Visconti Titanic - review

goodguy

Visconti Titanic, one of few pens I wanted for a while and wanted at the same lust as a MB pen and in my case that say's a lot!!!

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/DSC00628.jpg

The three things I like about the pen is the body colour scheme, the clip and the size of the pen.

I said it more then few times Visconti simply makes stunning pens.

To my taste Visconti is at the top of pen making companied by only few other makers making top notch quality products.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/DSC00631.jpg

At the pen meeting I got to ask a friend who I know has a Titanic how much its worth and to my surprise he told me his pen is for sale.

The asking price was reasonable and so I got to fulfill my dream to own this pen.

This pen is the regular edition and so it has a CC filler unlike the double reservoir Vacuum filler of the LE model.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/DSC00634.jpg

This is a large pen that has quite a presents. The blue body with swirls of yellow is simply stunning.

The yellow swirls are deep in the body of the pen and look like aurora lights. It add a mysterious aura to it.

On the barrel there is the inscription "R.M.S TITANIC" with its flag.

And now we get to the main feature and the most attractive part of the pen-the clip!!!

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/DSC00646.jpg

And what a clip it is. This clip is really big, so beautiful with such a smart design too.

At the top of the clip you have the ship and at the bottom a white crystal that represents the iceberg. The clip is attached to the body with 2 hinges and in the middle right under the boat part there is a spring loaded piston that gives the clip a wonderful springy motion.

Not just a beautiful clip but also smartly designed.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/DSC00649.jpg

The nib is a standard 18k medium two tone Visconti nib and I am glad it is.

These nibs are very good writers with good flow, very smooth feel to it and good feedback.

This nib is exceptionally smooth and not overly wide so even though I like F nibs I will be able to use this pen.

The pen comes with the standard and proved resin curvy section that gives you a comfortable and secure writing.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/DSC00650.jpg

Nothing much to add in regards to the CC filler, pretty standard does it job well and even though its at the bottom of my desirability list I can live with it.

Like all pens with CC fillers who doesn't have any metal parts in the barrel this pen is light weight and very well balance which makes it into a perfect companion for both note taking and long sessions of writing.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/DSC00654.jpg

Summery

Visconti Titanic is one of the most beautiful pens Visconti made and one of the most beautiful pens I own in general. Yes this pen is simply stunning and its big body and big bold clip this pen makes quite a statement. It gonna be hard not to notice it as it really doesn't look like anything else.

Add to the design the fact that this pen is an excellent writer and you got yourself a very very good package.

In the future I might buy the LE model but right now I am very happy and satisfy with this regular model.

These pens are not easily obtainable. I was very lucky to find mine and even though its not as expensive as the LE model this pen was still pretty expensive but I thing well worth it.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/IMG00005-20090711-1841.jpg

And of course Tzutzik loved the pen and was nice enough to let me try it before he took it to write few poems :meow:

Respect to all

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• FrankB

• RLTodd

• HenryLouis

Nice review Goodguy and nice photos too. I suspect from the included ED that this pen can be used as one.

Best,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Nice review Goodguy and nice photos too. I suspect from the included ED that this pen can be used as one.

Best,

Hari

I am not sure yet but I suspect originally the pen came with an ink pot but maybe indeed the pen could be used as an ED.

There are no indication to that in the papers I got with the pen.

Respect to all

Gorgeous pen. Congratulations! Thanks for the review.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Nice review. It's an interesting pen, I've looked at it before. I like Visconti pens overall, but for some reason, the idea of owning this one kind of scares me.

Tzutzik seems to have quite the impeccable taste in pens. I wonder, though, has any you've requested approval on been snubbed? Regardless, I love paw of approval stamp you add to your reviews.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

looks unusual for a visconti :) nice pen anyway

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Best,

Hari

I had this version a few years ago and did successfully use it as an ED.

Don N

A. Don's Axiom "It's gonna be used when I sell it, might as well be used when I buy it."

They should have used parts of the titanic's hull for the pen. hehe. Romain Jerome has a watch partly made out of a piece of titanic steel. It would really make the pen look uglier however.

http://www.ohgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/romain_jerome_titanic_watch.jpg

Edited by HenryLouis
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg

Thanks for another fine review.

I also have a production Titanic, and I would love to get an LE example one day. I can only agree the pen is lovely in an almost mysterious way. I think the pen has a nice ergonomic feel in the hand. I find the barrel and section to be very similar to Visconti's Voyager series pens. For me that similarity is a very good thing, as I really like the comfortable shape, size and balance of the Voyager pens.

I got my pen at a very good price since it has a steel nib. It has got to be a replacement nib as I checked with Visconti and they tell me they made no Titanic pens with steel nibs. It is a Visconti nib with a M point, but writes a moderately wet F line. It is smooth with slight, subtle feedback. I got the pen with the intention of replacing the nib with an 18K version, but the darned thing writes so well I have yet to feel compelled to make the switch.

Edited by FrankB

Random thought on making things from the wreck............

I thought the Titanic site had been declared an International Grave Site several years ago and nothing was supposed to be brought up afterward.

YMMV

There's a bit of thought and imagination gone into this one and I like it. The ice in the water on the barrel I particularly like. : a kind of Lapis blue colour like icy waters. The clip showing the ships inexorable disaster is a bit overdone for me but it's a great idea.

Thanks

Nice review. It's an interesting pen, I've looked at it before. I like Visconti pens overall, but for some reason, the idea of owning this one kind of scares me.

Tzutzik seems to have quite the impeccable taste in pens. I wonder, though, has any you've requested approval on been snubbed? Regardless, I love paw of approval stamp you add to your reviews.

No need to be scared, what could happened..................wait................no.............is that an iceberg ? :)

Well Tzutzik is a bit scared of Sheaffer Snorkels, he told me the snorkel reminds him of a needle and he hate geeting the needle :ltcapd:

looks unusual for a visconti :) nice pen anyway

I know you are not a big fan of Visconti's Georges but I think you would like the size of this pen.

Respect to all

Congratulations. I have a few Visconti's (thankyou Bryant et al) but this one is not my taste. Nevertheless, I agree with you about Visconti's quality and imagination. Enjoy!

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Congratulations. I have a few Visconti's (thankyou Bryant et al) but this one is not my taste. Nevertheless, I agree with you about Visconti's quality and imagination. Enjoy!

Agreed, naturaly I don't love all Visconti pens but all their pens are very well made.

Respect to all

• 1 year later...