FPN Software Upgrade

Admin

What's the latest on the photo uploading issue?

It still fails to work for me and I am not too competent at things like photobucket or flickr, anyway I would need to open an account...

Iechyd da pob Cymro

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• Chthulhu

• penspouse

• Gran

It still fails to work for me and I am not too competent at things like photobucket or flickr, anyway I would need to open an account...

So far, I notice :

1) I cannot see pics that I myself have posted earlier , unless I sign into the Forum. Anyone else experience this ?

2) I can't post more than 5 pics on one post (using img codes from Photobucket). Anyone experience this also ?

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

So far, I notice :

1) I cannot see pics that I myself have posted earlier , unless I sign into the Forum. Anyone else experience this ?

2) I can't post more than 5 pics on one post (using img codes from Photobucket). Anyone experience this also ?

1) I thought that was always the case that you needed to be signed in to see everything.

2) This is new.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

I'm using Firefox. Maybe if you could post a capture of that part of the screen someone would have a work-around and it would give admin a good idea of the problem.

Of course you may have to post the screen cap on a photo hosting site if the FPN upload feature isn't working yet.

How do you do a screen cap? O_o

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I'm using Firefox. Maybe if you could post a capture of that part of the screen someone would have a work-around and it would give admin a good idea of the problem.

Of course you may have to post the screen cap on a photo hosting site if the FPN upload feature isn't working yet.

On a Mac it is Command + shift + 4. I don't know about PCs

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

On a Mac it is Command + shift + 4. I don't know about PCs

On a PC, I suggest installing a free screen print or screen capture utility. I use ScreenPrint32, but I don't know if that's still available.

Also, IIRC you can just hit the Print Screen button, then paste what's in the Clipboard into your favorite image editing program and crop to the relevant area.

Does the new s/w have a lo-fi mode like the last version? Lo-fi was perfect for reading on my phone.

At the very bottom of the page over on the left is a box where it says "IP Board" and has a drop-down menu. The Lo-Fi setting is in there, hope that helps!

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

At the very bottom of the page over on the left is a box where it says "IP Board" and has a drop-down menu. The Lo-Fi setting is in there, hope that helps!

Thx!

JN

If you are using a Windows PC, press the Ctrl + Print Screen keys to capture the entire desktop. To capture a particular window, select that window and press Shift + Print Screen keys. The captured image can then be pasted into Paint or whatever image editing software you use.

Well, I'm really late to this party! Off FPN for about a month and when I log on, voila, a brand new look. I came right here to read through stuff before playing around on the site, but the advantage of being away is that perhaps all the glitches have been worked out. The only certain thing in life is change, so I'll get used to it. Kinda like the colors. Haven't played with the features yet. Thanks, Admins!

Kudzu

"I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

Happy Pan Pacific Pen Club Member!

So far, I notice :

1) I thought that was always the case that you needed to be signed in to see everything.

2) This is new.

Hmmm, shouldn't be, ... say for example you are a guest, you shld be able to read and see the posts, including any pics posted ...

Secondly, anyone else experience this '5 pic only' limitation ?

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

I REALLY like how the new software sends the text of a PM in the email notification. It allows me to easily archive (and search) PMs off site. :D

I agree!

I also like it that nested quotes display in different colors. Nice touch.

Edited by Viseguy

Viseguy

That may be convenient, but I still prefer the old PM function. I can't even delete individual messages here without deleting the entire 'conversation' with anyone, and I am not certain the 'private' conversations are indeed private.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Well, I've lived with the new look for almost two weeks now. While it has some nice features, overall I have to give it a vigorous thumbs down. I don't know if it's the font, the layout, or what, but somehow I find it a strain to make sense of what's on the screen. Things used to be nicely delineated; now they all swim together. Reading this board has become a heavy slog, sad to say.

Please, PLEASE, bring back the old skin as soon as possible! Or at least the option to go back to it. Because this new design is making me jump out of my skin.

Viseguy

I must say I´m with Viseguy. I MUCH preferred the old version, it was much less busy and more legible... I would rather have the old version back. If the skins would be changeable I would be so happy!

Who moved my cheese!!??!! :D

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

In my personal settings, I have "location" twice. Most likely one from the old version of the software and one from the new. When reading topics, it seems like very few are displaying their location. Can the old location info be copied by running some database command or migration script, or must the users update their physical location themselves?

I'd also like some kind of a "filling out the profile" FAQ, that lines out which parts of the info are legacy stuff and which are actively being used.

In my personal settings, I have "location" twice. Most likely one from the old version of the software and one from the new. When reading topics, it seems like very few are displaying their location. Can the old location info be copied by running some database command or migration script, or must the users update their physical location themselves?

I'd also like some kind of a "filling out the profile" FAQ, that lines out which parts of the info are legacy stuff and which are actively being used.

Zaphod, those of us whose locations are currently shown have put our locations in the "Member Title" field of our profiles.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

I do not like the new board skin. It has too much empty (white) space. Before the upgrade I could read a lot more without scrolling. This skin is scroll heavy.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." - Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President