If I only had some sacs!

Got my order in with Martin

He sent a real big carton-

But Canada is far

Da dah da dah da dah...

Every day, as I check the mail

It's bills, waiting on the snail,

'cuz Canada is far

Sometimes the cat needs a new cat toy. And sometimes I need a new pen.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• gweimer1

• kathleen

• amberleadavis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first Estie is still in the mail. :embarrassed_smile:

It's a black LJ with a 2668 nib. The listing on the bay said it was in excellent condition and writes nice and smooth.

I can't wait for it to get here! :puddle:

Congratulations and welcome to "Estieland".

A black LJ is certainly nice.

By the way, have you met Spitfire, OcalaFiguy (Brian) , Rabbit, and Watch Art, Farmboy and some of the others here in Estieland? I would equate them to the Wizard, the Scarecrow, the Tin Man and Toto. They are wonderful companions as you travel down the Esterbrook Rd. Follow them to the rainbow. See the red, as sparkling, bright as Dorothy's ruby slippers. See the green as enchanting as Emeralds and there's blue, as bright as the sky in Munchkinland after the storm had passed, and there's "Root beer" Esties.....Ooooo, so sweet!

Arm in arm, let's all sing, "if ever, a wonderful pen there was, my Estie, my Estie is one because,.... because, because, because because, because...because of the wonderful things it does.... I'm off to see the Esties.....

Actually, OcalaFlGuy is Bruce...

I don't mind being called Brian (or anything other than "late for dinner") but Brian (Anderson) would probably rather keep his good name for himself. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I would have another estie

To ink just like the rest-ie...

If I only had some sacs.

Da dah da dah da dah...

With the nib, nine five five oh

I'd be writing from the git go...

If I only had some sacs!

But Canada is far

Da dah da dah da dah...

'cuz Canada is far

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

If I only had some sacs.

Da dah da dah da dah...

If I only had some sacs!

But Canada is far

Da dah da dah da dah...

'cuz Canada is far

Bruce in Ocala, FL

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars" ~Henry Van Dyke

Trying to rescue and restore all the beautiful Esties to their purpose.

If I only had some sacs.

Da dah da dah da dah...

If I only had some sacs!

But Canada is far

Da dah da dah da dah...

'cuz Canada is far

Bruce in Ocala, FL

lticaptd.gifclap1.gifclap1.gifclap1.gifclap1.gifclap1.gif Great lyrics! Estielland is filled with genius!

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars" ~Henry Van Dyke

It's a black LJ with a 2668 nib. The listing on the bay said it was in excellent condition and writes nice and smooth.

By the way, have you met Spitfire, OcalaFiguy (Brian) , Rabbit, and Watch Art, Farmboy and some of the others here in Estieland? I would equate them to the Wizard, the Scarecrow, the Tin Man and Toto. They are wonderful companions as you travel down the Esterbrook Rd. Follow them to the rainbow. See the red, as sparkling, bright as Dorothy's ruby slippers. See the green as enchanting as Emeralds and there's blue, as bright as the sky in Munchkinland after the storm had passed, and there's "Root beer" Esties.....Ooooo, so sweet!

Arm in arm, let's all sing, "if ever, a wonderful pen there was, my Estie, my Estie is one because,.... because, because, because because, because...because of the wonderful things it does.... I'm off to see the Esties.....

I don't mind being called Brian (or anything other than "late for dinner") but Brian (Anderson) would probably rather keep his good name for himself. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Oops, Thanks for the correction Bruce. Sorry, Brian.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Oops, Thanks for the correction Bruce. Sorry, Brian. I will edit my post and make correction.

Oh, get them both, red and copper. See all the pretty Esties in my basket? They are like candy, sweet! You really must not stop at only one.

Please, don't encourage me. I supposedly need to eat sometime this month . . . well, okay . . . perhaps if I did without lunches for a week . . .

