Update on Status

Admin

Can't seem to create new photo or add a photo attachment. Won't download.

Otherwise, like the new look. Taking a while to get used to, but gradually finding most of the bits.

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chthulhu

• Sailor Kenshin

• ArchiMark

• penspouse

I'm seeing other people's PMs that I really don't need to see!

Like Ron, I'm seeing other people's PMs. This happens when I open a PM I just sent...Above it in the window will be a PM to or from someone else! Makes me wonder if the PM I just sent, for example, to the Admin Team re: the missing FLD forum will go to someone else instead.

Ann

This has happened to me as well.

David

I'm experiencing the same thing.

Julie

I just had this happen, as well.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

Mine are continuing to come back at this moment. I'm only getting my own, but I think I may be getting some of my deleted ones as well. It seems I need to do some housekeeping anyway. ;)

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Just a thanks for all the hard work. I'm sure we've all got (or should have) plenty enough patience to see us through until everything is sorted out. Well done! :)

Hey Ayesi, since you've got extra, could you email me a couple Nalgene bottles of patience please.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Obviously, people are working hard on the FPN site as we speak!

I'm experiencing the "bleed-through" on PMs too, but I'm sure this will be worked out eventually. (It's nice to have my messages back.) B)

Regards to all, and have a nice Sunday!

<span style='color: #4B0082'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger." Nietschze</span>

I hate to be dense, but I can't even find the personal message folder anymore. Where is the link to it?

At the top-right corner of the screen is a drop-down menu with your screen name on it. Click on it and you'll have a link to the messenger.

David

Thanks David!

yea, i too see other peoples pms

Yep, me too. I'm betting everyone is.

Another note on the PM front that other people haven't mentioned: I used to have my PMs organized in about 5 folders. My folders are gone.

I am betting I probably won't get the folders back, but I'm glad to see the PMs coming back. Too bad they're not private, but... I don't think I said anything too private there.

This is a good lesson that things are not as secure as you might think they are... This is a good reminder to keep any really personal info out of PMs here and elsewhere.

GreenVelvet said:... I am betting I probably won't get the folders back, but I'm glad to see the PMs coming back. Too bad they're not private, but... I don't think I said anything too private there.

This is a good lesson that things are not as secure as you might think they are... This is a good reminder to keep any really personal info out of PMs here and elsewhere.

It was a reminder of that, for me, too.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

I like the format Thanks for all your efforts Admins!!!

Parker

51 set

21 set

21 Desk sets

Sheaffer

Preludes F M BP

Imperials

Snorkel Sentinel Admiral Statesman

Craftsmen

No-Nonsense M Italic

Reform 1745

Waterman Phileas F M

Might like a 149 someday!!

A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office

So far I've only seen one message in a "Conversation" that didn't belong there, and it was three years old. It's probably just stray files being mistranslated from the old system to the new system.

I also seem to have all my messages back, though no longer in their original folders. :-)

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

I am one who likes the new look. I have not had any problems

with seeing someone else's pm's.

Change is necessary and I like the change!

I'm seeing other people's PMs that I really don't need to see!

Like Ron, I'm seeing other people's PMs. This happens when I open a PM I just sent...Above it in the window will be a PM to or from someone else! Makes me wonder if the PM I just sent, for example, to the Admin Team re: the missing FLD forum will go to someone else instead.

Ann

This has happened to me as well.

David

I'm seeing something like this too but only from pm's which have been sent since the update. All of my old pm's that I wanted to hang onto have vanished. I hope that they can and will soon be restored as there was a lot of valuable information in there that I wanted to keep.

She who laughs, lasts 61106869_10219479460406206_6753598647167

I'm seeing something like this too but only from pm's which have been sent since the update. All of my old pm's that I wanted to hang onto have vanished. I hope that they can and will soon be restored as there was a lot of valuable information in there that I wanted to keep.

The old PMs are being restored, slowly but surely. I have most of mine back now. But I think this should be a reminder to all of us not to rely on a PM system we neither own nor control for storing valuable information. Best,

David

Edited by cellulophile

Something else that seems to have changed, or else my memory is faulty (not impossible!): clicking on an external link in a post used to open the link in a new window (or tab), and now it just opens in the current window.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive