• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• Chthulhu

• penspouse

• Gran

Well this is different. But you know what? I like it. Bummer the PMs are gone, but I am sure they will be restored. At least I hope they will be.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

My turn - where's the 'outline' view option gone?

And why is there no 'tree' at the bottom of the page (the bit that tells you where in the FPN you are and allows you to click back without going to the top of the page (bit like " FPN - Miscellaneous - Chatter) and when are we going to have a nice day and why's my tea cold.....

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch" Orson Welles

I like! And like Eilu I like "new design smell." And the cutover was/is clean, and I know how ragged these things can be. I hope those responsible have likewise made a clean cutover from coffee to cognac.

Doug

I, too, find the new layout easier on the eyes. I do hope the PMs reappear.

Thanks to you all for taking care of FPN!

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

And why is there no 'tree' at the bottom of the page (the bit that tells you where in the FPN you are and allows you to click back without going to the top of the page (bit like " FPN - Miscellaneous - Chatter) and when are we going to have a nice day and why's my tea cold.....

You can change to outline view in My Settings->Forums.

As for your tea, is it possible it's iced tea? :D

I think I like it!

+1 I too think I like it, but have to learn my way around some of the features.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

You can change to outline view in My Settings->Forums.

As for your tea, is it possible it's iced tea? :D

Lubberly - thank you.

Iced tea? I'm British - tea is hot, strong and served by the gallon (also explains the nice day comment)!

Iced tea is for those overseas......

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch" Orson Welles

What a lovely surprise for my birthday! Thank you Admin team! You are so thoughtful and caring. And so hard working!

I like it especially being able to change fonts easily and their size

but we can't change the colour so easily. THe black ink brigade have won, so far!!!!

Edited by Miranda

A big thanks to the mods for the hard work involved in upgrading a site as big as this :)

Amen!

I'm sure there are several of them that had personal things they would rather have spent the day doing.

The change seems to have been necessary and they are going to alot of effort to make things as close as they can

be to how they were.

With drastic changes, you're not going to be able to satisfy everyone.

Way to go guys and guyettes. We DO appreciate yall.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

The colors are in the grey-blue spectrum on my monitor, except for the default text in the posts. The dark bands look midnight blue or blue-black. I find the colors restful.

Thank you for upgrading the "computer things" for FPN. I appreciate you all doing so much to make FPN work well.

Edited by Gran

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

Well, logging in & seeing FPN looking completely different was definitely a huge surprise! After a couple seconds of "did I go to the correct web page?" the next reaction was I'm liking the looks. Does the software running this site support letting people pick the theme they prefer? That seems like it would be a good compromise. Make this one the default and allow anyone who preferred the old look to go back.

-Hello, my name is Kenny and I'm a fountain pen addict with a taste for Lamy and Esterbrook.

I really love this new page outlook. It definitely makes the forum have a more modern and "cafe" feel to it.

"Whenever elephants fight, it's always the grass that suffers" -African Proverb

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I don't really like it... but the changeover could have been disastrous, and the admins have done a commendable job in that respect. I'll probably get used to it soon enough...

Like the layout and yes I am one of those members that lost his PM's as well. Guess you guys did not expect this to happen, so you must feel bad about this as well. No big deal, just takes a little effort to get in touch with the persons you shared pm's with.

Good luck!

As long as it is authentic it has style

I am ok with it but boy was it a surprise when I logged in!

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

Like the layout and yes I am one of those members that lost his PM's as well. Guess you guys did not expect this to happen, so you must feel bad about this as well. No big deal, just takes a little effort to get in touch with the persons you shared pm's with.

Good luck!

I suspect they knew it would happen.

The "problem" is the amount of messages to transfer over to the new system. The Admins posted that there were almost 1/2 a MILLION of them to transfer...

They're not gone all the way, they're just not there Right Now.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

i like the upgrade. another forum i frequent did the upgrade last month.

my only complaint here are the pictures. on the old one, it would automatically resize for people that are posting crazy sized photos. i don't know if that is a user setting or a board wide setting.

mike