What's your favourite Manbag?

tim atherton

My birthday was Friday and all I got was a card and a brownie. What do you do to get Special Treatment like that. Help this po boy out. Jim

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dapv

• AlecG

• inkypete

• trent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My birthday was Friday and all I got was a card and a brownie. ... Jim

What Brownie troop was the little girl in?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Magnificent Satchel!

That ought to be the name of a western.

(And thanks: it's a great little bag.)

Can I ask where you got the bag and price?

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

A box Brownie? Where are you going to get film, and who's going to process it?

Actually that's not as hard as it seems. If you can find a couple of 620-film spools (there are usually a bunch of them on eBay), you can re-spool regular 120-film onto the 620 spools. Same film, different spools. Developing isn't an issue, a great deal of professional labs will take care of 120 mid format film. Just remember to ask for your 620 spools back, or else they'll just throw them away!

-insert witty remark here-

Magnificent Satchel!

That ought to be the name of a western.

(And thanks: it's a great little bag.)

Can I ask where you got the bag and price?

Yes, of course. I'll PM you the details.

I would like more detailed information on this bag, as well, please.

Made in Australia - do they ship to the US?

Please feel free to PM me.

Thank you!

This is my everyday bag for work - smart enough with jeans and not too bad with a suit, although If I wore one often enough I would buy something more formal.

Capacious bag with large shoulder strap and a few compartments to loose my 'stuff' in. Great comfortable bag - highly recommended.post-49962-047667800 1287598949.jpg

Kind regards,

Q

This is my everyday bag for work - smart enough with jeans and not too bad with a suit, although If I wore one often enough I would buy something more formal.

Capacious bag with large shoulder strap and a few compartments to loose my 'stuff' in. Great comfortable bag - highly recommended.post-49962-047667800 1287598949.jpg

Which bag is that?

Rick

Need money for pens, must make good notebooks. :)

This is my everyday bag for work - smart enough with jeans and not too bad with a suit, although If I wore one often enough I would buy something more formal.Capacious bag with large shoulder strap and a few compartments to loose my 'stuff' in. Great comfortable bag - highly recommended.post-49962-047667800 1287598949.jpg
Which bag is that?Rick

The bag is a Jost Woodstock XL. There others in the range and can be found at http://www.myleatherbag.co.uk/leather-bag-brands/jost.html

A truely lovely bag for all.

Q

Kind regards,

Q

This is my work laptop bag / briefcase:

http://www.theleatherbriefcase.co.uk/images/products/main/131_hpdc27_01.jpg

From www.theleatherbriefcase.co.uk

For casual use, I have various canvas bags, and a couple in nylon. I dress pretty much 1930s-1950s on a daily basis, though, so I'm gradually replacing my bags with some thing more 'period' looking. The bag for work, above, is a replacement for a nylon rucksack thing, which just didn't 'fit' any more. Very common in the City, but for all that no less unprofessional to my eye. I do have a penchant for the old military style bags, especially Henry Jones (Jr)'s Mk VII British gas mask bag. For old school style and a bit of resistence to rain, however, you can't beat leather.

• 2 weeks later...

I regularly surf the Le^enger Outlet on *Bay, and just picked up a barely used Rustica Gearpack leather sachel for less than 1/3 of their retail price.

They offer lots of various "messenger" bags there - some are "new", others are display items, and still others are in various forms of "used."

But be sure it's what you want, because "returns" are not accepted.

A box Brownie? Where are you going to get film, and who's going to process it?

Actually it's an Old Leica IIIf that uses 35 mm film. B/W I shoot TriX and boost the speed 3x in the developing process. Wife has grown to accept the Onyx Bathtub, my experiments result in. Colour goes out to local Film Lab. Jim

i've just been using my rei look pack and a small timbuk2 bag

I've been using a T^mbuk2 "small" Messenger Bag for about a year, or so. It's quite useful and practical; esp. the velcro/buckle closure and heavy Cordura Nylon construction. But the bag is just a single, large compartment, and it's been difficult to keep things organized.

I've always been interested in a nice leather Messenger Bag, and Le^enger's Rustica Gearpack works well for me, at the moment. This bag has three divided sections as well as an access pocket on the back. The only drawback is that it does not have sufficient "small" pockets to organize smaller items and things like loose change, etc.; so I'll investigate adding a smaller "pocket" to it.

I hope this info is helpful.

http://gallery.me.com/alexgoudriaan/100030/SAB%20Westminster%20Wrap.jpg?derivative=mmedium&source=web.jpg&type=mmedium

My new bag since two weeks, made from english bridle leather with nice brass. I hope it will last me a lifetime or two.

Has a shoulderband and the leather is as stiff No leather I have had before. But the odd thing is that it does get better. I had a saddleback leather bag, but that one was just a hump of thick leather and quit cheaply made IMHO. I know a lot of people think the world of it, but I had one for a few weeks and wasn't impressed. This bag does impress me and if I could I would have ordered it in "London tan" but as I use it with a grey suite and I always wear black shies and belts I wanted a black one.

It's unlike any bag I ever had before and I have quite a collection. I even started to sell some other bags as I don't use these anymore. I've found my holy Grail bag...

Cacoethes scribendi

Alecgold, do tell where you bought this beauty.

I don't find the Saddleback cheaply made, but it is way too thick and heavy for daily use. Is this a very heavy bag?

Alecgold, do tell where you bought this beauty.

I don't find the Saddleback cheaply made, but it is way too thick and heavy for daily use. Is this a very heavy bag?

The saddlebags are not badly made, it's just that it hasn't got the attention to details. It has a rough/tough look that doesn't work with a suit and a business environment.

Look for this bag at Nice Bag

Ow and it is hand made. Odd thing, the handle is my favorite handle by far, all time!

The bag is heavy, 2.7kg but it doesn't feel very heavy even when loaded with 8,3kgs of my stuff. That is another big difference to saddlebag as well. It doesn't make any sense to me but this bag seems to feel lighter than any other bag would feel. It seems to have it's own antigravity field generator.

Edited by alecgold

Cacoethes scribendi