2 good spiral notebks

Recently I purchased a couple of spiral bound notebooks at the university bookstore because I am so sick and tired of the lousy paper in most legal pads. They turned out to be very good for FPs!

One is by KOKUYO, 5-7/8" x 8-1/4", white pages. The line spacing is about 7mm. There is a heading block at the top of every page that takes up about 1". The lines are very thin and unobtrusive black.

The binding is the double-spiral kind. The covers are lightweight plastic with a linear embossed texture. The bottom half of the cover is black and the top is clear, so if you wanted to include a heading on page 1, you can see it through the cover.

I have some very wet-writing stub nibs, which produced no bleed-though on this paper. In a few cases there was some very slight ghosting, but you can definitely write on both sides of this paper. Great paper quality -- no feathering at all. :)

The other one is MIQUELRIUS, 6-1/4" x 8-1/8'", white pages, "Notebook 4," designating that there are 4 color-coded sections (blue, red, gray and green). The line spacing is also about 7mm. There's a slender heading block at the top of every page that takes up about 5/8". The lines are thin & unobtrusive, and the line color matches a thin band of color along the outer edge of the page that separates the different sections. The pages are also perforated :) and have a two-hole punch (which must match a European standard, they don't match standard 3-hole USA binders).

The covers came in various colors, mine is lime green see-through plastic. It has a black spiral binding. I found the paper quality to be pretty good, no feathering with my wet pens. There is some ghosting on the back sides, so this paper is slightly thinner than in the Koyuko. I never write on back pages, so not a problem for me. -- This one became my instant meeting-notes binder, due to the color coding and the perforated pages.

Unfortunately I don't remember what I paid for them -- but they weren't unreasonable & seemed to be in line with other notebook prices at the college book store. My fountains pens REALLY like these notebooks! :D

BTW -- I recently stumbled onto www.thedailyplanner.com. I've never ordered anything from them but they seem to have a good selection of notebooks and papers to look at, in brands favored by FPNers.

Petra

/:)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger

• JRodriguez

• petra

• Sparky

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing. I've ordered from The Daily Planner twice, and both times they were quick and helpful. For my first order, they didn't have one of the notebooks I ordered in stock, so they shipped what they had right away and then the other notebook when it came in at no extra cost. I thought that was really cool of them.

The Daily Planner is a site I use also. It seems to have a full-line of paper, though I have been partial to Rhodia and Clairefontaine. They are also very quick and efficient. It's nice to know there is a one stop shop for FP lovers. That being said does anyone know of other on-line stores that carry the full-range of papers?

Thanks!

The Daily Planner is a site I use also.  It seems to have a full-line of paper, though I have been partial to Rhodia and Clairefontaine.  They are also very quick and efficient.  It's nice to know there is a one stop shop for FP lovers. That being said does anyone know of other on-line stores that carry the full-range of papers?

Thanks!

Doubt that anyone has it all, but Pendemonium has many brands and many products within those brands. Chuck Swisher has a bunch also.

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List