Inlaid/Hooded nibs pens list

cr0acker

Does anybody have a list of pens with inlaid nibs (Like Sheaffer Emperial, WingSung, Waterman Carene) or hooded nibs (like P51, Hero, Aurora, etc)?

My writers: S.Z.Leqi 800, Hero 329,Parker Vector, Pilot 78G, Lamy Safari, Wality 77D, Pilot Elite, Platinum PG-250, Reform Memo 166, Parker 45, Parker Inflection, Wality 69LFB, Pilot Vortex, Hero 100, Pilot Prera, Parker 95, Waterman Phileas

Inks: Sheaffer Skrip Black, Hero advanced washable Black, Hero advanced washable Blue, Hero Blue,MontBlanc Black

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cr0acker

• ZeissIkon

• Johnny Appleseed

• jar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hooded nibs

========

Parker 21

Parker 51

Parker 61

Parker 100

Aurora 88 vintage

Hero 100, 616

Lamy 2000

Inlaid nibs

=======

Sheaffer PFM, Legacy I,II,Targa

Waterman Carene

Mont Blanc 24, 72

Parker Ellipse

Lamy Vista

Hooded nibs

========

Parker 21

Parker 51

Parker 61

Parker 100

Aurora 88 vintage

Hero 100, 616

Lamy 2000

Inlaid nibs

=======

Waterman Carene

Mont Blanc 24, 72

Parker Ellipse

Lamy Vista

The Lamy Vista isn't hooded or inlaid.

I'll add the Waterman Edson, Moore Fingertip, Pilot Myu 701, Parker T1, Lamy 27, Pilot/Namiki Vanishing Point and Sterling Silver collection, Cross Verve, Montegrappa Nero Uno, and Sailor Wooden pens.

Edited by Tsujigiri

Onoto K-4

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

Add the namiki falcon.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg

Add the namiki falcon.

The Falcon looks kind of conventional to me. Seems more like a tubular nib than an inlaid one, since it's completely separate from the grip.

Hooded nibs

========

Parker 21

Parker 51

Parker 61

Parker 100

Aurora 88 vintage

Hero 100, 616

Lamy 2000

Inlaid nibs

=======

Waterman Carene

Mont Blanc 24, 72

Parker Ellipse

Lamy Vista

I would add Parker 17, and Parker 45 if count Lamy 2000.

My writers: S.Z.Leqi 800, Hero 329,Parker Vector, Pilot 78G, Lamy Safari, Wality 77D, Pilot Elite, Platinum PG-250, Reform Memo 166, Parker 45, Parker Inflection, Wality 69LFB, Pilot Vortex, Hero 100, Pilot Prera, Parker 95, Waterman Phileas

Inks: Sheaffer Skrip Black, Hero advanced washable Black, Hero advanced washable Blue, Hero Blue,MontBlanc Black

Updated List

Hooded nibs
========
Parker 17
Parker 21
Parker 45
Parker 51
Parker 51 Special Edition
Parker 61
Parker 100
Aurora 88 vintage, 98, Archivi, Auretta
Hero 100, 616, 329, 330
Lamy 27
Lamy 2000
Venus Hooded

Inlaid nibs
=======
Waterman Carene
Waterman Edson
Mont Blanc 24, 72
Parker Ellipse
Parker T1
Moore Fingertip
Pilot Myu 
Pilot/Namiki Vanishing Point
Montegrappa Nero Uno
Sailor Wooden

Add the namiki falcon.

The Falcon looks kind of conventional to me. Seems more like a tubular nib than an inlaid one, since it's completely separate from the grip.

nono I meant for the hooded nib. It is semi-hooded.

And how is the vanishing point inlaid? It's a regular nib... you could probably call it semi-hooded though, but you can see the breathing hole.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg

Add the namiki falcon.

nono I meant for the hooded nib. It is semi-hooded.

And how is the vanishing point inlaid? It's a regular nib... you could probably call it semi-hooded though, but you can see the breathing hole.

The VP might not count, I wasn't entirely sure. In a technical sense, it's one of the only pens that has a completely hooded nib, when it's retracted. But the Falcon has a lot of the nib exposed.. all nibs are hooded to some extent, but I think the Falcon is mostly open. cr0aker, thanks for compiling the list.

Also the Pilot Elite, Pelikan P1, Waterman Taperite, and possibly the Waterman C/F.

The Conklin Victory has a semi hooded nib.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

The '70s Pilot Custom fps have inlaid nibs as well.

The Conklin Cushion Point has a semi-hooded nib of sorts.

For a Sheaffer Imperial, only the Imperial IV, VIII, and Imperial Triumph had inlaid nibs. The Imperial I had the semi-hooded Stylpoint nib, and the Imperial II and III had Triumph nibs.

Other Sheaffer models with an inlaid nib include the Sheaffer Triumph (which has an inlaid nib - not a Triumph nib - Sheaffer naming conventions :headsmack: ), and Triumph Imperial, the Targa line, the Compact Imperial and Compact II, and a few other quasi-Imperial models out there - eg the 444 and 440 (though they are sometimes designated Triumph models).

For hooded nib you need to include the Wahl 5th Avenue pen.

Sheaffer used the Stylepoint nib in the Imperial I, Skripsert, one version of the Cartridge pen, and possibly a couple of others. That might qualify as semi-hooded, but that might be pushing it as well.

There are scads of Parker 51 clones from China made by Golden Star, Wing Sung, etc. - not sure if it is worth listing them all. Equally I think there were a slew of Italian 51 knock-offs in the post-war period.

I am also not sure I would call the T1, Falcon, Waterman Carene, etc nibs to be inlaid - the Falcon and T1 nibs are usually considered integrated nibs, because the nib and section housing are all combined in a single integrated shell. Inlaid nibs are inlaid into the section shell. I would split off the integrated nibs in their own section. Not sure what to call the Carene, Edison, Moore Fingertip, etc. - either semi-hooded, or semi-integrated, or something like that. They belong on the list and are in the same family, but I would not group them with inlaid nibs.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

Also the Pilot Elite,

Wow what a great pen. I must get one next time i buy pens/

Another Update

Hooded nibs

========

Parker 17

Parker 21

Parker 41

Parker 45

Parker 51

Parker 51 Special Edition

Parker 61

Parker 100

Aurora 88 vintage, 98, Archivi, Auretta

Hero 100, 616, 329, 330

Lamy 27

Lamy 2000

Venus Hooded

Pilot Elite

Pelikan P1

Waterman Taperite

Waterman C/F

Conklin Victory

Conklin Cushion Point

Sheaffer Imperial I, Skripsert, Cartridge pen

Inlaid nibs

=======

Sheaffer PFM, Legacy I,II,Targa, Imperial IV, VIII, Imperial Triumph, Intrigu, Triumph, Compact Imperial, Compact II, 440, 444

Waterman Carene

Waterman Edson

Mont Blanc 24, 72

Parker Ellipse

Moore Fingertip

Pilot/Namiki Vanishing Point

'70s Pilot Custom

Montegrappa Nero Uno

Sailor Wooden

Integrated nibs

=======

Parker T1

Pilot Myu

Pilot Falcon

Does anybody have a list of pens with inlaid nibs (Like Sheaffer Emperial, WingSung, Waterman Carene) or hooded nibs (like P51, Hero, Aurora, etc)?

Greetings,

Here's what I have on mostly the Hero Fully-Hooded Pens... I think I have 18 different versions plus a handful of duplicates. I apologize as I am not quite finished with the page(s) just yet. http://hero.sproctor.com

Very Best Regards,

Stephen

~ Poor is the Nation that has no Heroes... but beggared is the Nation that has, and forgets them. ~

The integrated nib Falcon is the Parker 50 Falcon, not the Pilot/Namiki Falcon.

http://fototime.com/%7B32BF83E8-AA55-46F8-B94F-7E86CF91AC5D%7D/origpict/IMGP3851.jpg

Pilot/Namiki Falcon (photo by PinarelloOnly - Click on pic to go to review).

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/NibProfile800.jpg

Parker 50 Falcon (photo by me - Click on pic to go to review).

Edited by I am not a number

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...