Fellowship Pens have arrived!

jpr

These pens have been keeping me up at night for the past few weeks. I'm very glad they're here :)

Difference in size is because of perspective of camera. I'll post writing samples soon. Just got them not 15 minutes ago! :cloud9:

Foreground: The FP prototype. I couldn't resist it. :headsmack:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2629/3796786413_fdf4b24a8c_b.jpg

Edited by jpr

Ah, that fresh ink on paper look!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpr

• Chris Chalmers

• Jopen

• alvarez57

Oh my word!!!! What a pair of beauties.............how are you ever going to decide which one to use at one time???

Congratulations! I did wonder what Kevin had done with the protptype - now I know!

I wish you many years of good writing - in the best of health!

Which inks are you going to use?

Which nibs did you get............or did I miss that??? :hmm1:

Mine has cleared Aussie customs.........so should be here on my desk Monday or Tuesday :wub:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Thank you Sonia and Chris :D

Chris: Ink is going to be the Autumn line of Iroshizuku when they get here.

Nibs are stiff stub for the FP and flexy stub for the prototype.

I think the Autumnal inks by Iroshizuku are just perfect............and I'll be very interested to see how you find the flexy stub nib - because that's what is in my pen! I think the Tsuhushi will be going in mine. Enjoy! :clap1:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Here, courtesy of our fellow FPN member Carlos, are the writing samples:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3426/3797943634_9fef095a6d_b.jpg

Oh that stiff stub nib looks like a delight to use!

Mine came in the mail this morning too! I was so excited but didn't have time to open the package until after I got home in the evening. It was so worth it.

In rotation:

Pelikan M400 with Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji

Nakaya Kuro-tame Desk Pen with Platinum Blue

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi with Aurora Black

Twitter: @souveran

You're right, feiye. The stiff stub is a great feeling nib to use.

Congrats on getting yours as well. :thumbup:

I guarantee you will love yours, Siv.

I've only had mine for a few hours and I've run

a converter of ink through both already. :wub:

Edited by jpr

My pen came just a few minutes ago. I wasn't prepared for my reaction. I actually feel like crying because it is so beautiful. I'm not going to ink it for awhile. Just leave it sit and get used to my home.

Thanks again Kevin and everyone who made this possible. :wub:

Fountain Pen Abundance

These pens have been keeping me up at night for the past few weeks. I'm very glad they're here :)

Difference in size is because of perspective of camera. I'll post writing samples soon. Just got them not 15 minutes ago! :cloud9:

Foreground: The FP prototype. I couldn't resist it. :headsmack:

Congratulations.

I was wondering what happened to the other prototype. Man, too slow again.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Glad the pens are starting to reach your hands... Now I can rest a bit easier knowing they all went to good homes and are treasured by you all. Now for the first batch of 31 pens, I have 3 folks traveling at the moment and 2 more to UK which will go out latest by Monday as my small town post office don't do international over the weekend.

The other 29 pens, both clip and clipless will start showing up end of August. This will provide a bit of breather for me. Some of you have asked me the total numbers of pens made, and the answer is 60.

Best,

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Glad the pens are starting to reach your hands... Now I can rest a bit easier knowing they all went to good homes and are treasured by you all. Now for the first batch of 31 pens, I have 3 folks traveling at the moment and 2 more to UK which will go out latest by Monday as my small town post office don't do international over the weekend.

The other 29 pens, both clip and clipless will start showing up end of August. This will provide a bit of breather for me. Some of you have asked me the total numbers of pens made, and the answer is 60.

Best,

Kevin

60?

That's quite a number!

Congratulations everyone for this adventure...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

I got my pen in hand yesterday. The pen is lovely and I am in awe. I have not inked it yet as I am still enjoying its aesthetics. My thanks to everyone who worked so hard on this treasure.

Mine arrived today too... :)

Very happy with the result.

Thanks Kevin!

That pen looks so much better than that Italian clunker you drive. :roflmho:

Congrats on your racing license. :thumbup:

It's going to be a long month... :crybaby:

I'm so happy for you, JP! Enjoy your new Danis! Hope to see them on the 15th…

Edited by soloworx

Wooohooo!!!!

Now my first thought on seeing this pen was how small it is. You'll have to understand that while waiting for this pen to arrive I have been playing with her big brother! I've taken shots with the flash to bring out that chocolate colour... Most of the pictures already shown depict the pen more closely to how you'd see it indoors.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2632/3799711908_e797a06166.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2676/3798894865_c7d8562f22.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2588/3799712152_8b8ed8a240.jpg

Of course she's actually larger than the Piccolos that I use daily...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2585/3798895019_4d67fc5c8b.jpg

Her new home:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2476/3798895137_2a49fdd48a.jpg

Overall I'm very pleased. This is my second Maki-e pen and my second Danitrio. Now I'll have to think long and hard about what ink to put in her... Right now, I'll satisfy myself with just admiring her lines...

Thank you Kevin!

Edited by Siv

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77