Aurora Blue

Signum1

Batting third is the heavy hitter: Aurora Blue. And he hits the ball deep into centre field. It's going...going...going...It's gone.

Oh...rain delay. No more blue ink for tonight. :)

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1924/scannedimage5s.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Signum1

• jmw19

• pmsalty

• PenFisher

I like this as well. I use Aurora Blue mostly in cartridges in vintage Eversharps that were made after the purchase by Parker. No problems and a great colour!

*Love* Aurora Blue. I'm on the verge of sending off my Balance to get stubbed, and I can't wait to see how this ink looks in it.

Slow dry time is definitely right, though. And - for no good reason - I expected more shading.

Great review. Thanks! Love your handwriting. I never warmed up to this ink. It's to purple. I prefer true blues.

Great review. Thanks! Love your handwriting. I never warmed up to this ink. It's to purple. I prefer true blues.

^^ except that I like it because it tends toward the purple.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

I really like your handwriting. It has "ordered flair". Mine tends to bunch up, ugly-like.

I'll take an Aurora, please. Aurora black.

I just got my bottle of ink yesterday! It is amazing, and I can't wait 'till i get a new fountain pen to match.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg

I was thinking that the ink has a touch of purple, but not as purple as my Pelikan purple ink. All in all, I have NO issues with the Aurora blue with a hint of purple. For true blue, the DC Supershow from my other ink review may be a true blue. Which brands of ink by your definition are "true blues?"

I really like your handwriting. It has "ordered flair". Mine tends to bunch up, ugly-like.

I'm sure with practice your handwriting will improve. Perhaps letters, with scented ink, to woo that special someone can get you motivated. :)

I just got my bottle of ink yesterday! It is amazing, and I can't wait 'till i get a new fountain pen to match.

I'm glad to hear that the bottle arrived. Now you need to draft a letter to your parents explaining why midnight snacking is a good thing. Show them a study that was conducted by the University of Henry Louis and how the studies outline better grades equal more midnight snacking. :)

Nice review, thanks. I use this ink in a fine point because of its slow drying (I'm a lefty overwriter). Nice ink.

PMS

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -Thomas Jefferson

This looks purple to me as well - it makes me think of Private Reserve Black Magic Blue. I like both, but not as "blue" inks.

On the other hand, Aurora Blue makes my EF Rotring 600 write smoother than some F and M nibs I own. It dries very quickly, and looks bluer from the extra-fine.

Signum1, your reviews are always a treat to read. Thank you.

Thanks for posting that concise review...and compliments to your excellent penmanship. I switched to Aurora Blue as a daily user in my Aurora 88 (modern) with full flowing medium nib about two months ago, and so far the 'new' hasn't worn off. The coverage is terrific, the color is vibrant and the flow is excellent ... couldn't ask for much more.

You had better luck in the water test than I have, and that's my one complaint with this ink. It's a beautiful colour, and oh so smooth, but if I get a single drop of water on my page while watering the plants, the ink is practically eradicated. I've also had problems with it smearing from moisture on my hands, which is particularly troublesome since I'm an overwriter.

Like pmsalty, I use it in a fine, dry nib to help with the drying time.

Thanks for the excellent review!

Aurora Blue is one of my absolute favorite inks.

Some of my observations:

-Yes, it is more of a purplish-blue than a true-blue, but I would not call it a purple ink at all. When I think of 'true-blue' PR American Blue comes to mind.

-I'm amazed at how well this ink 'pops' off of the page. In a wet writer, this ink is very saturated and really comes into its own.

-It handles the demands of flex very well.

-It does take a little long to dry in a wet writer...but the results are worth it!

-With an Extra Fine nib, I get less saturation and a little bit of shading--a softer and slightly more subdued color.

-Other than the somewhat slow drying time, it's an exceptionally well behaved ink. It lubricates extremely well, it does not stick to the nib/feed/converter, it does not stain plastics (in my experience), and it does not feather or bleed on most papers. It makes nibs write VERY smoothly.

If you haven't had a chance to try this wonderful ink, you should put it on your short list! :)

You had better luck in the water test than I have, and that's my one complaint with this ink. It's a beautiful colour, and oh so smooth, but if I get a single drop of water on my page while watering the plants, the ink is practically eradicated. I've also had problems with it smearing from moisture on my hands, which is particularly troublesome since I'm an overwriter.

Like pmsalty, I use it in a fine, dry nib to help with the drying time.

I think this is my favorite blue, since I love the slight purple-ish to it. But it REALLY doesn't hold up to stray water for me, and since I am a clutz ...... I should definitely use it more, and just deal.

@ Signum1 - I like your writing, very clear but with personality.

"We're out of cornflakes. F.U.' It took me three hours to figure out F.U. stood for Felix Unger!"

I'm really not in the blue side, so its purplish shades probably makes me love it.

Recently I forget to ask for and bring it togheter my new Aurora Optima...what a mistake! :headsmack:

I'll remedy purchasing both Blue and Black Aurora soon...what a pity they cannot be mixed togheter! :crybaby:

Thank you for the review.

Saluti.

Riccardo

• 4 weeks later...

me too.

tell me what true blues do you use?

Thank you very much for this review. The color looks lovely. Disappointing that is has such a slow dry time and does not have lots of shading.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!