Update on Status

Admin

I'm still having a problem with having all the replies print out in their entirety when I bring up a topic, meaning there's no way to skim. I don't know how to keep that from happening, it's a real pain, especially when there are numerous pages of replies....any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you mean that you are not automatically taken to the last reply to a topic?

If that's the case, it sounds like yet another cookie issue. Sallywally, make sure you have cookies enabled in your Web browser, then delete all existing cookies that point to fountainpennetwork.com

Restart your browser, and it should work properly after that.

Chthulhu,

I just did that, and the only difference is that I had to sign in this time to have permission to reply. After I get some more cookies, I won't have to sign in every time.

I was able to leap to the last post by clicking on the last page and scrolling down. But I still have to scroll through every single post on the last page in its entirety to get to the last post on that page.

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K XF

Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K XXF

Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chthulhu

• Sailor Kenshin

• ArchiMark

• penspouse

<snip> But I still have to scroll through every single post on the last page in its entirety to get to the last post on that page.

In order to go to the last topic on the page. Click to the far right of the topic line under Last Post Info where it says Today. TIME AM/PM.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

I just did that, and the only difference is that I had to sign in this time to have permission to reply. After I get some more cookies, I won't have to sign in every time.

I was able to leap to the last post by clicking on the last page and scrolling down. But I still have to scroll through every single post on the last page in its entirety to get to the last post on that page.

I may have misunderstood the problem, so let me back up a bit. If you're looking at a list of topics, as in today's active content, if you click on the title of a topic, you should be taken to the first message in that topic which you have not read, i.e. since your last visit to that topic; it may take visiting every topic of interest to you at least once since the software upgrade for this to work properly, or you can click on the "Mark board as read" link at the bottom of the page BUT that will do exactly what it says: it will mark every single topic in the entire FPN system as having been read by you.

If you click on one of the numbered boxes (assuming there are any) to the right of the topic title, you should be taken to that page of posts in that topic.

If you click on the time at the far right from the topic title, you should be taken to the very last post in that topic, just as Penspouse said.

Does any of that work as described?

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with indexing in a number of threads - particularly reviews is also persistent. Apparently the solution is tied up in version 3.0.4. As we intend to implement this in conjunction with the fix to Conversations (PM's) - see News, there will be a fairly long time before we get to implement it (about a month - see News - PM's for the reason).

We hope that this revision, as well as the reset of the PM's will remove a number of rather serious complaints about the software.

As you may understand, there's a little apprehension about 'upgrading' to the revised version, but we remain optimistic...

We trust you understand the frustration we experience as a result of the previous upgrade and we hope that you know we sympathize with you. We have spent a lot of time trying to cope with it too.

Anyway, we forge on, in the hopes of a better board. For all of us.

Warm Regards,

Gerry

The problem with indexing in a number of threads - particularly reviews is also persistent. Apparently the solution is tied up in version 3.0.4. As we intend to implement this in conjunction with the fix to Conversations (PM's) - see News, there will be a fairly long time before we get to implement it (about a month - see News - PM's for the reason).

We hope that this revision, as well as the reset of the PM's will remove a number of rather serious complaints about the software.

As you may understand, there's a little apprehension about 'upgrading' to the revised version, but we remain optimistic...

We trust you understand the frustration we experience as a result of the previous upgrade and we hope that you know we sympathize with you. We have spent a lot of time trying to cope with it too.

Warm Regards,

Gerry

Thanks for all of the hard work all of you put into the site, Gerry.

David

Warm Regards,

Gerry

Rule one of life: It always takes longer.

Thanks to you and the rest of admin for all your efforts.

Carry on!

Edited by Possum Hill

Warm Regards,

Gerry

Thanks for the news.

Will this even newer upgrade fix the problems of the odd-looking profile pages, and the fact that you can't delete just one comment from 'personal conversations,' but must delete the entire conversation? That's a real drawback.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Warm Regards,

Gerry

Thanks for the news.

Will this even newer upgrade fix the problems of the odd-looking profile pages, and the fact that you can't delete just one comment from 'personal conversations,' but must delete the entire conversation? That's a real drawback.

OK Sailor, you're going to make me abandon tact and diplomacy entirely I guess....

Some of us have reverted to placing 'upgrade' in quotes, expressing the rather poor performance of IPB in this upgrade. It's apparent that they didn't appreciate the functionality that was going to be lost, and simply marched onward blindly...

I hope that they do fix the problems that they created, but I reamain somewhat doubtful considering the magnitude of the functionality that they lost without apology.

I actually wonder whether they actively use their boards themselves and understand what they have forgotten to include...

Regards,

Gerry

Warm Regards,

Gerry

Thanks for the news.

OK Sailor, you're going to make me abandon tact and diplomacy entirely I guess....

Some of us have reverted to placing 'upgrade' in quotes, expressing the rather poor performance of IPB in this upgrade. It's apparent that they didn't appreciate the functionality that was going to be lost, and simply marched onward blindly...

I hope that they do fix the problems that they created, but I reamain somewhat doubtful considering the magnitude of the functionality that they lost without apology.

I actually wonder whether they actively use their boards themselves and understand what they have forgotten to include...

Regards,

Gerry

I do miss the ease of the older software. T__T

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Yeah, but given time, you can get used to what you get. The only thing that's bugged me is the photo attachments business.

But still, I'm sure we'll get there in the end and we applaud Gerry and all the others working so hard behind the scenes to make the best of what we've got.

Edited by Aysedasi

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Regards,

Gerry

Who is this 'they' that is mentioned?

~ Rainwalker

Regards,

Gerry

I understood that to be the software developers at IPB.

Regards,

Gerry

I understood that to be the software developers at IPB.

Yes, that's who I meant.

For those who are interested - here's the exchange between them and us...

Personal Conversations Question

After upgrading from 2.x to 3.0.3 there does not seem to be a way for the users to archive/download their personal conversations any more.

Is this not a feature of 3.x?

If it is not, it should be.

Best Regards

FPN Admin Team

And their enlightening response...

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions. We are always interested to hear user's feedback.

The option to archive download PMs has been removed in IPB 3 since we introduced the personal conversation system.

You may want to post your feedback on our company forums, which will allow our developers and other customers to see and comment on your ideas: http://community.invisionpower.com

You can log in there with the same username and password you use to log into the client area.

Please let us know if there's anything else you need.

Thank you,

Invision Power Services

Of course, the forum approach (ie posting in the user forum) may result in a future fix, but one can only guess when that might be.

So, given that they didn't appear to anticipate the problem, or provide a fix, I trust all members understand our limitations in addressing the problem.

Regards,

Gerry

Sorry, if this has been mentioned before, but I just tried changing my avatar photo and it won't let me do that. Keeps complaining about image size must be 100KB maximum, but the image I'm trying to upload is only 70KB....

Weird thing is that I was able to change my profile photo with the same photo that I'm trying to use as avatar....

Any suggestions????

Thanks!

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Sorry, if this has been mentioned before, but I just tried changing my avatar photo and it won't let me do that. Keeps complaining about image size must be 100KB maximum, but the image I'm trying to upload is only 70KB....

Weird thing is that I was able to change my profile photo with the same photo that I'm trying to use as avatar....

Any suggestions????

Thanks!

I'm seeing some Dutch master, possibly Rembrandt, in both your profile photo and avatar...

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

Any suggestions????

Thanks!

I'm seeing some Dutch master, possibly Rembrandt, in both your profile photo and avatar...

Hmmm.....let's see what shows up in this post....

OK, posted, looked at it, and I still see my old avatar!.....not the new one in my profile photo....

Thanks.

Edited by ArchiMark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy