Pilot Con-70 Help?

AllWriteNow

Hi all

I am trying to fill a new con-70 converter.

I can't seem to get much more than 1/3" of ink into it.

Any tricks?

Thanks

Steve

AWN%252520ADD.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AllWriteNow

• nicholasyeo

• Robert Alan

• MYU

Pump, pump, pump.

Mine will fill almost to the top.

You might have a bad one.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Pump slower.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

The rubber stopper on the breather tube needs to be at the bottom (nib end) to block the opening so that the air is forced out through the tube. If it's not, give the pen a shake so that it drops down.

Pump slower.

That's what she said. ;)

Banana is right about that little stopper. Once it is in the right position, all should be fine. If not, be sure the converter is properly seated. The CON-70 is one of the best converters out there. Nearly fool proof.

Edited by MYU

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Pump about 5 times while immersed in the ink bottle. Let it sit in the ink 5-10 seconds after pumping.

Ok the black stopper is near the bottom of the tube.

I have done this with out the converter in a pen.

Should that make a difference?

Steve

Edited by luckygrandson
AWN%252520ADD.jpg

I have done this with out the converter in a pen.

Should that make a difference?

AWN%252520ADD.jpg

Hi,

Put it back in the pen and make sure the stopper rides freely up and down. Pump the converter and the pen should fill.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Yes, not much suction with this particular converter unless it is fitted in the pen.

Ya learn something new every day!

I have it fitted into one of my Varuna Vishals.

In the pen this converter works great!

Thanks for the help everyone!

Steve

AWN%252520ADD.jpg

• 1 year later...

This is a great converter. Sometimes all these small bubbles form up while I am trying to fill my pen,

but I cheat by using a syringe to put even more ink into the converter and get full capacity. A little

OCD-ish behaviour, but I think all those bubbles are a waste of space, really...

I do the same thing. :lol:

Now I realised my Con70 has scratches in it because of the sharp needle.

I am going to buy another spare one. It's expensiveeee! I really don't

like the small bubbles. I prefer to do this...

You can get syringe needles with no point. I don't know where, offhand.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776

You can get syringe needles with no point. I don't know where, offhand.

If you search for "dispensing needle" you will find them.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)