Which MB Boutiques have you visited?

Blade Runner

Do any of the boutiques actually have GOOD inexpensive buys or are they all full retail.

The Boutiques I've visited have had very desirable pens on discount. They'll never have someone dressed in a fountain pen costume waving a sale sign in front of the store though.

They do not always honor guarantees and workmanship.

The boutiques I've visited always have. The boutiques and ADs will also provide a warranty. Usually won't get that on the grey market.

Many repairs cost an arm and a leg, sometimes they d for just a service charge.

If you need a new nib, it will be expensive, but for other issues, it's been the service charge or less, and sometimes free in my experience.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• niksch

• Sandy1

• mongrelnomad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BillZ...

The new location for the Houston Boutique is only 2 or 3 doors down from the old one on the same side.

Coming from the elevators/stairs you can't see it because it's where the store fronts angle back and you can't see the store front till you gone past that "corner".

They took half of the old Disney store and now have a space that's 3 times bigger than the last one.

They had inventory before that they simply didn't have the space to display, but now it's much better and the new store is beautiful.

Go have a look !

I'm a homebody and have only been to the Boutique in Houston.

I just don't travel much, so I haven't seen others.

The boutique in Charlotte, NC, is managed by Ulricke, a knowledgeable lady on all things Montblanc. She was raised in Germany and trained at the Montblanc factory. Always gracious, she makes buying a pack of ink cartridges seem like we are doing a favor for Montblanc by buying their products. She is still trying to sell me a lovely gold Montblanc.

Have bought inks and had items repaired for years. Always enjoy visiting their shop.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

• 4 months later...

This past December we took a wonderful trip to Germany and the Czech Republic visiting the Christmas markets. The market a Nuremburg was the biggest we saw, it was cold and snowing, the mulled wine was delicious. Like something out of a storybook. My wife and I wandered away from the market and happened upon an MB boutique and I had to go in.

I bought a LeGrand there. And my wife even encouraged it. Love that woman! :wub:

The boutique at Nuremburg is the only one I've ever been to.

• 1 year later...

Of course a few in Germany:

• Frankfurt a.M. (city)
  • Frankfurt a.M. (airport)
  • Leipzig
  • Nürnberg
  • München
  • Köln
  • Hannover
  • Düsseldorf
  • Hamburg
  • Bremen

One in Austria:

• Wien

One in France:

• Paris

One in Belgium:

• Brüssel

And one in U.E.A.:

• Dubai (Mall of the Emirates)

...but not in Kasachstan (yet).

Cheers

Michael

...a few to add:

• Prague
  • Lyon
  • Geneva
  • Zuerich
  • London (Bond Street & Harrods & Sloan Street)
  • Strasbourg
  • Berlin (KaDeWe)

Cheers

Michael

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Paris, France

2 shops in Hong Kong

Hotel The Venetian, Macau

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Not very successful in this department, only ever visited two proper boutiques:

-Montblanc Birmingham, UK

-Montblanc Palma, Spain

I have purchased from both.

I have visited a fair few authorised dealers, though.

The Birminham boutique certainly isn't best - it is open plan and part of a Selfridges department store with just a few cabinets. But it is fairly local and more than sufficient. :thumbup:

MB Starwalker Black Resin BP • MB Starwalker Black Mystery RB • MB Starwalker Black Mystery FP (M)

MB Meisterstück Diamond Classique FP (M) • MB Starwalker 100 Years SE FP (M)

MB John Lennon FP (M) • MB Meisterstück Geometric Dimension FP (BB)

MB Carlo Collodi WE FP (M)

Design is not just what it looks and feels like. Design is how it works! — Steve Jobs

Amsterdam

Charles de Galle-Paris

Champs Elysee-Paris

Glendale Galleria- Los Angeles

Toronto

NYC

Denver

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

• Melbourne, AUS (my home city)
  • Sydney, AUS
  • Doha, Qatar
  • Paris, France
  • Cannes, France
  • Nice, France
  • Milan, Italy (I visited about 3 in MIlan I think)
  • Florence, Italy
  • Rome, Italy
  • Munich, Germany
  • London, UK
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands

I think for sure my favourite ones would either be Milan on Via Montenapoleone and Paris on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées; beautiful Boutiques and although I don't speak French, the staff were almost fluent in English and surprisingly helpful (it was a bit easier in MIlan as I speak Italian fairly well).

Next on my list, the good ol' U.S of A; I'll be spending some time there for work soon and then (hopefully) for some travel.

Patience is a virtue when waiting for the right pen... although I do just always seem to miss them

Twitter - aget19

I've been to several in the US -

New York City, New York

Short Hills, New Jersey

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania

Which have you visited? Anyone been to either of the two in Kazakhstan?

The only one I've ever been in was the Michigan Ave one in Chicago.

Take care,

Tim Verpoorten (Surfbits)

http://www.surfbits.com : Blog

http://www.macreviewcast.com : Podcast

I've been to the Tyson's Corner Galleria boutique in McLean, Virginia. and just today stopped into the Tampa boutique at International Plaza.

The staff there tells me they're about to move into a much larger space, and the new manager has done good things for the store's business.

If you assume 90% of what I say about the law is either naked self-promotion or zealous advocacy on behalf of my clients, then you'll never be disappointed. @mikewas

ACQUIRED! Levenger Seas/Sheaffer Connaisseur Tasman

London (Bond St., T5)

Geneva

Zurich

NYC (Madison Ave.)

Tel-Aviv (Ramat Aviv Mall)

Strangely enough, though the NYC store was by far the largest, it had very few pens. Mostly, it concentrated on the watches.

By far the most impressive, pen-wise, was the Geneva store: chocked full of skeletons and other esoteric and incredibly rare special editions.

Not sure if the Tel-Aviv is an official boutique (my guess would be no), but they are exceptionally well-stocked with WE and PoA specials...

Too many pens; too little writing.