What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Just received:

• Diamine Blue Velvet
  • Noodler's Rome is burning
  • Noodler's Navajo Turquoise
  • LcdC Bleu cuivré
  • LcDc Vert Sapin

Check out my website about Photography and Ink-making: WWW.LOKE.BE

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

One new find and a couple of others I've been wanting to try for a while now. All Osters, by coincidence:

African Gold, Soda Pop Blue, Bondi Blue & Astorquiza Rot. 

And as usual, the day after I order I get a 10% off & free shipping offer.  From another store, of course. 

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every six months. 

~ 

A bunch of PenBBS inks are still in limbo - some are due to be delivered in the next day or two though, and I don't think the others will be far behind. Quite looking forward to these - especially the second lot as it includes a long-anticipated  bottle of #390 Guilin. There's a pen sitting waiting for it!

And of course the inks that are part of an order I've been waiting for from the Netherlands for three months now...

34 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

as it includes a long-anticipated  bottle of #390 Guilin. There's a pen sitting waiting for it!

I hope what just happened to me doesn't to you. Ordered (& went ahead & paid for) a bit of a Grailer pen, sort've a self-consolatory buy due to a life-affecting event coming up. Then bought (different store) what i felt would be THE perfect ink for it (Sheen Machine), which promptly arrived 2 days later. 

First email arrives from store owner, that they're out of my preferred 'M' nib size, but they have EFs & Fs he can send, however he has Ms arriving next Friday. I tell him I'll wait. 

Next week, email comes; sending refund - Covid messed up the M shipment.  Now coming in September!

Oh, bummer. Have you got any of the Finer nibbed units left?

Hahahahahahahahaaaaa!! 

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~ 

15 minutes ago, Just J said:

I hope what just happened to me doesn't 

I hope you're going to finish that - please tell me there isn't something I don't want to know about this one!

29 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

I hope you're going to finish that - please tell me there isn't something I don't want to know about this one!

So sorry!  Nothing dire, really....that "issue" you mentioned in PM just caught me, i think. I was composing, & my input suddenly disappeared as you described, and when i came back, found my partial post had already ¿published itself?  I edited to finish it..pls see above. 

What a brainfart!  just hit me that you've already got YOUR pen, so not very likely it'll happen to you.  I gotta stop posting before I'm done napping!  

**sigh** Some days, it just doesn't pay to chew thru the leather straps.  

Edited by Just J

~ 

Ordered:

Van Dieman's Blue ringed Octopus 

Van Dieman's Black tongue spider

Van Dieman's Ghost ship

Van Dieman's Azure king fisher

Directly from VD, as someone else said, money's for spending 😉

Check out my website about Photography and Ink-making: WWW.LOKE.BE

11 minutes ago, Just J said:

So sorry!  Nothing dire, really....that "issue" you mentioned in PM just caught me, i think. I was composing, & my input suddenly disappeared as you described, and when i came back, found my partial post had already ¿published itself?  I edited to finish it..pls see above. 

Oh, I know how you're feeling only too well with the other stuff I'm waiting for... 

Luckily the pen that's waiting for it is on my desk, with it's little top open and ready to be fed! 

Of course, the way things are going, this will be the shipment that gets caught by customs!

Just today received a package of:

Parker Quink Black, bottle

Waterman Serenity Blue, bottle

Online Green, combo-cartridges 

Plus, a few days ago, large delivery of 10 inks, mostly Diamine, incl one of their inkvents, Season's Greetings, which is my first sheening ink.

Happy days! But now I have this luxury problem #pengeekproblem that all my pens are inked up and busy... and close to 15 new inks I'm itching to 'have a go at'...

Poor me. Boo hoo. 

😃 

58 minutes ago, Daneaxe said:

Just today received a package of:

Parker Quink Black, bottle

Waterman Serenity Blue, bottle

Online Green, combo-cartridges 

Plus, a few days ago, large delivery of 10 inks, mostly Diamine, incl one of their inkvents, Season's Greetings, which is my first sheening ink.

Happy days! But now I have this luxury problem #pengeekproblem that all my pens are inked up and busy... and close to 15 new inks I'm itching to 'have a go at'...

Poor me. Boo hoo. 

😃

Get yourself a dip pen and a few nibs - at least you can play with them then!

4 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

A bunch of PenBBS inks are still in limbo - some are due to be delivered in the next day or two though, and I don't think the others will be far behind. Quite looking forward to these - especially the second lot as it includes a long-anticipated  bottle of #390 Guilin. There's a pen sitting waiting for it!

And of course the inks that are part of an order I've been waiting for from the Netherlands for three months now...

Please let us know your impressions. I got my first two PenBBS inks - #390 Guilin and #391 Su Shi - a few weeks ago. I am impressed and curious to try more. 

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

14 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

Get yourself a dip pen and a few nibs - at least you can play with them then!

You are quite right, mizgeorge, I should do that - and I had actually forgotten, until you reminded me - I have a dip pen with a Flex-M nib!
Seems like I was looking for excuses, since I have so much (non-pen stuff) to do...
So thanks, miz, gonna dip the dipper and try some inks out... Soontm
:D

6 hours ago, pscrybe said:

I've got 4 inks from a Thai brand called Studio360 coming soon! Will likely review them over the next few weeks.

Cool! I am looking at the inks on their Shopee page right now. Looking forward to your reviews!

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

Three inks, all from Pen Boutique.

Ordered today:

• Kobe #6 Bordeaux
  • Sailor 50 States Oregon (green)

From a previous order last month, waiting on Taccia Ukiyo-e Ink Bottle - Utamaro-Usuzumi - 40 ml (Ver. 2). I didn't realize it was a pre-order for August, but no rush since they already shipped me the other items in that order. I have some other colors from this line I would like to get, too, but I will wait a few weeks I think, and then place an order for them from Vanness (I like to spread my orders around when I can).

1530169994_ScreenShot2021-07-19at3_25_32PM.thumb.png.a9ca929a3a7c84fa9e3cdf9c94cb9a11.png

goodness, those Taccia boxes really are so pretty. One of these days I'm going to treat myself to a couple of bottles just so I can look at them!

2 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

goodness, those Taccia boxes really are so pretty. One of these days I'm going to treat myself to a couple of bottles just so I can look at them!

Right? Like I needed another Black ink. 🤣

But I can't resist the packaging. (plus, the two Taccia inks I have used before were very nice)

I emailed Vanness, and Mike said he's expecting them around the end of July. 

Stipula Ferrogallica Sepia. And a 2nd bottle of Golden Beryl.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

From ebay and various shops:

Edelstein Onyx, Smoky Quartz

Vintage Quink Black, Blue-Black

Parker Superchrome Blue-Black

Montblanc 80 Days Blue, Conan Doyle Scarlet Red

My Golden Beryl finally arrived! I will post pictures in another forum once I ink something up.  It looks like pure gold in the bottle.  Not for use in all my Japanese Fs, I imagine!

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence