Update on Status

Admin

A quick update on the FPN Software update.

1. After 8 hours, about 1/4 of the PMs have been ported to the new format. Some are failing to port and we will look at that later. First priority is to get the bulk of the PMs online.

2. After the PM upgrade is complete, we'll start on the updates to the actual posts. There are more than a million of those so that will take some time as well. Luckily it is a simpler fix than the PM port.

3. The skin -- the look and feel -- will be quite a bit more complicated. The software provider has completely switched the system used to create and maintain skins. Since the board is functional with the current skin, this is a low priority issue compared to the PM and post fixes along with tracking down any bugs.

4. As time permits, the emoticons will be restored.

Please do let us know if you find an error or that something is missing.

The FPN Admin Team

I cleared out my cookies and now see no avatars, no signatures, nothing. I was actually hoping this would enable my signature to showup again, which it hadn't been doing in the last day or so....or maybe help there be highlighting of the last reply I pulled up in a topic.

Very confusing. Aren't we supposed to clear cookies every so often?

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K XF

Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K XXF

Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chthulhu

• Sailor Kenshin

• ArchiMark

• penspouse

1. After 8 hours, about 1/4 of the PMs have been ported to the new format. Some are failing to port and we will look at that later. First priority is to get the bulk of the PMs online.

2. After the PM upgrade is complete, we'll start on the updates to the actual posts. There are more than a million of those so that will take some time as well. Luckily it is a simpler fix than the PM port.

3. The skin -- the look and feel -- will be quite a bit more complicated. The software provider has completely switched the system used to create and maintain skins. Since the board is functional with the current skin, this is a low priority issue compared to the PM and post fixes along with tracking down any bugs.

The FPN Admin Team

I cleared out my cookies and now see no avatars, no signatures, nothing. I was actually hoping this would enable my signature to showup again, which it hadn't been doing in the last day or so....or maybe help there be highlighting of the last reply I pulled up in a topic.

Very confusing. Aren't we supposed to clear cookies every so often?

Oh goodie! There they are!

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

Has anyone noticed that the signatures are that of the OP, and not the individual member who adds a reply?

That has been reported a couple of times; deleting FPN-related cookies from your browser should correct the problem.

Thanks, Chthulhu!

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

The FPN Admin Team

In the past couple of days I'm not able to see the lists of posts - I just have to run down through each full post to get to the bottom of the first page, then I have some idea how many pages there are. But no scanning the listings of posts to see which ones I might want to review. This has occurred for about two days.

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Bexley Dragon XXF

Sorry, if this has already been addressed, but something odd just happened in my messages section. I've had a short back and forth message situation going on today. However, when I opened the latest reply, it won't allow me to reply again, the button is grayed out and not working now.

Also, what does the red 'X' mean in the left side of my message conversations list page?

Can that be fixed?

Thanks,

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Sorry, if this has already been addressed, but something odd just happened in my messages section. I've had a short back and forth message situation going on today. However, when I opened the latest reply, it won't allow me to reply again, the button is grayed out and not working now.

I've had that problem too and reported it earlier in this thread. I haven't heard about it from anyone else until you mentioned it now.

Also, what does the red 'X' mean in the left side of my message conversations list page?

Can that be fixed?

My guess is that's a direct indicator of which messages to which you're not allowed to reply. It is for me and mine.

Anyone else experiencing this or know why it's happening?

I just went and looked at mine and I see that there are some messages to which I should be able to reply but to which I cannot at the moment. My guess is that there is still back-end work going on and that this is a temporary phenomenon.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Can that be fixed?

Thanks,

Mark

That red X means that the other party in the "conversation" has deleted the thing at the other end. You can read it or delete it from your end, but that's all. :-/

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

AS in any new venture or new business you are bound to hit a few snags/ snafu's

By the by , this Network is to be commended for all their hard work

I am still learning my way around, but I do like the new system.

Keep up the good work.

Regards to all

Tom Heath

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you . Hug your loved ones today

Can that be fixed?

Thanks,

Mark

That red X means that the other party in the "conversation" has deleted the thing at the other end. You can read it or delete it from your end, but that's all. :-/

Are you really sure that it's the other party, given my conversation, I don't see why the other party would have done that in this case....seems more like a bug to me...

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

I discovered a rather annoying issue with the "edit" function. Besides the issue of the absence of a "full editor," the HTML drop down menu does not work when editing a post. If you don't enable HTML in the original post you are just **** out of luck.

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Are you really sure that it's the other party, given my conversation, I don't see why the other party would have done that in this case....seems more like a bug to me...

Reasonably sure, yes; I haven't deleted any conversations since the change, yet the red X appears from time to time. When I hover my mouse pointer over one, the Alt text indicates that the message was deleted, so it pretty much has to be the person at the other end who deleted it.

But yes: It could be a bug.

Mike Hungerford

I've been good, I read through the whole thread before making this comment.

I am one of those members who regularly browses the FPN by using 'View New Comment'.

In the previous incarnation of the FPN, you could change the length of time that the system regarded was 'New Content'. There was a link on the bottom right hand of the window that you could set to 24 Hours or longer. This was useful if you were looking for a recent post but couldn't remember what forum it was in.

This facility has disappeared. As well, the new system seems to be particularly aggressive in clearing out 'New Posts'.

Just my tuppence-worth...

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Not quite the same, but if you look toward the bottom of the site's front page, just above the list of active users, you'll see a link titled "Today's active content." Clicking that will give you the last 24 hours worth by default. At the bottom left of *that* page is a selector for several options up to the last year. Someone else pointed this out to me a few days ago.

Mike Hungerford

Thank you. That is what I was looking for. It had just moved pages...

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I'm still having a problem with having all the replies print out in their entirety when I bring up a topic, meaning there's no way to skim. I don't know how to keep that from happening, it's a real pain, especially when there are numerous pages of replies....any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Bexley Dragon XXF

I'm still having a problem with having all the replies print out in their entirety when I bring up a topic, meaning there's no way to skim. I don't know how to keep that from happening, it's a real pain, especially when there are numerous pages of replies....any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you mean that you are not automatically taken to the last reply to a topic?

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Do you mean that you are not automatically taken to the last reply to a topic?

If that's the case, it sounds like yet another cookie issue. Sallywally, make sure you have cookies enabled in your Web browser, then delete all existing cookies that point to fountainpennetwork.com

Restart your browser, and it should work properly after that.

Mike Hungerford