*snicker* Thanks for including me, but I was cool, I'm more like an extra anyway! I'm only up to 6, 7 if you count the American Pencil co pen. (they merged into Venus-Esterbook in the late '60s)

Unfortunately the transitional did not have the red jewel, but it was inexpensive and it writes really nice! Anyway I have as many Esties as I have Sheaffers and when I surf ebay, I always look to see if I can snatch one. It says something sad about modern products in general when the "cheap" pens of yesterday are better (IMHO) than many of the new top dollar pens of today! I sometimes wish there was a "modern" current production Esterbrook J but then I realize that it would be 1) unreasonably expensive or 2) cheaped out to the point of being junk...

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

here's my first:

post-46894-070156200 1280358947.jpg

post-46894-069540100 1280359072.jpg

Another Day Another (Esterbrook) Dollar.

" There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy- Douglas Adams

here's my first:

NIce! Now the question, what will your next one look like? No one can have just one Estie.

Don't you love that #9668 nib? Smooth writing.

Nice score! Your making me jealous!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

My first Esterbrook arrived!

LJ with 1550 nib

The picture is a bit more vibrant blue than the actual pen, it's more of a medium purplish blue. Should I buy some Simichrome to polish it up or is it something else?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4107/4840094822_3434fe75f6.jpg

I couldn't remove the section without tools but the lever fill seemed fine so I just rinsed in water and filled it up with FPN starry night. Writes a tiny bit wider than Pilot fines, about the same as Sailor medium-fine. Nib really smooth, except if I hold it too carelessly and do a fast upstroke then it catches a little on the paper.

Awesome pen!

Might buy a red or root beer later... :bunny01:

LJ with 1550 nib

The picture is a bit more vibrant blue than the actual pen, it's more of a medium purplish blue. Should I buy some Simichrome to polish it up or is it something else?

I couldn't remove the section without tools but the lever fill seemed fine so I just rinsed in water and filled it up with FPN starry night. Writes a tiny bit wider than Pilot fines, about the same as Sailor medium-fine. Nib really smooth, except if I hold it too carelessly and do a fast upstroke then it catches a little on the paper.

Awesome pen!

Ooooooo! Really NIce! Beautiful Blue! Thinking it needs a red or root beer to keep it company; you've got that "Estie love" and there's no escape from it! (sounds like words to a country song, I'll have to work on those lyrics). Get an SJ they are wonderful in a feminine hand and just the size to accompany a notepad or journal.

Just buy 10 sacs right now. That's all I can say.

Make sure some of them are 18's for the dollar pens you are going to buy.

Sometimes the cat needs a new cat toy. And sometimes I need a new pen.

LJ with 1550 nib

Awesome pen!

:puddle: That's one nice Estie. I MUST FIND A BLUE ONE! Or maybe a red one, with a 9128 or 9048 nib. I wanna try a flex nib.

Pens I currently own:

Esterbrook LJ, and an Esterbrook J

Pens in red are my go to pens.

Pens on my wish list:

A nice Pelikan; M200 or higher

You should not have posted that photo. Now I want a blue LJ as well!

(After, of course, the red J . . . and the root beer/bronze one . . .)

A Blue and Copper LJ are 2 of the 4 Esties in my 3 carry cases.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Have you seen the right pen for the future?

So shiny

So sleek

So smooth

It's my beautiful silver gray LJ with #9668 nib and Noodler's Turquoise Eel.

Would look great in the hands of a "mechanical engineer". When my son completes his degree, it's his!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Esterbrook fans,

This is not my very first Estie, but both are black and this one is in much better shape than the former. I acquired this one in such good condition I wasn't sure if I should attempt to smooth it out. More recently I took some micro-mesh pads to it and worked out some scuffs. It could stand some further polishing and whatnot but I've got another that needs more work right now.

I was bored with the original 1551 nib so I bought a 9460 and tuned it a little to write more like a stub, which was cheaper than buying one of the Duracrome stubs that seem to be going for about $50 lately.

Regards,

Vince

amateur vintage pen fixer and nib tuner