What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

1 hour ago, chromantic said:

I ordered Kobe #44 Sumaura Seaside Blue that I stumbled on by chance while looking for other inks based on just the swab shown on the ad, figured it might go good in the M205 blue. Kind of wish I'd actually checked the photo links in Saskia's review first but we'll see.

That is a nice ink. So its a win win. It does remind me of a Pilot ink, but I am not sure which one, or am I just imagining things.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

On 7/13/2020 at 1:58 AM, A Smug Dill said:

One word: perfectly. I'd give the guys at LCdC 11 out of 10 if I could.

The "tower" of goodies I received today brought me such delight (and alarmed my wife).

fpn_1594619759__lcdc_shipment_received_1

Wow...that's a lifetimes worth of "Smoky Quartz"!!
I thought I was doing something just buying two bottles...lol.

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

Having been fairly restrained and only picked up a few MB inks recently (in my defence, some were discounted, discontinued ones I'd been looking for), which came last week, I had a little slipup with a shopping basket at pure pens last night.

I blame my daughter, she asked for black ink (the one colour I don't have 57 varieties of) that would work with her regular pastel highlighters and had to give her a sample, which was pretty poor. So I thought I'd better get a couple, and one or two other things followed them...

On 12/25/2020 at 8:38 PM, Percy said:

Oh I know - I've seen so many great ink reviews just in the short time I've been on FPN and I feel like my ink wishlist has quadrupled in size! As for what's coming to my doorstep, I'm expecting: Amber, Ancient Copper, Apple Glory, China Blue, Claret, Cool Green, Deep Magenta, Havasu Turquoise, Imperial Purple, Oxblood, Scarlet, Violet, and Woodland Green (don't judge me - I had a coupon code!!! 😉 )

I don't know which color I'm most excited to try - maybe Cool Green or Havasu Turquoise? I'll have to start posting some reviews and swatches here too!

Finally received my massive Diamine haul today! :wub: I don't have a problem... This is a perfectly reasonable amount of ink to order in one sitting......... right?

IMG_8033.JPG

🐌 💌 📬 Snail mail enthusiast & ink swatching fiend. Trade inks with me here🎨🌈🖋️

round-letter-exc.pnground-ink-exc.png

19 minutes ago, Percy said:

This is a perfectly reasonable amount of ink to order in one setting......... right?

I ordered 35 bottles of Diamine ink from Cult Pens in one go, not so long ago. Gotta make the free international shipping threshold somehow!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I have NOS bottles of Quink with Solv-X Permanent Black and Permanent Blue-Black on the way from ebay, stuck in "In Transit Arriving Late" hell for 8 days now. 

I also have bottles of Superchrome Green and Black in the same status, for 11 days now. I regret ordering those two - they are to complete my collection of the 5 Superchromes, and I bought some cheap Chinese pens to use to play with the ink. But the pens were (bleep), and it's not like I'm putting these inks into a Vacumatic or a MB 320. When they finally arrive, I suspect I will put the "set" up on ebay. I wonder if these bottles have been floating around ebay from seller to seller for years?

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

I ordered 35 bottles of Diamine ink from Cult Pens in one go, not so long ago. Gotta make the free international shipping threshold somehow!

Oh my goodness!! I had a similar discount (10% off Diamine inks that were already on sale) and I just went ham to make the shipping threshold too. Unfortunately they sent me two bottles of one ink and missed another - but you won't catch me complaining! ;)  

2 hours ago, NumberSix said:

I have NOS bottles of Quink with Solv-X Permanent Black and Permanent Blue-Black on the way from ebay, stuck in "In Transit Arriving Late" hell for 8 days now. 

I also have bottles of Superchrome Green and Black in the same status, for 11 days now. I regret ordering those two - they are to complete my collection of the 5 Superchromes, and I bought some cheap Chinese pens to use to play with the ink. But the pens were (bleep), and it's not like I'm putting these inks into a Vacumatic or a MB 320. When they finally arrive, I suspect I will put the "set" up on ebay. I wonder if these bottles have been floating around ebay from seller to seller for years?

I know that pain. Doesn't it just make you wish the things you liked were available locally?
I have two Blue Dew flex nibs in transit from Singapore...the last two available for quite a while according to the maker. :( Customs...then slow USPS transfer...it will take longer than a month to arrive.

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

20 hours ago, Percy said:

Finally received my massive Diamine haul today! :wub: I don't have a problem... This is a perfectly reasonable amount of ink to order in one sitting......... right?

Well, they *are* small bottles.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

4 hours ago, Percy said:

Exactly. See? You get it. ;)

Of course, if you factor the price for ml, the larger 80 ml. bottles are more cost effective in the long run.  Because you don't have to reorder so often, and in the long run you probably save on shipping charges, and fewer delivery trucks are more environmentally friendly....  :rolleyes: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

But, Diamine ink is priced extremely low, so I would think people here will go crazy on the color offerings and buy an excessive amount of bottles. Which results in people not needing the large bottles to try out (too much ink). I have been a fountain pen user for 10 years now and only owned seven inks. However, last year I purchased a ton of ink, and now I am at 45-50ish bottles. So, the smaller Diamine bottles are ideal for me. I tend to use up the whole bottle before opening any more inks, and I keep about seven bottles open at all times. I blind buy bottles and no stinkers yet, except J. Herbin Bleu Azur.

There are not many inks I would consider ordering again when I run out. Except RK Alt-Goldrun, Sailor Chushu, Diamine Oxblood, Sailor Yamadori, Pelikan  Edelstein Aquamarine, RK Sepia, RK Bordeaux.

1 hour ago, inkstainedruth said:

Of course, if you factor the price for ml, the larger 80 ml. bottles are more cost effective in the long run.  Because you don't have to reorder so often, and in the long run you probably save on shipping charges, and fewer delivery trucks are more environmentally friendly....  :rolleyes: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I'm still new and figuring out what sorts of inks/colors I like - the 30ml is the perfect size for me because I can get a sense of the way the ink looks and behaves while still having some left over to exchange in samples etc. and I can work through them quickly in case I don't like the color and decide not to repurchase! :)

I worry about packaging and all that too. Luckily my partner is constantly shipping things for their work and is always in need of boxes of all shapes and sizes and packing material, too! I just gave them a nice stack of boxes that they'll turn around and reuse. :wub:

2 hours ago, Percy said:

I'm still new and figuring out what sorts of inks/colors I like - the 30ml is the perfect size for me

I'm well past that point, having bought more than 300 different inks from retailers and with almost 400 (retail product) bottles of that, and still I think that, for the trivial difference in price-per-ml between 30ml bottles and 80ml bottles from Cult Pens (especially when discounted, and with ‘free’ international shipping to Australia — as it would also be the case to USA), I think the 30ml size is better for me as a user, while also making it easier to reach the £70 free shipping threshold for the order without exceeding the weight limit for free delivery by Royal Mail.

I have yet to finish any 30ml bottle of Diamine ink I have. Most of my bottles are still at >80%, and there are two fountain pen users in my household.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

I have yet to finish any 30ml bottle of Diamine ink I have. Most of my bottles are still at >80%, and there are two fountain pen users in my household.

Wow, really? Working through ink bottles that slowly, have you ever had any mold or evaporation problems?

Personally, I'm already almost finished with my 30ml bottle of Steel Blue. It's the first ink I've considered repurchasing in the 80ml bottle - I just think the color is so gorgeous! Same goes for Jade Green. If I find an ink that perfectly matches a pen's body color (as both of those do for me), there's a good chance the bottle will be empty before I know it! 

40 minutes ago, Percy said:

Working through ink bottles that slowly, have you ever had any mold or evaporation problems?

Not that I've seen. Most of my 50ml bottles of Pilot Iroshizuku inks from 2013 are still more than half-full, and the clear bottles for those are easier to see through than Diamine's 30ml bottles. :)

I received an old bottle of ink once before....nasty experience....hopefully never again.
Disinfected the whole room after that mess. Ugh...gives me the willies just seeing it again.

Disgusting-1.jpg

Disgusting-2.jpg

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

Could be Sailor Bungubox Ink of the Witch that my brother bought for me after I balked at the shipping charge being higher than the ink price. 

Ink of the Witch was unavailable in the search results.  I figured I’d wait for stocking to catch up with everything. Love of siblings is a wonderful thing. 

Posted Image

5 hours ago, Detman101 said:

I received an old bottle of ink once before....nasty experience....hopefully never again.
Disinfected the whole room after that mess. Ugh...gives me the willies just seeing it again.

Disgusting-1.jpg

Disgusting-2.jpg

Yikes!  I think I’ll open the bottle of Mulberry Noir I have not opened yet, yo make sure it doesn’t look like your ink. I can see why you got the willies. 

Posted Image

10 hours ago, Detman101 said:

Oh no no no no. Noooo thank you. I would've disinfected the whole room, too! 😰