FPN Software Upgrade

Admin

I love it that when you get an email saying you have a new PM it actually displays the message in the email!!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This more than makes up for anything bad I said about the switch.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• Chthulhu

• penspouse

• Gran

Is it possible to change the setting so that when I open a thread I go to the first post and not to the first unread post? I can't find it. Thanks.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember, amateurs built the ark.

Professionals built the Titanic.

When I first logged in after being out of town, I saw the "in-between" format and was wondering why so many people found such a scarse format hot...I have no idea what I did, but fooling around with the settings or God knows what, I encountered the new format and I have to say that I like it for it is more user-friendly. Thanks!

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

Whoa! What's this? It's like when my IT department switched up to Office 2007 over the weekend - now I can't find dad-blamed thing! Is this on...?

Er, why do you blame this on your Dad?!?

Cheers,

Effrafax.

"It is a well known and much lamented fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it"

Douglas Adams ("The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - The Original Radio Scripts").

Changes in price will just result in a new topic being created instead of editing the existing one. Can this be changed so that the originator of a topic can edit the title or heading on the initial post? Suppose he changes his mine or the heading is too inflammatory and he wishes to delete it or edit it. Now one can't do that. How will this be resolved?

Think before posting (always a good idea) and bear in mind which information you can subsequently edit. If you get stuck, ask a mod to help.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

The software upgrade is complete. The "look" everyone is familiar with was incompatible with the new software. We are working to translate it to the new software. Until then, please be patient.

The FPN Admin Team

I like the new look myself. :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

The software upgrade is complete. The "look" everyone is familiar with was incompatible with the new software. We are working to translate it to the new software. Until then, please be patient.

The FPN Admin Team

The 'Assistant' or my assistant functionality is not showing at the moment, is this something that has yet to be enabled in the new software?

Only joined, dont know what it was like, but the appearance is great.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

The FPN Admin Team

The 'Assistant' or my assistant functionality is not showing at the moment, is this something that has yet to be enabled in the new software?

Click on the white downward-pointing triangle at the top right corner of the page.

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

I like the new looks and the software seems to work ok, except for posting pictures. That doesn't work for me any more. May be I am doing something wrong, may be there is a problem.

Has there been a solution yet or has anybody hints ?

Filling a fountain pen is much more fun than changing a printer cartridge

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I like the new looks and the software seems to work ok, except for posting pictures. That doesn't work for me any more. May be I am doing something wrong, may be there is a problem.

Has there been a solution yet or has anybody hints ?

The Attachments system still isn't working correctly; it seems to get hung up once the upload completes. You can still Insert images hosted on other sites such as Flickr by using the Insert Image button, though.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

I see, this explains and provides a work around. Thanks a lot.

Filling a fountain pen is much more fun than changing a printer cartridge

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Sorry, I don't like the look.

Me also.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

Verry Interesting.

Go away for a week, and the world changes..

Well, I can't say i love the new look, but it is certainly better since I didn't really like it before..

Definetally an improvement in look, we shall see about function.

I've been on the back end of these forum swaps before, so,

Good luck to you all in Admin!

G.

Edited by AlaskanWriter

Gary Blessing

Just another Traditional Country Boy

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.png

Just a nudge to say that the PM issue still isn't completely corrected -- I've still got at least one PM in My Messages that wasn't either to or from me; I haven't read it, but I'm reluctant to just delete it before I know it isn't going to get to the proper recipient when the PMs are finally completely fixed (it's pretty recent, dated Sept. 13, after the software upgrade).

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

When I tried editing my siggy (to shorten it, actually) it said the edited version was too long, and went back to the original, longer version.

O___o

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I"m still trying to figure out what the "Calendar" feature is going to do...

I'm hoping for a pen show/club meeting calendar!

Much Love--Virginia

The FPN Admin Team

Been getting flooded with emails ever since the upgrade took place though.