Ebay Vendor "Igauna Sell"

Saturninus

there is an e-bay vendor named "iguana sell" based in Spain that I want to buy something from. Anyone ever have any experience with this vendor?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saturninus

• English John

• Ladynib302

• SujiCorp12345

I ordered an ST Dupont Orpheo Diamond Head from them. I was skeptical about it at first because the price was really good and I had read a lot about fakes on ebay. Anyway, they advertised as representing authentic dealers so I decided to go for it.

I received the pen and the section seemed loose. I don't know if that's how they're supposed to be or not but it just didn't seem right and wasn't something I could live with long term. Rather than contact the seller right away I decided to call Dupont service since the seller advertised a full guarantee as sold by a dealer. The service center said the warranty was not valid for service in the US. I contacted Iguana sell and informed them of this. They thought the person I spoke with was mistaken.

Anyway, they gave me the choice of returning for a full refund or doing an exchange. Since I really liked the pen with the exception of the section and as far as I could tell it was an authentic Dupont, I opted for the exchange.

They arranged for a Fed Ex pick up which they paid for and shipped the new pen immediately upon receipt of the original. Very fast turn around. In the end I was extremely happy with their service although I'm still not sure what the deal is with the warranty.

If you're comfortable with the possible warranty issue I would say they are an excellent seller. That is, unless it turns out my pen is a fake. However, unless I have issues with it I'll probably never know since I'm really happy with it and the nib is one of the smoothest of all of my pens which include two Conway Stewarts, a Bexley, Mont blancs, Pelikan, Nakaya and Edison as well as some others.

Oh yeah, I did see one negative feedback that said the items were not authentic ST Duponts but decided to buy anyway after reading all of the other positive feedback much of which was for items a lot more expensive than my pen. Just thought I should point that out if you hadn't noticed it.

Good luck!

Casey

thanks. i was thinking of picking up a waterman serenite from them, and somehow i doubt anyone makes fake serenites. they have some of the exact same pens listed for different prices, so i am curios as to what is going on. thanks for your advice!

I bought a Dupont Fidelio Coat of Mail FP from them last year and delivery was fast considering it came all the way from Spain.

The pen looked good and wrote even better; the build quality was first class as expected from a high-end brand like Dupont, and unless the counterfeiters had improved their quality stratospherically it is quite impossible for a fake to be this good. Still, not taking chances I went to an authorised Dupont dealer here in Kuala Lumpur and they had verified that the pen is genuine, and I even compared it to the dealer's pen of the same model (took apart both pens) and there was no difference whatsoever.

I didn't ask about warranty though :headsmack:

Shahrin B)

• 11 months later...

I've just received a Dupont Fidelio palladium in the Ocean pattern from them via a posting on here. Jorge was wonderful to deal with - answered all my questions quickly and with good humour, and the pen arrived two days after I'd ordered it, fantastic service.

Best of all though, the pen exceeds my expectations, I can't find fault with it. I highly recommend this seller from this experience - particularly as his prices are so good!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

My purchase from him was flawless. Very fast shipping and fast email response.

I had stellar transaction.

Have purchased from them before and can say that I loved the service.

I have no dought that they sell certified Dupont Pens.

Cheers,

Miguel

Jorge has innovative marketing; gorgeous videos and pics; stellar communication with buyer; excellent follow-through; spouse had excellent experience; fellow FPN'ers encouraged dealing with Jorge; excellent outcome; nice to see he markets on FPN, not just e--y; holding out hope he will attend an American Pen Show soon (Washington, in August would be nice ???) so we might be able to meet him in person.

I have just received a Dupont Fidelio Palladium today - fantastic service - I ordered on Saturday , despatched from Madrid on Monday , arrived at my desk Tuesday.

It looks authentic to me, but then I am no judge I suppose.

The pen is wonderful , on offer on here. Smooth medium nib.

Recommended

John

• 4 years later...

Just wanted to give Iguana Sell another thumbs up. I got my M400 White Tortoise and M600 from there, and it was shipped promptly, arrived very quickly (even though it was from Spain!), and Iguana Sell paid any customs fees. Both pens arrived perfectly packaged, and write smoothly without any issues. I will be definitely buying from them in the future. No affiliation, except for being a very satisfied customer.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

What's the exact spelling? I found this seller: iguanasell

but he is said to be US based with no current auctions (and the past ones don't seem to be pens either)

edit: found it. iguana_sell

Edited by katerchen

I ordered two pens from them and then changed my mind and cancelled and then asked them to change a nib size. They handled all of this incredibly professionally and I got exactly what I wanted really fast. They were great!

I bought a Pelikan pen from Iguana Sell a few weeks ago (directly via their website). The service was courteous, professional, friendly and very fast. Nothing short of outstanding, in fact.

I've ordered a Namiki Yukari Royale from them last year via amazon and now have a Nakaya on back order from them through their web site. As they are located in Europe I won't have any hassle with customs which makes me choose them over CFP in this case.

I am totally happy with the experience, they are very helpful and quick to answer questions. I also wanted to purchase a Pelikan LE which had been sold the day before my inquiry and they really put a lot of effort into trying to find me another one though sadly they didn't succeed. I can totally recommend them. Even the Nakaya back order is quick for Nakaya standards.

Read more about me, my pens, photography & so on my little blog

I have purchased a number of Auroras and S T Duponts from them and have always found them helpful and courteous, with competitive pricing.

Deal with confidence

I am a usual client of this shop, Iguana Sell. They have an outstanding showroom (a.k.a. shop) in Madrid that is definitely wort a visit if you are in the city, where they sell watches apart from pens. They organise special events related to pens: Nakaya craftsman was there some weeks ago, and a show of Pelikan pens from the museum in Germany will be held next week, for example. They are one of the few places where you can buy a Nakaya in Europe.

They have always behaved beyond my expectations in every purchase and visit I have made to them.

there is an e-bay vendor named "iguana sell" based in Spain that I want to buy something from. Anyone ever have any experience with this vendor?

Good experience - I've bought some pens from them before. But they have few pens in stock and choice is rather limited.