FPN Software Upgrade

Admin

In my personal settings, I have "location" twice. Most likely one from the old version of the software and one from the new. When reading topics, it seems like very few are displaying their location. Can the old location info be copied by running some database command or migration script, or must the users update their physical location themselves?

I'd also like some kind of a "filling out the profile" FAQ, that lines out which parts of the info are legacy stuff and which are actively being used.

Zaphod, those of us whose locations are currently shown have put our locations in the "Member Title" field of our profiles.

Actually, what I think he's pointing to is duplication of Gender, Location, and Interests fields in the "Change Profile Information" page. I don't know that this is a big problem, since those aren't currently displayed, but it indicates something not quite right with the data that generates that page.

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• Chthulhu

• penspouse

• Gran

Actually, what I think he's pointing to is duplication of Gender, Location, and Interests fields in the "Change Profile Information" page. I don't know that this is a big problem, since those aren't currently displayed, but it indicates something not quite right with the data that generates that page.

No argument, but I was adressing this bit:

When reading topics, it seems like very few are displaying their location.

:-)

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

i dont like this new skin. It isnt at all user friendly, one doesnt have such a good and clear overview of the site as with the old skin. When will the old skin be available again?? I also rather the pm system of the old skin. The colours are also too strong on this new skin. The old colours were more muted and easier to look at.

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

I must add my opinion that the former screen format or 'skin' was much more preferable to the current one. I know that developers are probably sure that there are a great many advantages to the new format, and probably great advancements in functionality that we the users have not yet learned to use and appreciate fully. But on the other hand one might have wondered if there was an out cry to have the old revamped so thoroughly? :unsure: (I see that adding these mood/emotion faces is not as easy as it used to be.)

Yes, I have to add my plea for a return to the old and familiar. I wonder if the Administration Team were to conduct a poll of the members what would be the consensus of opinions. New members will now have only the experienced of the new format, older members probably have seen several formats and may have also resisted the 'new to them' formats while lamenting the lost former formats. It is true that you can't please every one, and while it is probably wise to seek to please as many as possible it may also be necessary to drag a lot kicking and screaming into doing things a better way, and then they'll be pleased they made the transition?

Lou

Well, I've lived with the new look for almost two weeks now. While it has some nice features, overall I have to give it a vigorous thumbs down. I don't know if it's the font, the layout, or what, but somehow I find it a strain to make sense of what's on the screen. Things used to be nicely delineated; now they all swim together. Reading this board has become a heavy slog, sad to say.

Please, PLEASE, bring back the old skin as soon as possible! Or at least the option to go back to it. Because this new design is making me jump out of my skin.

You ain't the only one.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

For whatever it's worth. I like h enew look. So, please don't be in a hurry to "fix" it.

+1 on the new appearance!

“All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” ― Calvin Coolidge

I agree wholeheartedly! I regret not being able to see the location of the Member.

~ Rainwalker

• 1 month later...

Any word on when we might get the attachment feature working again? I would like to post a pen review and I do not like hosting pictures for reviews externally.

Thanks,

Neil.

P.S. Great job so far guys. All the effort is really appreciated.