FPN Software Upgrade

Admin

I can't seem to get my picture attachments to work. Is anybody else having this problem?

I tried to attach a pic about the same time as the quoted post -- it didn't work. Not a serious problem for me.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• Chthulhu

• penspouse

• Gran

Ahh now it is working, I went into the settings and changed the View New Content Method to Show me all content that I have not read.

Then I clicked on the Mark Board As Read link on the main page. I still don't see the red boxes in the View New Content, but clicking on the topics now takes me to the next unread message.

Now I am totally happy with the upgrade :rolleyes:

Yes! I am not the only one. Like the new look, but not being able to go to the first unread post in a thread is a huge thing for me.

Unless I am doing it wrong.

For me, after I have looked at a post once (after the new setup), the following time I click on the title, it does go to the first post that has been unread by me. This is after I have clicked on "View New Content".

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

Strange, I don't see any little red box...

This is the one that I get...

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/FPNPostLink.jpg

Using Firefox I only see this little red box when viewing posts in the forum itself. It does not appear when you select "View New Content". When viewing the latter clicking on the thread title takes you to the oldest unread post if you have set this option in the settings.

Mark

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try" Mark Twain (American Humourist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)

Strange, I don't see any little red box...

This is the one that I get...

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/FPNPostLink.jpg

Using Firefox I only see this little red box when viewing posts in the forum itself. It does not appear when you select "View New Content". When viewing the latter clicking on the thread title takes you to the oldest unread post if you have set this option in the settings.

Mark

Same here. Also as an addendum to my last post, I find that when I click on any post after logging out it goes to the last post since I logged out, not the last post read. I logged out last night and logged in this morning. Clicked on a thread I had never read (thread was started weeks ago). It sent me to the first post made since I logged out. :huh:

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

Interesting choice of software. Is IPBoard free? Maybe I missed the discussion about IPBoard vs Vbulletin.. or maybe we just weren't privvy to it. I'm only curious. :) I'm a big fan if VBulletin and its security. It's one of the best out there, so am curious why the switch.

That said, I like the new theme.... having nested quotes be different colors helps with reading clarity, and the darker colors here and there helps my eyes. More contrast is good for me. If you guys eventually do get something resembling the old theme back, I hope you leave this default one as a choice for members because I like it. :)

Transferring a userbase and db of posts for a site this size couldn't have been easy, so kudos to all involved. I've done similar, but for much smaller userbases... and even that wasn't too fun. :)

Well, I was upset about losing/not seeing my saved PM's, etc..

But, I see that I did get most of them back!

Anyway, I do have good news!

(No, I did save on my car insurance!! :lol: )

I was never able to start a new topic/discussion from my home computer with the old package. I was only able to reply to opened topics. This was a problem that went on the whole two years I've been here. Gerry (Admin) tried his best to figure it out, but the problem seemed to be a security issue on my end.

I do not have that problem anymore! Well, the library, and the internet cafe will certainly miss me now!

Frank

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

Well, sometime overnight, the feature near the bottom the homepage that listed members who were celebrating a birthday has disappeared. I hope that returns. It's always the first place I check each day when I log on.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

I do not like the fact that there are no longer separate boxes for sent and received or in and out for my PM's, or as they are now called "conversations". I will likely no longer be using the PM or conversation system in carrying out commerce on the FPN market place if I can avoid doing so. The only problem is that most prospective buyers will send you a PM rather than email you because it is so much easier and less hassle for them to do so.

I got taken to task awhile back by one prospective buyer who was rather annoyed that I had requested buyers please use email rather than the pm system because of the hassle it seemed to create for him. Needless to say, we didn't conclude a deal anyway. Back then the email notification of new pm's feature wasn't working and it has only worked sporadically since. I am hopeful it will work better with the software upgrade. So like Greg McKinney suggests, use email instead. Email is a more permanent and controllable form of communication, especially if you want to archive the communique.

The lack of the assistant feature to view my last ten posts was very helpful in quickly locating and editing sales or other post rather than having to scroll through several pages on the FPN market place. I will miss that helpful feature.

I have to agree. I will not use the 'personal conversation' feature until it's no longer public.

I am also being told that there are people on my Ignore list, and I can't see their posts.

I NEVER had an Ignore list. How did that happen?

And I still can not for the life of me see the lettering on the black boxes. I would beg that the color scheme for those be switched to dark text on a lighter ground.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I like the new look quite a bit. To me, it seems more polished. One feature I can't find is the Assistant. I found the ability to check on my last ten posts to be very useful. One unexpected bonus from the change is that there is an optimized view for iPhones (I don't know about other mobile devices) that is considerably easier to use. That is a real plus. Do we get more storage with this upgrade?

To check on your recent posts, click on your username in the upper right-hand corner and select My Profile from the pulldown list. Click on My Posts on the left hand side your Profile page and a date-ordered list of your posts will appear, a log more than 10.

Hey admins, this new and improved interface rocks! It is very clean and very well laid out and easy to use. Thank you very much for all your hard work. :)

I don't remember where I asked about some minor thing, but it's been fixed, so thank you, FPN!

Having worked in IT, I understand software upgrades on networks (I mean, I understand the process, if not the actual details anymore, it's been a while, years), and you (FPN behind FPN) did an amazing job. Thank you!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I often search on google for things on FPN, especially searches with three-letter words. This might help alleviate the search delay time.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

I do not like the fact that I can not go back and edit the heading of a topic I started, even with the full editor selected. I can only edit the body. Makes it a pain to change a for sales post for example to indicate something has been sold or the price has been lowered. So now a major change in any topic such as pens I have for sale will only be seen if one chooses to view the entire post. If I can't mark them sold on the heading, people will have to go sifting through the thread just o see the status. I hate wasting my time and theirs .

Changes in price will just result in a new topic being created instead of editing the existing one. Can this be changed so that the originator of a topic can edit the title or heading on the initial post? Suppose he changes his mine or the heading is too inflammatory and he wishes to delete it or edit it. Now one can't do that. How will this be resolved?

Edited by cakibler

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Whoa! What's this? It's like when my IT department switched up to Office 2007 over the weekend - now I can't find dad-blamed thing! Is this on...?

The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.

~ Bernard Shaw.

Whats the new limit on posting images via an image hosting site? (not attachment files)

The old software allowed a max of 20 pics, from my experience.

I could only manage 5 pics with the new :(

Am I doing something wrong?

rgds

TMLee

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram