What ink(s) are you waiting for in the mail?

dizzypen

Yup, very excited! I didn't expect to have a chance to see either before year end, but now they're on their way to me..

The ones you mentioned are also quite interesting, I am looking them up now.. BSB apparently got a lot of press/paparazzi mentions lol let us know how that goes for you..

Speaking of which, what's its allure btw? The colour seems to be easily matched by many other companies no?

For me, the BSB allure is the intensity of the color! On a good white paper, with a flexible nib pen, that color absolutely POPS off the page. And it dries very quickly on the paper I use. It's gorgeous!! (You realize I'm setting you up to get yet another color, lolol!) :D

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• PithyProlix

• mizgeorge

Just this morning I was determined to hold off on buying new bottles for a while because they've taken over my drawers and drained my pen fund, but after reading Ellina's review of the new Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey, I caved... Order placed and counting down to the first fill...

For me, the BSB allure is the intensity of the color! On a good white paper, with a flexible nib pen, that color absolutely POPS off the page. And it dries very quickly on the paper I use. It's gorgeous!! (You realize I'm setting you up to get yet another color, lolol!) :D

Definitely J. Herbin Storm Grey will be on my wish list after that last review we saw. Do you have Rouille D'Ancre? How's that like?

Saw some more screenshots of the BSB and it does look striking, can imagine why the excitement- but for the time being I don't do 'blues' unless it is blue-black :D Had MB Royal Blue bottle sitting looking pretty for a little over 7 years now

What stores are letting you preorder the J. Herbin Storm Grey??

I think penboutique.com but I am not sure. I am out in Dubai so it's very unlikely I'll have my hands on this within 2014 lol

Says it'll be available late October though.

Should anyone need MORE ink to wait for...PenBoutique has the Iroshizuku inks on sale for $28 bottle. (I think I paid a lot more!)

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Should anyone need MORE ink to wait for...PenBoutique has the Iroshizuku inks on sale for $28 bottle. (I think I paid a lot more!)

In the UK where I usually get my ink the Iroshizuku was selling for $58! I ordered it three days ago from GouletPens for $28 I think after someone offered to have it delivered to their home in NY and flying with it to me in Dubai :)

Three bottles of Akkerman from a recent group buy. Diep-Duinwaterblauw, China Town Red, and Hofkwartier Groen.

Let us know how the Hofkwartier Goen is....I have been wanting that color forever!

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

In the UK where I usually get my ink the Iroshizuku was selling for $58! I ordered it three days ago from GouletPens for $28 I think after someone offered to have it delivered to their home in NY and flying with it to me in Dubai :)

If you keep your eyes open you can find some real deals on Iroshizuku. I like to give my ink business to Brian and Rachel Goulet but I stumbled across someone in California who had a few bottles for $19.95 with free shipping. One of the colors was Yama-guri and a bottle should be here tomorrow. I have also noticed that a few sellers in Japan sell for about $20 with free shipping. You just have to be willing to sift through a lot of listings to find these deals. I don't know about shipping to Dubai, but it's worth a look.

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

If you keep your eyes open you can find some real deals on Iroshizuku. I like to give my ink business to Brian and Rachel Goulet but I stumbled across someone in California who had a few bottles for $19.95 with free shipping. One of the colors was Yama-guri and a bottle should be here tomorrow. I have also noticed that a few sellers in Japan sell for about $20 with free shipping. You just have to be willing to sift through a lot of listings to find these deals. I don't know about shipping to Dubai, but it's worth a look.

You're absolutely right. We get everything here in Dubai but you'd be paying luxury prices and so used to wait until I am back in second home in London to buy, but that's not cheap either at £35+shipping. Recently started going for those deals you mention, ordering from the US to friends addresses for them to bring me later.

Ordered a bottle of Diamine Bilberry a bit ago - definitely my favorite ink!

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

Woo hoo! Not 'waiting' - my order from Goulet arrived today. As I was just starting with fountain pens, my last order was just a small set of ink samples. This time, I picked up a few bottles of my favorites, plus some samples to find others I think I might like.

bottles:

Noodler's Liberty Elysium, Diamine Ancient Copper, Diamine Red Dragon, R&K Scabiosa

(Yea! - I finally have something to offer in the Sample Exchange.)

samples:

Aurora Black

Diamine Sherwood Green, Noodler's Green Marine,

Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses (to try the new version)

Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses,

R&K Salix, Diamine Denim

Pilot Iroshizuku Aso-Gao

(Now I just wish I had more pens. It's going to take forever to get to try all these unless I start de-inking them instead of using up what I load.)

Woo hoo! Not 'waiting' - my order from Goulet arrived today. As I was just starting with fountain pens, my last order was just a small set of ink samples. This time, I picked up a few bottles of my favorites, plus some samples to find others I think I might like.

bottles:

Noodler's Liberty Elysium, Diamine Ancient Copper, Diamine Red Dragon, R&K Scabiosa

(Yea! - I finally have something to offer in the Sample Exchange.)

samples:

Aurora Black

Diamine Sherwood Green, Noodler's Green Marine,

Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses (to try the new version)

Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses,

R&K Salix, Diamine Denim

Pilot Iroshizuku Aso-Gao

(Now I just wish I had more pens. It's going to take forever to get to try all these unless I start de-inking them instead of using up what I load.)

You could always invest in a dip pen if you don't have one already. Sometimes I just really feel like using an ink, but don't have an empty pen or want to fill one, so dipping comes to the rescue!

Nothing. :o

Sadly unable to get hold of J Herbin's new Stormy Grey . . . :(

Not true... I know you have some ink coming to you in the mail.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY