• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• winedoc

• rubyeyespenlover

• jlepens

• Jopen

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That is gorgeous. I know I am such a rube for asking but--is it too late to get in on this?

Wow! That is gorgeous. I know I am such a rube for asking but--is it too late to get in on this?

Not too late since no pen has been made yet. Once I know the final cost, I will post here and most likely have the pens made in batches, so not to put too much financial strain on me up front. I want to just make enough for folks who wants them, but don't want to carry excess pens. Folks on this list will get first refusal:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...howtopic=100605

If you don't see your name on this list and wants to be added, just PM me. You do not have to buy this pen to be on the list, but will give me some rough idea and get first refusal.

Best,

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Woo-hoo! Great choice of design. Love it. :clap1: -Phil

Whatever it is, I'm against it!

-Grouch Marx as Prof. Quincy Adams Wagstaff

I tried to look but did not find info - what pen body will this be, and what filling system?

/Tojusi

(proud owner of 3 raw ebonite Danitrios - 2 Denshos and 1 flattop Mikado)

Kevin, this is absolutely fantastic. The drawing is perfect, so simple and so right on with the poem. It's like the journey's end, even though another chapter begins. I heartily approve of this design!!

I tried to look but did not find info - what pen body will this be, and what filling system?

/Tojusi

If I recall correctly, this is going to be a ... runs to go look

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

It's a clipless special Octagon that was born from an Octagon mother and Mikado father.

Right! It's a little shorter than the original Octagon and flat top, will be in a deep purple urushi (a new urushi for us), and be c/c (I think).

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

What a surprise to find today this thread... I love the design, and knowing how they work, the result must be something not to be missed!

Surprised by the design itself and by the complexity level that has been achieved. It will be worth every penny!

Thanks

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

/Tojusi

Have a look here, pages 12 and 13 of this thread and you will see Winedoc's photos on the BHR prototype which will be the base for this pen:

HR base prototype photos

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

Thanks for everyone's comments. The back ground color will be a new one, similar to tamenuri and tame-midori, but the underneath color will be deep purple, just enough showing around the edges.

Best,

Kevin

Great base color but how about the leaves and the words and the hats and sandals? What colors do you have in mind? Would there be enough contrast to stand out?

This is getting sooo exciting! Thanks for putting the pen together.

Long Live the Scuderia

Thanks for everyone's comments. The back ground color will be a new one, similar to tamenuri and tame-midori, but the underneath color will be deep purple, just enough showing around the edges.

Best,

Kevin

Great base color but how about the leaves and the words and the hats and sandals? What colors do you have in mind? Would there be enough contrast to stand out?

Oh, no worry about the contrasts. Most likely the leaves will be gold... pure gold ;-)

kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Best,

Kevin

Oh, no worry about the contrasts. Most likely the leaves will be gold... pure gold ;-)

kevin

Ooowh!!! I feel good! Ta na na na naa!! :D :D :D

Long Live the Scuderia

Best,

Kevin

YYYYesss!

post-24335-1241092646.jpg

69 th D a n i t r i o F e l l o w s h i p p e r - Montblanc WE Lover - NAMIKI addicted

http://www.pennamagazine.com

I thought a great add to this pen could be the number ..... a limited edition with 1/80 - 2/80 etc.

What do you think?

post-24335-1241092646.jpg

69 th D a n i t r i o F e l l o w s h i p p e r - Montblanc WE Lover - NAMIKI addicted

http://www.pennamagazine.com

I thought a great add to this pen could be the number ..... a limited edition with 1/80 - 2/80 etc.

What do you think?

I think numbers were ruled out a while back. Since the pen is likely to be made in batches, and there isn't a true count of how many will be made, it wouldn't really be feasible to number the pens. Knowing it is being made just for us makes it pretty special in its own right, I think. Special color, special poem, special maki-e, and just for FPN Fellowship? I think Kevin and the Danitrio Boss like us!

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Best,

Kevin

kevin

Goldfinger............

This is going to be one great pen and as a heartfelt thankyou from Danitrio for our love of their pens, I think ....I'm getting all emotional!!!! :embarrassed_smile:

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

The problem with having numbers is mainly due to at the moment, I don't know how many to make. If I make 50, and more than 50 wants the pen, we will have many angry folks... and if I have 100 made and only 80 want the pen, then I am stuck with 20 pens... which means, I will have to try to sell them at open market (albeit at higher prices), then it will not be just for FPN only.

Danitrio is very appreciative of all the supports here as I report back to them frequently. Compare to other big pen companies, Danitrio is very small with limited numbers of pens being produced each year. Their non-limited edition pens are often much more limited than other company's sort call limited edition pens. They are willing to forgo their usual mark up on pens in same caliber just for us, now let's see other bigger companies do this for us pen folks. Bexley is another small pen company I know who will often bent backward for their loyal customers.

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens