Yes, It is True

Brian Anderson

This is wonderful. I love a happy ending! Congratulations, Brian and Lisa.

Kudzu

"I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

Happy Pan Pacific Pen Club Member!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lisa Anderson

• Brian Anderson

• FarmBoy

• pen2paper

May we know what ink the special Estie will be dipped in for the legal signature?

This would be an incredible weird question.. Anywhere else-but FPN;)

Legal Lapis?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

So, in a case like this, when one gets down on one's knee and proposes marriage, does one hand over a traditional engagement ring, or does one offer a rare set of Esterbrook pens?

Not only that but, how does one propose? Does one get to the point and simply say, "Will you marry me?" or does one ask a more appropriate, "How would you like to spend the rest of your life with an Esterbrook collector?" :roflmho:

Congrats you two! :thumbup: :bunny01: :bunny01:

So, in a case like this, when one gets down on one's knee and proposes marriage, does one hand over a traditional engagement ring, or does one offer a rare set of Esterbrook pens?

Not only that but, how does one propose? Does one get to the point and simply say, "Will you marry me?" or does one ask a more appropriate, "How would you like to spend the rest of your life with an Esterbrook collector?" :roflmho:

It was more a case of merging the collections. Or, since I had sold several of mine to Brian, this way I get permanent visitation rights.... lol

And then, of course, there is the famous Rosborough set that truly brought us together. We each had half of a rare set, I had the pen, Brian had the pencil. Bought from different people in opposite sides of the county. How fateful is that???

And then, of course, there is the famous Rosborough set that truly brought us together. We each had half of a rare set, I had the pen, Brian had the pencil. Bought from different people in opposite sides of the county. How fateful is that???

Sounds like kismet to me...

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

It was more a case of merging the collections. Or, since I had sold several of mine to Brian, this way I get permanent visitation rights.... lol

I read the post describing how you two discovered you each had 1/2 of the set. I'd say those are some astronomical odds. I can only imagine the looks on your faces when you each discovered that.

I read the post describing how you two discovered you each had 1/2 of the set. I'd say those are some astronomical odds. I can only imagine the looks on your faces when you each discovered that.

When I saw the image of the pen my jaw literally dropped. I thought it was a joke for a second. It was meant to be. :)

Brian

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

When I saw the image of the pen my jaw literally dropped. I thought it was a joke for a second. It was meant to be. :)

Brian

For those (like myself) who aren't already familiar with the story... (and Brian, I'll bet your mouth DID drop open!)

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...p?showtopic=897

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Brian,

A very late, but very heartfelt, congratulations!

I have been away on leave and have had my first day back at work brightened considerably by your happy news.

All the very best.

Jim

Heartiest Congratulations to both of you - Brian and Lisa................and I think you both owe me a letter from years ago!!!

What a Wedding it will be - I wish you both many many years of bliss and Esterbrooks!! :clap1: :bunny01: :cloud9: :wub:

Chris, how are you?? Send me a note backchannel - I'm sure I do owe you a letter!!

OUTSTANDING and congratulations!!

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

Believe it or not we have discussed appropriate pen engagement and wedding presents. We each have a list. :D

Cheers!

Brian

Believe it or not we have discussed appropriate pen engagement and wedding presents. We each have a list. :D

Cheers!

Brian

OOH, that's right, I better start shopping now!!! The proper Relief pen will NOT be easy to find!!

OOH, that's right, I better start shopping now!!! The proper Relief pen will NOT be easy to find!!

I just might happen to know of one on *bay right now that is delightful. But admit it, you bought THIS ONE. :D :D

B

Official congratulations :)

FPH registry - that was a good one!...

I hope to make it in Chicago :)

Wait, you mean FPH DOESN'T have wedding registry? That's just wrong!! Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, engagements, bar mitzvas, etc..... There is a huge market to which they could be catering!!!

We would LOVE to have you there Antonios!!!

Congratulations!!!

Hey, are you going to be handing out party favors? I just see so much potential for decorations!

I'll take an Aurora, please. Aurora black.

Congratulations!!!

Hey, are you going to be handing out party favors? I just see so much potential for decorations!

Come to Chicago, enjoy the show, and let us surprise you with our wedding plans. Truly, nothing like this has occurred at any other show.....