What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Montblanc Kipling Jungle green from Pen Boutique.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

2 hours ago, NumberSix said:

Iroshizuku!

Bottles:  Take-sumi, Momiji

Samples:  Yama-budo, Tsukushi, Shin-kai, Kon-peki, Asa-gao, Shin-ryoku

Except for Shin-kai, the samples will all be first timers for me. 

Beautiful inks!

Yama-budo is amazing. May I suggest Tsutsuji as next sample? 🙂

Check out my website about Photography and Ink-making: WWW.LOKE.BE

Just when I thought I was done buying inks the delightful and dastardly @namrehsnoom posts a review of the enticing Yamabukiiro fpn_yikes.gif.b499802fd047e3929db5b6dd617991cf.gif

Add lightness and simplicate.

12 minutes ago, Karmachanic said:

Just when I thought I was done buying inks the delightful and dastardly @namrehsnoom posts a review of the enticing Yamabukiiro fpn_yikes.gif.b499802fd047e3929db5b6dd617991cf.gif

Which can even be easily bought in the UK for once ;)

1 hour ago, Loke said:

Beautiful inks!

Yama-budo is amazing. May I suggest Tsutsuji as next sample? 🙂

That one is more pink/magenta than Momiji, which is a red with a lot of pink overtones? (I love Momiji)

It looks gorgeous in pictures. I will try it! I need to try the two Iroshizuku oranges, as well. 

51 minutes ago, NumberSix said:

That one is more pink/magenta than Momiji, which is a red with a lot of pink overtones? (I love Momiji)

It looks gorgeous in pictures. I will try it! I need to try the two Iroshizuku oranges, as well. 

More pink and vibrant indeed with nice gold/green sheen.

I have the Fuyu-Gaki in orange which is bold and bright, somewhat similar to Krishna Halloween Orange.

On 6/18/2021 at 11:31 PM, Paul-in-SF said:

I haven't been buying ink because I have too much for me to ever use, but I sent away for three samples of shimmer ink, my first ever. Diamine Blue Pearl, Diamine Enchanted Ocean, and J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor. Plus a broad nib for the Lamy Vista that I was going to sell, to test them out in. I guess I thought I would try to see what all the excitement is about. 

I have very few shimmers, but Emeraude de Chivor is one of them; it is worth waiting for! It's a great match with my Diplomat Aero in green.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Quite a few stockists now - including Hamilton Pens, Fred Aldous, Heaton Cooper, The Journal Shop and others - I tend to use the first of these. 

10 hours ago, NumberSix said:

Iroshizuku!

Bottles:  Take-sumi, Momiji

Samples:  Yama-budo, Tsukushi, Shin-kai, Kon-peki, Asa-gao, Shin-ryoku

Except for Shin-kai, the samples will all be first timers for me. 

Some good choices.  Yama-budo and Koń-peki are two inks I would NEVER want to be without.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I ordered a bottle of MV Sapphire today as my current one is less than half full now. A little surprising as Sapphire is not a color I'm normally drawn to but the MV is very dark and pure blue with no hint of purple. I'm using it in two pens, my 150 and a Lyra rollerball; the Lyra uses a long int'l. cart, that's ~3ml every refill from a 30ml bottle, so perhaps not surprising after all.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I kind of went a little overboard because of the price of Diamine inks ordered from Great Britain. I ordered 21 from Cult Pens.

I also ordered 4 from Birmingham Pens because Solar Storm, a Nemosine ink, was for sale. 

Edited to add close to half of the inks from the Cult Pens order will be gifts.  And changed it for clarity. 

Posted Image

19 hours ago, Daneaxe said:

I made an order a few days ago with Pure Pens (UK), who have a very good selcetion & price, especially on Diamine inks...
So I ordered 2 handfuls of them (aka ten), including my first purchased sheening ink and a few accessories.

We'll see what customs & VAT mount up to when they arrive, since the UK are now officially out of the EU.

:(

Stay safe,
Daneaxe

Hej hej Daneaxe,

Would be curious about that extra cost (customs and VAT), could you let us know?

Ordered from Cult Pens recently and all was included in the initial price but there are some OS inks at Pure Pens that are tempting...

Thanks!

8 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

Quite a few stockists now - including Hamilton Pens, Fred Aldous, Heaton Cooper, The Journal Shop and others - I tend to use the first of these. 

Thank you. I asked because Royal Mail is generally very reasonable to here (Thailand) but it looks like I can get them for a little less direct from TAG, shipped. 

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

44 minutes ago, Loke said:

Hej hej Daneaxe,

Would be curious about that extra cost (customs and VAT), could you let us know?

Ordered from Cult Pens recently and all was included in the initial price but there are some OS inks at Pure Pens that are tempting...

Thanks!

Hello Loke,
It's pretty simple and aggravating...
Cost is 75 SEK handling fee plus MOMS/VAT of 25% of value of package, which makes a small order prohibitively expensive.
At the going exchange rate, that's about 10 € added to your order, depending on size...
😕
Makes you want to gang up and share expense with a friend, reduce the cost for each.
:)

3 hours ago, Daneaxe said:

Hello Loke,
It's pretty simple and aggravating...
Cost is 75 SEK handling fee plus MOMS/VAT of 25% of value of package, which makes a small order prohibitively expensive.
At the going exchange rate, that's about 10 € added to your order, depending on size...
😕
Makes you want to gang up and share expense with a friend, reduce the cost for each.
:)

Thanks for the answer.

Looks like a good idea to split the costs indeed.

Consider yourself lucky though, handling fees in Belgium are 24 euros for small value packages 🙂

13 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Some good choices.  Yama-budo and Koń-peki are two inks I would NEVER want to be without.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I figured it was finally time I did a test between Kon-peki and Asa-gao, before buying a full bottle of one (or probably both, when it's all said and done).

Later yesterday, I was ordering a TWSBI Vac MIni on Goulet, and I ended up adding a bottle of Sailor Studio 740, which looks like a similar lovely blue. 

On 6/18/2021 at 8:31 PM, Paul-in-SF said:

I haven't been buying ink because I have too much for me to ever use, but I sent away for three samples of shimmer ink, my first ever. Diamine Blue Pearl, Diamine Enchanted Ocean, and J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor. Plus a broad nib for the Lamy Vista that I was going to sell, to test them out in. I guess I thought I would try to see what all the excitement is about. 

So far I am underwhelmed. The samples arrived today and I have tried Emerald of Chivor on Rhodia paper. I shook up the sample, loaded the pen, agitated the pen gently, and proceeded to write. Nothing sparkly happened. It's a pretty color, and there is shading, but no shimmer with a broad nib. So I took a swab, dipped it in the sample, and made a big splooge across the page, and yes, there was shimmer. But I don't write with a Q-tip, and I was really hoping to see at least a little shimmer in my writing. I'll try the other two of course. At least I didn't spend very much on it. (Also wondering if the seller shook up the bottle before extracting the sample; of course, I have no idea how they really make samples, but I assumed it was a syringe so they know how much they're putting in.) By the way, does shimmer fade over time? It seems like less in the swatch now than there was an hour ago. 

8 minutes ago, Paul-in-SF said:

So far I am underwhelmed. The samples arrived today and I have tried Emerald of Chivor on Rhodia paper. I shook up the sample, loaded the pen, agitated the pen gently, and proceeded to write. Nothing sparkly happened. It's a pretty color, and there is shading, but no shimmer with a broad nib. So I took a swab, dipped it in the sample, and made a big splooge across the page, and yes, there was shimmer. But I don't write with a Q-tip, and I was really hoping to see at least a little shimmer in my writing. I'll try the other two of course. At least I didn't spend very much on it. (Also wondering if the seller shook up the bottle before extracting the sample; of course, I have no idea how they really make samples, but I assumed it was a syringe so they know how much they're putting in.) By the way, does shimmer fade over time? It seems like less in the swatch now than there was an hour ago. 

I do not have Emerald de Chivor, but I don't tend to see shimmer when using Amethyste de l'Oural, even on Rhodia and with a broader nib.    

On 6/20/2021 at 12:50 PM, Just J said:

As I will be, soon's i can get an order together.  I didn't even know Noodler (or anyone, for that matter) had such a hue until yesterday, when I saw it as a 'suggestion' based on another I was checking out, and tho I use very little Red & already have a couple, it's already awaiting me in my shopping cart.  I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to get something commemorative of one of my greatest personal heroes, remembering all those years ago when he stood down that tank column as I sat there riveted to my tv set, in complete awe of his bravery! 

Finally, I received the Tiananmen ink today.

2021-06-23 17.35.02.jpg

2021-06-24 02.07.08.jpg

Lonely Boy

http://blog.hmlai.com/