What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Should have these next week:

KWZ Dromgoole's Exclusive Discovery Green (another sheen ink)

Dromgoole's Noodler's Churchill's True Blue Anti-Fascist (that's a mouthful)

Both looked too interesting to pass up when I put in an order earlier today.

I could have sworn I picked up a bottle of the Churchill True Blue last fall at the Noodler's table at the Commonwealth Pen Show. But what I've done with it since? Anyone's guess. So looking forward to the review.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Two bottles each of Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa and Sailor's Sailor.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Pilot Blue Black, because I was excited to ink up the new Emperor with it and bummed to discover it comes with Blue. No, the ink in the package was not a deciding factor on the pen :-)

Pelikan Violet and Edelstein Tanzanite. A spur of the moment thing: while ordering my first Pelikan pen I figured it would be reasonable to get my first couple of Pelikan inks at the same time. Saves on shipping, right?

Edelstein Tanzanite

The box says "Extra soft ink". I've said "meh, marketing", then filled my pen & understood what they've meant.

It's indeed an extra soft ink with lovely color.

The box says "Extra soft ink". I've said "meh, marketing", then filled my pen & understood what they've meant.

It's indeed an extra soft ink with lovely color.

Not sure what to think of that but I'll find out soon. The pen has been back-ordered for two+ months and to be honest I have no recollection of why I picked those two inks other than being Pelikan. I might have spent time reading reviews and decided they met my interest du jour. Or maybe it was just a brief moment of "ooh pretty" while scrolling through swabs on that vendor's web site.

Not sure what to think of that but I'll find out soon. The pen has been back-ordered for two+ months and to be honest I have no recollection of why I picked those two inks other than being Pelikan. I might have spent time reading reviews and decided they met my interest du jour. Or maybe it was just a brief moment of "ooh pretty" while scrolling through swabs on that vendor's web site.

If you don't mind, what's the name of your new (or first) bird?

Pelikan Violet also looks nice. I have a bottle but didn't try that one yet. I also have a m205 Olivine sitting in its box but, I want to empty a couple of pens first to fill it with something. :)

A bottle of Diamine's Lion Rock, a Hong Kong exclusive from a US Seller on Ebay.

I had watched the ink for a bit & thought about it until I realised they were down to the last bottle they had on offer. It seemed like the time for another dark brown ink & with metallic green sheen. I know it will arrive more promptly from within the US that trying to find a Seller in Hong Kong!

This PenBBS shimmer ink:
Hab6fc6a07f7d4454824558ff6dc82120A.jpg
Source: AliExpress

I can't wait to see it next to Diamine Arabian Nights, which seems to lack the separation (shading?) of blue-black and purple-black.

A bottle of Diamine's Lion Rock, a Hong Kong exclusive

That looks like a very attractive colour, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay exorbitant shipping charges when I heard about the ink being a shop- or regional exclusive not obtainable from outlets such as Cult Pens (with free shipping, if you order enough stuff in one go) or Fountainfeder.eu (with reasonable international shipping charges, even if applying 19% local VAT regardless to the price of exports isn't reasonable).

I struggled internally badly enough to pull the trigger on my recent purchase of the PenBBS inks, given the per-bottle price is now more expensive than I paid last year, and now I don't get the benefit of 'free' shipping included in the price — but the world has changed greatly since (though not Cult Pens's terms and offers, nor the base price of most Diamine inks).

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Pelikan Violet and Edelstein Tanzanite. A spur of the moment thing: while ordering my first Pelikan pen I figured it would be reasonable to get my first couple of Pelikan inks at the same time. Saves on shipping, right?

I think you'll like both of those. I know I certainly do.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Looks like Pen Chalet has changed their ink points program from a $20 bottle of ink to just a $20 discount on the next order. Works for me! I cashed in may credits and ordered:

• Quink Blue, Black, and Blue-Black
  • Waterman Serenity Blue, Brown
  • Waterman Black, Mysterious Blue samples - to get up to free shipping

Needed to restock some essentials. The only ones I have not tried are the Waterman Black and Brown, so I am looking forward to those.

I just tried Monteverde Brown Sugar (by dipping a pen only and not properly filling it). Looks somewhat like De Atramentis J.S. Bach,

Hmm. De Atramentis Bach is apparently relabeled De Atramentis Ebony, which (according to their website) appears to be a deep burgundy red/brown. Is that what Monteverde Brown Sugar is like?

I was wrong. Monteverde Brown Sugar is more like Diamine Bach from the Music set, and less like De Atramentis J.S. Bach. Still a good colour.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/279274-inky-t-o-d-color-swatches-brown-please-post-your-pictures-and-tell-us-your-thoughts/?p=4360067

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Just ordered two 62.5 ml bottles of Pelikan 4001 Blue Black from Cult Pens. My current bottle is getting rather low.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Placed an order at Shigure Inks for Sailor Manyo Haha, Vinta Julio, Sirena and Perya. I am on the pastels train. Also I am going through a Grey moment and I might need to get some samples.

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

In addition to the inks from EU that I bought on 9 May that still hasn't shipped, I have an unopened bottle of Montblanc's IG Blue Black due this week. So, there is that...

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Last weekend, lCdC received my order for

- coupon to fill a 30ml bottle with any Herbin at their shop

- Les Couleurs du Comte Surprise ink

- KWZ green #3

- Noodler's Aircorp Blue Black

- Noodler's Apache Sunset

- Noodler's Zhivago

- Diamine Scribble Purple

(oh, and a pen of course :D )

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Taccia Ukiyo-e SabiMidori

Sailor nano-pigment Kiwa Guro

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

So much for, "I have enough inks. I'll never need to buy anymore!"

I just ordered:

1. Jacques Herbin 350 Vert Atlantide

2. Cult Pens Iridescink Henry

3. KWZ Sheen Machine Blue

4. KWZ Sheen Machine Green

5. Pelikan Edelstein Moonstone

That will bring me up 238 bottles. Please help me rationalize this!