What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

9 hours ago, Nick T said:

Montblanc Egyptomania Cobalt Green

I had a sample of that that @The Mustard had been kind enough to give me.  Good luck finding a doppelgänger for that lovely ink!

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

16 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

I had a sample of that that @The Mustard had been kind enough to give me.  Good luck finding a doppelgänger for that lovely ink!

looks like someone already worked on that problem:

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

On 7/25/2022 at 6:04 PM, dragondazd said:

The box of Birmingham inks were a bit... Wacky. When I held up Basil Pesto I saw a blood red ink with a green residue on the bottle. Similarly the Molten Tin looked pink. 

Here you see the reddish slosh when wet on molten tin and (less obviously) basil pesto. You will notice it firsthand though... 

PXL_20220724_000140212.thumb.jpg.5d1773361976793fc0f265b300936ab7.jpg

Oddly, a friend of mine who is a calligrapher and botanical illustrator had just posted something about Birmingham Elderberry (IIRC) just a day or so ago.  She showed a swab of the ink, and it made me think of the bottle of Waterfront Dusk I picked up when they still had the B&M store.  Someone had said that ink was a better behaved version of Noodler's Kung Te Cheng, but I think it's a bit too red leaning.  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

11 hours ago, IThinkIHaveAProblem said:

looks like someone already worked on that problem:

Yes - I found this amazingly helpful comparison/test during the hunt for MB Cobalt Green. The GvFV Deep Sea Green arrives early next week.

Hopefully MB will re-release Cobalt Green under another guise in the future. Sigh….. I’d like to try it and compare line widths, saturation and shading behavior to my current favorite Tsuki-Yo.

Cheers - Nicholas

There’s so much Montblanc green being discussed here I’m off topic but yes I have (and hoarded 2 bottles with about one.25 in total left and several packs of cartridges) and I’m using Racing Green today. It’s the greatest imho. 

8 minutes ago, mge01park said:

There’s so much Montblanc green being discussed here I’m off topic but yes I have (and hoarded 2 bottles with about one.25 in total left and several packs of cartridges) and I’m using Racing Green today. It’s the greatest imho. 

Thank you for this. I love the way my other MB inks behave. It’s not just about color for me. The ink has to have the right behavior characteristics. 
Enjoy your weekend and thanks again.

Cheers - Nicholas

None...as my order with Vanness was eaten by the crackheads of "Baltimore Maryland"...yet again.
Full refund...but I guess no inks for me, I'll just drive up to PenBoutique and see what they have.
The USPS cannot be trusted to do their job.

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

42 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

None...as my order with Vanness was eaten by the crackheads of "Baltimore Maryland"...yet again.
Full refund...but I guess no inks for me, I'll just drive up to PenBoutique and see what they have.
The USPS cannot be trusted to do their job.

So what actually happened to the package? I recently ordered 3 inks from them and their white lightning and it came perfect with about the best packaging I’ve ever seen as far as a secure box, etc. 

E14CD9F0-2FC1-4190-8150-93D499039FCB.jpeg

70827F2A-435C-49BB-9706-C30D3BD20247.jpeg

7 hours ago, mge01park said:

So what actually happened to the package? I recently ordered 3 inks from them and their white lightning and it came perfect with about the best packaging I’ve ever seen as far as a secure box, etc. 

E14CD9F0-2FC1-4190-8150-93D499039FCB.jpeg

70827F2A-435C-49BB-9706-C30D3BD20247.jpeg

No idea man...All can say is...."BALTIMORE". 
Crackhead central...residents and workers...complete black hole when it comes to industry, safety, efficiency, value and worth.
It sounds like you live somewhere far away from an industrial black hole...so your mail doesn't get sucked into oblivion by places like Baltimore.

Anything that passes through Baltimore automatically has 4-5 days added to it's transit time, or it gets lost completely. 
I'm certain that there's warehouses worth of mail lost to theft, laziness and abject criminality in Baltimore....it's the East Coast version of Downton L.A. 

Anyhow...
The USPS can't seem to account for the lost package, Vanness has already called it a loss as they can't get any info on it either and refunded me my money.
No choice but to try to buy the inks local (within driving distance) or on Amazon...where the drivers don't route packages through "South Crackton". 
Anything delivered by the USPS through "Baltimore" is lost in space right now...the idiots in Baltimore do this every friggin summer. They either can't be arsed to do their jobs because they're lazy turds or they're selling peoples mail to theives for a miniscule profit so they can buy a hit of crack.

