Update on Status

Admin

One change is distracting me - all the topic titles are being put in "proper case". That is, the first letter of each word is capitalized and the following letters of the word are in lower case. This makes for slower reading and misunderstanding.

Examples:

• Waterman Gentleman (burgundy With Gold Trim)
  • Fs_sailor Togi Nib & Others

Please display the topic as written by the poster.

Otherwise a nice job. I like the new layout, it's clean and attractive.

Martin F.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chthulhu

• Sailor Kenshin

• ArchiMark

• penspouse

Sure, but the point -- if I may jump in here -- is that it was nice not to have to right-click. Links used to open in a new tab, automatically. I vote to restore that feature.

Amen.

While I appreciate the thread title clearly visible in each email reply notice, the forum overall is still more difficult for me to use/see.

I never had an 'ignore' list, but now I see that I do? Who put people on ignore? Not I.

Can't change siggy either. 'Private' conversations are still not all that private.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I am not being notified by email when I receive a PM, although that option is set up

I have the opposite problem - I am notified, and privy to, others' PMs that have nothing to do with me.

Yup, same here. That's why I've suspended giving stuff away until it's fixed.

I am not being notified by email when I receive a PM, although that option is set up

Me too, just noticed that I had a PM by clicking on my user name and seeing "Messenger (1) New"....but didn't receive any email about it, even I have box checked...

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Me too, just noticed that I had a PM by clicking on my user name and seeing "Messenger (1) New"....but didn't receive any email about it, even I have box checked...

Yet I received notification of your reply.

My Website

Yet I received notification of your reply.

Yep, and I just got one now for your latest reply...something got fixed.... ;)

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

GV, I took Rena's suggestion and put mine in the "title" slot, so it shows on the board.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

Thank you for all you are doing! Please be encouraged, as this is one of the very BEST networks ever!!! BRAVOS!

A quick update on the FPN Software update.

1. After 8 hours, about 1/4 of the PMs have been ported to the new format. Some are failing to port and we will look at that later. First priority is to get the bulk of the PMs online.

2. After the PM upgrade is complete, we'll start on the updates to the actual posts. There are more than a million of those so that will take some time as well. Luckily it is a simpler fix than the PM port.

3. The skin -- the look and feel -- will be quite a bit more complicated. The software provider has completely switched the system used to create and maintain skins. Since the board is functional with the current skin, this is a low priority issue compared to the PM and post fixes along with tracking down any bugs.

4. As time permits, the emoticons will be restored.

Please do let us know if you find an error or that something is missing.

The FPN Admin Team

pendletonspens.com

~ May the Lord smile on you ~

GV, I took Rena's suggestion and put mine in the "title" slot, so it shows on the board.

Thanks, Gran - it's not what was intended, but a good workaround!

Oh, KEWL blog! I wonder if this one will let me reply....

I like the new layout of the FPN website. I'm not missing the old one at all.

As an added bonus, the 'upgrade' solved my one problem with the old layout. I'm no longer logged out of FPN whenever I switch to another Mac as long as I'm using the same IP address. Kudos to the administrators and web developers of FPN! A couple of days of rooting about and I'm at home with the new site.

I believe someone else mentioned this, but I couldn't find the thread, so forgive me for posting it here:

When I add a reply to the thread on some topic, my signature is replaced with the signature of the previous last poster on that thread.

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib

You're not alone; there is at least one other person having this problem, using Firefox 3.0.? and Windows XP. It seems that the problem is local to him (and now to you) since the rest of us don't see it happen, even to your posts. It would be worth clearing your browser's cache and deleting FPN-related cookies to see if that helps, followed by updating your browser to the latest version if it isn't already there.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

You're not alone; there is at least one other person having this problem, using Firefox 3.0.? and Windows XP. It seems that the problem is local to him (and now to you) since the rest of us don't see it happen, even to your posts. It would be worth clearing your browser's cache and deleting FPN-related cookies to see if that helps, followed by updating your browser to the latest version if it isn't already there.

Many thanks for the suggestion. I deleted all the cookies from my computer and everything looks okay now.

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib

Can't locate my subscribed threads, and my profile page looks a mess. As soon as I can figure out how to do and post a screen cap, I will.

Can't locate my subscribed threads, and my profile page looks a mess. As soon as I can figure out how to do and post a screen cap, I will.

It is in settings under the forums tab.

My Website