What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

8 hours ago, The Mustard said:

Is there any ink manufacturer that gives more you bang for your buck than Diamine? I don’t think so..

Hero, for one. 50ml–60ml bottles of Hero ink can often been seen listed on AliExpress at sub-US$2 prices (exclusive of delivery fees and tax). Even with having to pay much higher international shipping charges (for whichever method is available as an option) to Australia than two years ago, I can still get six 60ml bottles of Hero 232 Blue-Black iron-gall ink delivered for about US$27 all up (including 10% Australian GST).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

I don't want to undermine my fabulous US Ink suppliers, but Diamine inks are so much cheaper in the UK than the US and they have a maximum cap of £10 on international shipping that for larger orders, say the 10 or 12 80ml bottles that I sometimes order for school (the heavy, broad based glass bottles are ideal for student use, almost regardless of the ink!) it really is worth going direct.

I think in the US (and elsewhere) inks are in the "luxury" market, wheras in some other cultures they are more everyday items or craftsman's tools?

Mind you, Birmingham Pens and Noodlers are some of the more affordable inks over here, so maybe it's just tax on imports?

Did some retail therapy.

Nagasawa Kobe Arima Amber

Nagasawa Kobe Suma Purple

Akkerman SBRE Brown

Robert Oster Australis Tea

Robert Oster Crocodile Green

Robert Oster Havasu Falls

Robert Oster Monsoon Clouds

Ferris Wheel Press Autumn in Auburn

Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki-shikibu

Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa

Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-same

Pilot Iroshizuku Ina-ho

Pilot Iroshizuku Tsukushi

Pilot Iroshizuku Kosumosu

Pilot Iroshizuku Shimbashi-iro 

Pilot Iroshizuku Edo-murasaki 

Pilot Iroshizuku Fukugawa-nezu

Maruzen Athena Nihombashi Akane

Pen and Message Fuyu-gare 

I took advantage of the Cult Pens 15% off on most inks offer, so now have 19 bottles of various inks on order. How exciting! Only a few hours left if anyone's still looking for some bargains (their Inktober sale ends tomorrow at Noon, I think).

at my age anyone

On 10/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, KB3K said:

a myth to the young. 

21 hours ago, KB3K said:

I don’t think the average teen spends much time there.

One of those relative things.  At my age 30 is young.

Add lightness and simplicate.

1 hour ago, mizgeorge said:

I took advantage of the Cult Pens 15% off on most inks offer, so now have 19 bottles of various inks on order. How exciting! Only a few hours left if anyone's still looking for some bargains (their Inktober sale ends tomorrow at Noon, I think).

Me too! Spent a really enjoyable hour or with my daughter choosing some inks that we felt added to our collection and in the end and after much debate plumped for:

Diamine - Denim, Onyx Black and Sargasso Sea

Robert Oster - Golden Brown, Lake Of Fire, Peppermint and Thunderstorm

and a new brand for us, Rohrer Klingner's Verdigris

8 hours ago, VivaTerlingua said:

Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki-shikibu

Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa

Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-same

Pilot Iroshizuku Ina-ho

Pilot Iroshizuku Tsukushi

Pilot Iroshizuku Kosumosu

Pilot Iroshizuku Shimbashi-iro 

Pilot Iroshizuku Edo-murasaki 

Pilot Iroshizuku Fukugawa-nezu

Why'd you omit Yama-budo?  Seems like it would match with your taste.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

6 hours ago, essayfaire said:

Why'd you omit Yama-budo?  Seems like it would match with your taste.

Oh I do love Yama-budo, those were just the last Iroshizuku inks missing from my collection (plus one backup bottle of my beloved but discontinued Tsukushi).

Just received my order of Akkerman Inks from the official website.

SBRE BROWN

DELFTS BLUE

SHOCKING BLUE

HOPJES BRUIN

VOORHORT? (PURPLE).

Wont be able to ink any pens with my new ink till next week. Too busy with work to clean my pens :(.

2 hours ago, TitoThePencilPimp said:

Just received my order of Akkerman Inks from the official website.

SBRE BROWN

DELFTS BLUE

SHOCKING BLUE

HOPJES BRUIN

VOORHORT? (PURPLE).

Wont be able to ink any pens with my new ink till next week. Too busy with work to clean my pens :(.

What? No red?

How do you like the bottles?

I'm not waiting any more :)

That's quick!

My completist tendencies got the better of me, so when I saw Platinum Classic Ink Sepia Black offer on Amazon for (very slightly) less than how much it would cost me to get it from Cult Pens in spite of the 15%-off selected inks and 10%-off site-wide discounts stacked, I ordered it. (Otherwise I probably would have ordered enough Platinum ink from Cult Pens, just to qualify for free international shipping as well as another ‘free’ bottle of Platinum Blue-Black ink.)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

That's quick!

My completist tendencies got the better of me, so when I saw Platinum Classic Ink Sepia Black offer on Amazon for (very slightly) less than how much it would cost me to get it from Cult Pens in spite of the 15%-off selected inks and 10%-off site-wide discounts stacked, I ordered it. (Otherwise I probably would have ordered enough Platinum ink from Cult Pens, just to qualify for free international shipping as well as another ‘free’ bottle of Platinum Blue-Black ink.)

That moratorium's going well then... Or does it not count if there's not a pen or six in there?

That moratorium's going well then... Or does it not count if there's not a pen or six in there?

I've already failed in every way. A HongDian N1-S pen; forty Clairefontaine 'Age Bag' 192-page A4 notebooks for $2 each; and now a bottle of ink too. Still, if @sirgilbert357 had indeed made that bet with me that I couldn't hold out for even a month, I would have won, haha!

On 10/15/2021 at 7:43 AM, IlikeInksandIcannotlie said:

3 Oysters Min Cobalt and R&K Sepia.

The R&K Sepia is a very nice ink, is a nice sepia shade as advertised, is water-resistant(Grey ink washes off, but brown  remains) and is very resistant to bleach. The Min Cobalt is a nice deep blue with some vibrancy, mostly washes off paper but leaves a purplish component.

3 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

I've already failed in every way. A HongDian N1-S pen; forty Clairefontaine 'Age Bag' 192-page A4 notebooks for $2 each; and now a bottle of ink too. Still, if @sirgilbert357 had indeed made that bet with me that I couldn't hold out for even a month, I would have won, haha!

LOL! You might have got away with pen and one bottle of ink, but 40 notebooks? Not sure you can do the "what these old things - I've been waiting for them for ages" trick with them. (In spite of the name).

FPR is having a Halloween sale, so I ordered a couple of big Indian eyedroppers and a bunch of ink. 

• FPR Inks:  Blue-Black, Royal Flush Blue, and Firecracker Red
  • Diamine Inks: 150th Blood Orange, 150th Blue Velvet, Inkvent Noel

This ink is all new to me except maybe Blue Velvet and Noel - I think I have had samples of those, but I am not 100%.

1 hour ago, NgunnawalJack said:

At mine, perhaps 40 is young?

I’m forty, and I consider forty to be young, in ten years I’ll probably consider fifty to be young.