(See photos attached)
The package in question made it from Arkansas to Maryland in one day and has been in Essex MD (Baltimore) since July 30th with zero movement.
Calling the Baltimore and Essex USPS locations gets bewildered replies and statements that the package does not exist.
Well Vanness sent it, the shipping was paid for, it is registered in the Postal tracking system...how can they say that it does not exist!?
Unsurprisingly...they refuse to take accountability for their refusal to do their jobs...go figure!

Worthless USPS jackholes...

Baltimore eaten-1.JPG

Baltimore eaten-2.JPG

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

42 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

No idea man...All can say is...."BALTIMORE". 
Crackhead central...residents and workers...complete black hole when it comes to industry, safety, efficiency, value and worth.
It sounds like you live somewhere far away from an industrial black hole...so your mail doesn't get sucked into oblivion by places like Baltimore.

Anything that passes through Baltimore automatically has 4-5 days added to it's transit time, or it gets lost completely. 
I'm certain that there's warehouses worth of mail lost to theft, laziness and abject criminality in Baltimore....it's the East Coast version of Downton L.A. 

Anyhow...
The USPS can't seem to account for the lost package, Vanness has already called it a loss as they can't get any info on it either and refunded me my money.
No choice but to try to buy the inks local (within driving distance) or on Amazon...where the drivers don't route packages through "South Crackton". 
Anything delivered by the USPS through "Baltimore" is lost in space right now...the idiots in Baltimore do this every friggin summer. They either can't be arsed to do their jobs because they're lazy turds or they're selling peoples mail to theives for a miniscule profit so they can buy a hit of crack.

(See photos attached)
The package in question made it from Arkansas to Maryland in one day and has been in Essex MD (Baltimore) since July 30th with zero movement.
Calling the Baltimore and Essex USPS locations gets bewildered replies and statements that the package does not exist.
Well Vanness sent it, the shipping was paid for, it is registered in the Postal tracking system...how can they say that it does not exist!?
Unsurprisingly...they refuse to take accountability for their refusal to do their jobs...go figure!

Worthless USPS jackholes...

Baltimore eaten-1.JPG

Baltimore eaten-2.JPG

Horrible story. My son was at college there 2 years ago and had some problems like this here and there. I’m based in FL I’ve had a few disasters but they eventually showed up days and weeks later. 

Normally, (probably because none of my mail is routed through Baltimore, from the sound of things) I love the USPS (except one mail carrier. Just the one. He's a piece of work.) However, last week, I had a package coming from San Francisco (Rickshaw!) northwards to here in Washington State. Package was tracked passing my fair city--fine. I know the main hub from which all mail flows is in Seattle. Next day? Was it heading back south me-wards? Nope! Heading farther north! Heading a further 28-ish miles north to Everett. Well, odd. Next? Heading still farther north to Snohomish--another 8-ish miles farther north. Then it sat and pondered it's fate over the weekend before finally coming to its senses and coming back south.

Why the extra 72 mile round-trip? No clue.

ETA: to stay within the spirit of the thread--a bottle of Birmingham ink. Okay, a couple bottles. All right, a few. Less than 25, anyway.

Edited by Pen Ffynnon
Forgotten info

Okay, so I reordered the ink sample set from VANNESS that never arrived.

What shows up in the mail for the second order?
TWO FRIGGIN BOXES OF THE SAME INK SAMPLES@!@!!!!!!!@!@@@#$:62iop34602840962

* * * * *R-A-G-E* * * * *

I could scream...

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

47 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

Okay, so I reordered the ink sample set from VANNESS that never arrived.

What shows up in the mail for the second order?
TWO FRIGGIN BOXES OF THE SAME INK SAMPLES@!@!!!!!!!@!@@@#$:62iop34602840962

* * * * *R-A-G-E* * * * *

I could scream...

Are you saying the missing parcel showed up?

4 hours ago, dragondazd said:

Are you saying the missing parcel showed up?

Yuuuuup!
Late as all get out and ONLY because the second one that was sent to replace it was actually routed properly.
🙄

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

5 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

Yuuuuup!
Late as all get out and ONLY because the second one that was sent to replace it was actually routed properly.
🙄

Maybe it took a detour to ND. :D

More inks to play with I guess.

4 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

Four (yes, four) different iron gall blue-blacks, all from the same Chinese maker, Ostrich. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Please share with us how those perform in a review or some quick sample scribbles. I am always looking for a better blue black and these look interesting. Thanks!

Cheers - Nicholas

I’m waiting for a sample of Iroshizuku Shin-Kai. Going down the blue/black rabbit hole.

Cheers - Nicholas

56 minutes ago, Nick T said:

I’m waiting for a sample of Iroshizuku Shin-Kai. Going down the blue/black rabbit hole.

I'm a bit in that hole right now, but it has to be safe for vintage while looking saturated enough for me.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence