first cap are oddly compressed so they don't match up/align with the questions, and in the second, the About Me stuff is covering the personal pic.

Is there a fix for these problems and has anyone else noticed these changes to their profiles?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ProfessorBunky/Misc/fpnscreencap1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ProfessorBunky/Misc/fpnscreencap2.jpg

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

At the bottom of each cap, just to the left of the "Internet" do you see the icon with the yellow dot and exclmation point on it? It's telling you something's wrong and you should double-click on it to find out what that is. I also see that you're viewing in a window that's probably smaller than the site layout was meant for; you can try maximizing the window to see if that helps. Your photo is partially covered when I view your profile, too; you might want to make it smaller or choose a smaller one.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

Yellow dot? Exclamation point? @__@

It took a whole tech team to capture and post this for me! :P

Penspouse, I also notice that other people's profiles look the same to me; as for the personal pic, it was TEENY on the old FPN. I didn't resize it. Dunno what happened.

Penspouse, I also notice that other people's profiles look the same to me; as for the personal pic, it was TEENY on the old FPN. I didn't resize it. Dunno what happened.

If you'd like to send me your e-mail address in a PM or an e-mail, I'll resize the picture and send it to you.

Edited by Chthulhu

Mike Hungerford

If you'd like to send me your e-mail address in a PM or an e-mail, I'll resize the picture and send it to you.

Thanks---that's a kind offer. I'll let you know if my Tech Squad can't.

You're not alone; there is at least one other person having this problem, using Firefox 3.0.? and Windows XP. It seems that the problem is local to him (and now to you) since the rest of us don't see it happen, even to your posts. It would be worth clearing your browser's cache and deleting FPN-related cookies to see if that helps, followed by updating your browser to the latest version if it isn't already there.

I'm the "other person" mentioned above...I selectively cleared the fpn cookies, and it appears to be ok. Thanks!

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

Sailor Kenshin, I just looked at your profile in Firefox on Mac, Safari on Mac, Firefox on XP and Windows Explorer on XP and I get the same thing on all four of them. Perhaps it's time to drop a note to an Admin and inquire?

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Sailor Kenshin, I just looked at your profile in Firefox on Mac, Safari on Mac, Firefox on XP and Windows Explorer on XP and I get the same thing on all four of them. Perhaps it's time to drop a note to an Admin and inquire?

Everyone's profile looks the same: that 'questionnaire' squeezed into a teeny box so the answers don't align, etc.

BTW, cute kitteh in ur avvy. ;)

Has anyone noticed that the signatures are that of the OP, and not the individual member who adds a reply?

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Has anyone noticed that the signatures are that of the OP, and not the individual member who adds a reply?

That has been reported a couple of times; deleting FPN-related cookies from your browser should correct the problem.

Mike Hungerford

The color of the link to a reply does not change after I have opened it - cannot tell by looking at the list which ones I have "visited".

This is true in Chrome and Firefox for me.

A tad inconvenient, especially when one is going through a long list of replies.

~ Rainwalker

One thing I miss: I view the threads in outline mode. The reply I am currently viewing was always highlighted in the outline - that is not true in the current setup and I miss it. That was essential in keeping track in where I was in reading the thread. So if that can be restored it would be much appreciated. Tnx

Yes, I miss that very much too! A real problem in my view.

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K XF

Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K XXF

Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

One thing I miss: I view the threads in outline mode. The reply I am currently viewing was always highlighted in the outline - that is not true in the current setup and I miss it. That was essential in keeping track in where I was in reading the thread. So if that can be restored it would be much appreciated. Tnx

I don't see any replies to this particular problem - am I missing something?

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K XF

Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K XXF

Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg