What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

That's quite a range you've got on order. I have tried a few of those. I really like Oxford Blue; Salix and Scabiosa are IG inks, but don't have a lot of the IG content in them (Salix stays pretty blue; not that enamored of Scabiosa). Waterman Mysterious Blue is more teal leaning than some blue-blacks (even looking green on some papers and out of some nibs -- which confused the heck out of people in my local pen club one time B)), and has zero water resistance, but is well behaved, and is really safe for vintage pens (I ran it in my Parker Vacumatic Red Shadow Wave for over three years without flushing it or doing any nib flossing or anything -- just refilled the pen as needed).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

So I did place the order :gaah: .Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine, Jade Green, Smoky Quartz, Olivine, Tanzanite, and Topaz.

That's quite a range you've got on order. I have tried a few of those. I really like Oxford Blue; Salix and Scabiosa are IG inks, but don't have a lot of the IG content in them (Salix stays pretty blue; not that enamored of Scabiosa). Waterman Mysterious Blue is more teal leaning than some blue-blacks (even looking green on some papers and out of some nibs -- which confused the heck out of people in my local pen club one time B)), and has zero water resistance, but is well behaved, and is really safe for vintage pens (I ran it in my Parker Vacumatic Red Shadow Wave for over three years without flushing it or doing any nib flossing or anything -- just refilled the pen as needed).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

While it's a mixed bag, you can see I have a preference towards dark teals that lean blue (or green leaning blue blacks!). Regarding the Waterman Mysterious Blue, you hit the nail on the head- it's so safe in vintage pens, just like Serenity Blue. I'm quite happy the three IG inks on that list are all quite low on IG content, so I'd feel safe using them in the majority of my pens.

I would much rather replace Olivine with Smoky Quartz, and Onyx with Garnet. But those are sold out on Cultpens.

So I did place the order :gaah: .Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine, Jade Green, Smoky Quartz, Olivine, Tanzanite, and Topaz.

So you had some luck securing some bottles of Smoky Quartz after all. :)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Lots of Rohrer and Klingner - Sepia, 2019 LE Kastanienbraun and Sketchink Thea.

I'm ordering from La Couronne du Comte in the Netherlands (for the first time) because I couldn't find an Australian retailer stocking this brand which has all of these colours and the R&K pen cleaner as well. It's shipping DHL too so I guess it's going to be pretty quick... So exciting, I've only ever had ordinary post from anywhere. :)

Will work for pens... :unsure:

I got an email from Cult Pens yesterday afternoon saying my Pelikan 4001 Blue Black had arrived and was being shipped. Have seen the tracking and it has left the UK.....

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I am amazed. My package from The Netherlands via DHL is in Western Australia already! It arrived last night. That's like: two days! Now the big question is how long for customs and on to it's metro delivery address? (Not having it come to my house out in the countryside cos that part is quicker done by family.)

Will work for pens... :unsure:

I am amazed. My package from The Netherlands via DHL is in Western Australia already! It arrived last night. That's like: two days!

Wow, that's quicker even than sending to Sydney!

Now the big question is how long for customs and on to it's metro delivery address? (Not having it come to my house out in the countryside cos that part is quicker done by family.)

A day or so?

Smart move getting it delivered to a metro address. :)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I'm waiting for 4 bottles inks from Birmingham Pen Co. On order is Coking Coal, Locomotive, Weathered Brick and Aluminum Oxide. Not sure why it's taking so long to ship.

From across the way, a Pilot Myu is coming in, as is a Pilot Custom Black Stripe. The Black Stripe has been waiting to be partnered with another pen to make the DHL shipping fee economically sensible. Hopefully I'll have them both by next week.

So you had some luck securing some bottles of Smoky Quartz after all. :)

Yes. I been wanting to expand my brown ink selection for some time now. My packaged arrived today, but I have yet to ink a pen with Smoke Quartz. I am waiting to empty the J Herbin Cafe De Les ink from my m400 brown tortoise.

Tanzanite is very close to Pelikan BlueBlack, but now I can use a blueback in xxf custom grind steel pelikan nib (more like xxf if such nib length exist) without the feedback I was getting with BlueBlack.

Overall. A happy purchase.

Yes. I been wanting to expand my brown ink selection for some time now. My packaged arrived today, but I have yet to ink a pen with Smoke Quartz. I am waiting to empty the J Herbin Cafe De Les ink from my m400 brown tortoise.

Tanzanite is very close to Pelikan BlueBlack, but now I can use a blueback in xxf custom grind steel pelikan nib (more like xxf if such nib length exist) without the feedback I was getting with BlueBlack.

Overall. A happy purchase.

Great that your package arrived. Have you tried out the Jade yet? I would be interested in your impressions.

(Technically, I'm not waiting for these any more, but I was up until an hour ago, so I hope that's all right...)

A bottle of Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black

Eight "surprise me" samples from Goulet Pens.

I now officially have Too Many Samples, and need to go sit in a corner and write until I've used...a lot of them.

The "surprise me" samples were:

Noodler's Bad Black Moccasin

Noodler's Black Eel

Monteverde DC Supershow Blue

Monteverde Blue/Black

Robert Oster Deep Sea

De Atramentis Silver Grey

Lamy Agate

Herbin Ambre de Baltique

This set of twelve 15ml gold-sparkle inks made by Tianjin Ostrich-Ink Co. to use with dip pens. This will be more first experience with sparkle ink.

Ostrich seems to have versions with and without gold sparkle but, regardless, these appear to be different colors from the set in
Mech-for-i's thread from a couple years ago .

http://my-test-11.slatic.net/p/c9c83ff10be300a58862f82a6f2f8795.jpg

Edited by PithyProlix

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

Great that your package arrived. Have you tried out the Jade yet? I would be interested in your impressions.

Its a really nice color. Nice balance between wet and dry. Almost reminds me of Sailor Shikiori inks. I would not hesitate to purchase again. Although, I feel that the color isn't unique, by unique, I mean that I am sure there is a cheaper alternative from another manufacturer.

I split between Moonstone. I like the color, but I feel that the feedback in a m800 ef nib is a bit too much. It does remind me of writing with a #2 pencil, so maybe for uniqueness I may purchase another bottle.

Overall, I enjoy the Edelstein line.

Edited by TitoThePencilPimp

I split between Moonstone. I like the color, but I feel that the feedback in a m800 ef nib is a bit too much. It does remind me of writing with a #2 pencil,

So use a different pen, or modify the nib that isn't giving you the user experience you're comfortable with, if the colour of Edelstein Moonstone is what you want on the page. These days I have no qualms using emery boards and micro-mesh on even gold Pelikan and Aurora nibs that disagree with me for one reason or another. If you always prefer smooth, then there is no harm in making the EF nib on your M800 ultra-smooth; and if you don't trust your own skills, being in the US you have ready access to many nibmeisters of repute.

Hi all,

Three have been released from the Birmingham Jail:

Electron, Waterfront Dusk and Boiler Steam. Hopefully they'll arrive today. :D

- Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

So use a different pen, or modify the nib that isn't giving you the user experience you're comfortable with, if the colour of Edelstein Moonstone is what you want on the page. These days I have no qualms using emery boards and micro-mesh on even gold Pelikan and Aurora nibs that disagree with me for one reason or another. If you always prefer smooth, then there is no harm in making the EF nib on your M800 ultra-smooth; and if you don't trust your own skills, being in the US you have ready access to many nibmeisters of repute.

I am aware of smoothing pens. However, this nib writes to my ideal specifications with any other ink in my collection. So I would not want to mess with a nib, that I believe is perfect. The Moonstone ink was only purchased to fill this m800 which is a Stresemann.

It is still smooth, but writes like a Sailor. Which I do not mind. But I would like my Pelikans to write like Pelikans and my Sailors to write like Sailors.

I will pretend that it is a number #2 pencil, or a Sailor.