• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• Chthulhu

• penspouse

• Gran

I like the new look quite a bit. To me, it seems more polished. One feature I can't find is the Assistant. I found the ability to check on my last ten posts to be very useful. One unexpected bonus from the change is that there is an optimized view for iPhones (I don't know about other mobile devices) that is considerably easier to use. That is a real plus. Do we get more storage with this upgrade?

The software upgrade is complete. The "look" everyone is familiar with was incompatible with the new software. We are working to translate it to the new software. Until then, please be patient.

The FPN Admin Team

I definitely like it, really much easier to read, especially the For Sale section

Cheers and keep up with the good work

Alex

I am beginning to love the new look to FPN! There are some new features that I have found that are wonderful - or perhaps I just never found them in the old FPN! I like the different colors that replies to post come up as. Well done team FPN - and many thanks for your hard work to make the best site on the web even better!

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.musingcrowdesigns.com'>Musing Crow Designs

It looks great, but if it has RSS feeds, I wish someone would turn them on! Even the FPN for sale feed that someone created with pipes (thank you!) isn't working any longer.

I keep seeing an RSS icon pop up and disappear again to the right of "View New Content" at the top of the page: feed.png

Edited by Chthulhu

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

It looks great, but if it has RSS feeds, I wish someone would turn them on! Even the FPN for sale feed that someone created with pipes (thank you!) isn't working any longer.

I keep seeing an RSS icon pop up and disappear again to the right of "View New Content" at the top of the page: feed.png

+1ditto flickers on then disaappears.. not a feature I used before.

+1ditto flickers on then disaappears.. not a feature I used before.

A look at the source code shows that it *should* be clickable, but something's preventing it from displaying; either the admins haven't enabled the RSS feed system yet, or there's something wrong in the code or a style sheet or something.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

Grrrr! Didn't mean to quote everything. I guess the new software from IP Board is going to take a little getting used to.

Guess it has better security than PhpBB though.

Edited by Art R

I remembered there was going to be an upgrade, but I didn't realize it would be so dramatic. I like the new look. Posts with quotes from before the upgrade don't seem to be displaying correctly yet, but I like the way they are displayed in the post-upgrade posts -- it is much easier to see who said what (for me, at least). Thanks to the admins and moderators for all of your hard work!

I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

I do not like the fact that there are no longer separate boxes for sent and received or in and out for my PM's, or as they are now called "conversations". I will likely no longer be using the PM or conversation system in carrying out commerce on the FPN market place if I can avoid doing so. The only problem is that most prospective buyers will send you a PM rather than email you because it is so much easier and less hassle for them to do so.

I got taken to task awhile back by one prospective buyer who was rather annoyed that I had requested buyers please use email rather than the pm system because of the hassle it seemed to create for him. Needless to say, we didn't conclude a deal anyway. Back then the email notification of new pm's feature wasn't working and it has only worked sporadically since. I am hopeful it will work better with the software upgrade. So like Greg McKinney suggests, use email instead. Email is a more permanent and controllable form of communication, especially if you want to archive the communique.

The lack of the assistant feature to view my last ten posts was very helpful in quickly locating and editing sales or other post rather than having to scroll through several pages on the FPN market place. I will miss that helpful feature.

Edited by cakibler

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

The lack of the assistant feature to view my last ten posts was very helpful in quickly locating and editing sales or other post rather than having to scroll through several pages on the FPN market place. I will miss that helpful feature.

You can still track your last few posts and/or topics from within your profile, if that helps.

David

Any body able to change their avatars or photos? After selecting an image from my computer, I clicked and then there's... a blank page!!??!

I kinda miss the link that took you to the first unread post in each topic (and I'm hoping it comes back someday), but otherwise I'm loving the upgrade!

Yes! I am not the only one. Like the new look, but not being able to go to the first unread post in a thread is a huge thing for me.

Unless I am doing it wrong.

I can't seem to get my picture attachments to work. Is anybody else having this problem?

Yes, I am also having this problem. I don't understand why some do not and others do?

Ron

Favorite Pens: Parker "51"Lamy 2000; Bexley America the Beautiful; Pilot Custom 823, 912 and 74; Sheaffer Early Touchdown; Parker Vacumatic; Sheaffer Legacy

I kinda miss the link that took you to the first unread post in each topic (and I'm hoping it comes back someday), but otherwise I'm loving the upgrade!

Yes! I am not the only one. Like the new look, but not being able to go to the first unread post in a thread is a huge thing for me.

Click on the little red box with an arrow in it next to the thread title, that will take you to the first unread post.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

Click on the little red box with an arrow in it next to the thread title, that will take you to the first unread post.

Strange, I don't see any little red box...

Took a screenshot, but cannot work out how to insert it yet...

Strange, I don't see any little red box...

This is the one that I get...

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/FPNPostLink.jpg

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

I'm finding that clicking on the thread title itself (anywhere on the underlined text) will also take me to the first unread post in a thread.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.