Singapore Fountain Pens Buyer/Seller Thread

siaoguitar

Anyone selling their FP? can post so that the rest of the FPNer in Singapore can benefit?

Sheaffer Prelude

LAMY Safari Charcoal

Vintage Parker Vacuumatic Gold Pearl Celluloid

Hero 336 (Black, Burgundy, Green)

Pilot Tank (Teal eyedropper)

Pilot Superior (Teal Squeezer)

Pilot Birdie (White/Red)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• purpledog

• Readymade

• holgalee

• tt32003

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually there're lots of S'poreans selling their pens on FPN already. Like myself, tsc, FP_Writing, printhardcopy, Lehnsherr, graceaj (just naming ppl off the top of my head. Don't mean to exclude anyone!)

Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook

• 2 months later...

I thought it would be a good idea to use this thread to sell some of my fountain pens locally. These pens were bought while I was studying in the States. Many have never seen much use. The pens do not come in boxes, except for the Cross Apogee (had disposed the boxes when I had to return to Singapore). All prices in Singapore dollars.

My apologies for the poor photo qualities.

1. Sheaffer Javelin FP, BP, and mechanical pencil. Barrels are translucent red. FP has F nib. Converter not present. There is a possibility of using the pen as an eyedropper (as I was told when I bought it). BP refill still working, and mechanical pencil is functional. S$40

2. Sheaffer Prelude gloss black. F nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45

3. Sheaffer Prelude matt black. Nib looks like a medium cursive italic. Stainless steel nib. Converter not present. S$40.

4. Sheaffer Prelude gunmetal. M/B nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45

5. Sheaffer Prelude stainless steel. Nib looks like a fine cursive italic. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45.

6. Sheaffer Prelude purplish blue. F nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45.

7. Pen bought from Kevin (winedoc). M steel nib. Believe it was made by Danitrio for Sharper Image. Please note the flat top has a discolored spot about 2-3 mm in diameter (not a dent). Heavy pen. Has converter. S$40.

8. Stipula Vedo purple with F steel nib. Has some feedback, but I will not label the nib as scratchy. Piston filler. Pen has one of the nicest purple resin I have ever seen. I have 2 of these, and selling this one. S$95

9. Duke pen with Chinese painted faces on cap. F/M steel nib. Pen cap and barrel is made of metal. With converter. S$10

10. Jinhao ‘Goddess of Mercy (Guanyin)’ pen with F/M steel nib and converter. Raised guanyin figure and chinese characters on pen barrel. Heavy pen. S$15

11. Sensa Meridien with F gold-plated nib. Pen barrel has soft ‘cushion’ for better grip. Nice, wet ink flow. S$35

12. Pilot 78G with cursive italic gold plated nib. Nib is labeled as B, but is actually italic. With built-in converter. S$22.

13. Cross Apogee in chrome with Fine 18k gold with rhodium plating nib. Slight dent on pen barrel. Not obvious unless you look for it under light. The pen barrel will turn with the nib if you ‘over-tighten’ the barrel with the section, but this doesn’t pose any operational issue when writing. The pen comes with the orginal box. $95

14. Jinhao ‘Confucius’ pen with cursive italic grind from a M/B nib. Grinding done by me, but writes ok. Heavy pen with the girth of a MB 149. Pen has raised chinese characters and figure of Confucius on barrel. With converter. S$12.

15. Monteverde Cambria blue agate FP with M steel nib. Nib is big and writes with a slight line variation. One of my earlier pens and bought from Ron Zorn of Mainstreet Pens. S$60.

16. Sheaffer mechanical pencil. Free with any purchase more than S$15.

17. Thin pink Pilot FP with F nib. Pen body has some spots where the paint color came off. Comes with converter. Free with any purchase above S$15.

Please PM me if you are interested or have questions. I check for PMs on a regular basis, but not frequently, and I hope that you can understand if I take a slightly longer time to respond to you. All items are to be picked up locally and payment by cash. If you are staying in the east, I can deliver to your place during weekends (for purchases above $20). I can meet outside Newton MRT around 1 pm on weekdays. Thanks for reading.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2445/3665856082_edd9975104.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2550/3665856652_78a92c7f67.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2581/3665054997_cd127e2a09.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3661/3665859688_97bb7c1717.jpg

Edited by purpledog

Weekly BUMP.

1. Sheaffer Javelin FP, BP, and mechanical pencil. Barrels are translucent red. FP has F nib. Converter not present. There is a possibility of using the pen as an eyedropper (as I was told when I bought it). BP refill still working, and mechanical pencil is functional. S$40 33

2. Sheaffer Prelude gloss black. F nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45 38

3. Sheaffer Prelude matt black. Nib looks like a medium cursive italic. Stainless steel nib. Converter not present. S$40. 33

4. Sheaffer Prelude gunmetal. M/B nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45 38

5. Sheaffer Prelude stainless steel. Nib looks like a fine cursive italic. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45. 38

6. Sheaffer Prelude purplish blue. F nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45. 38

7. Pen bought from Kevin (winedoc). M steel nib. Believe it was made by Danitrio for Sharper Image. Please note the flat top has a discolored spot about 2-3 mm in diameter (not a dent). Heavy pen. Has converter. S$40. 35

8. Stipula Vedo purple with F steel nib. Has some feedback, but I will not label the nib as scratchy. Piston filler. Pen has one of the nicest purple resin I have ever seen. I have 2 of these, and selling this one. SOLD

9. Duke pen with Chinese painted faces on cap. F/M steel nib. Pen cap and barrel is made of metal. With converter. S$10 7

10. Jinhao ‘Goddess of Mercy (Guanyin)’ pen with F/M steel nib and converter. Rasied guanyin figure and chinese characters on pen barrel. Heavy pen. SOLD

11. Sensa Meridien with F gold-plated nib. Pen barrel has soft ‘cushion’ for better grip. Nice, wet ink flow. S$35 30

12. Pilot 78G with cursive italic gold plated nib. Nib is labeled as B, but is actually italic. With built-in converter. S$22. 17

13. Cross Apogee in chrome with Fine 18k gold with rhodium plating nib. Slight dent on pen barrel. Not obvious unless you look for it under light. The pen barrel will turn with the nib if you ‘over-tighten’ the barrel with the section, but this doesn’t pose any operational issue when writing. $95 85

14. Jinhao ‘Confucius’ pen with cursive italic grind from a M/B nib. Grinding done by me, but writes ok. Heavy pen with the girth of a MB 149. Pen has raised chinese characters and figure of Confucius on barrel. With converter. S$12. 7

15. Monteverde Cambria blue agate FP with M steel nib. Nib is big and writes with a slight line variation. One of my earlier pens and bought from Ron Zorn of Mainstreet Pens. S$60. 50

16. Sheaffer mechanical pencil. Free with any purchase more than S$15.

17. Thin pink Pilot FP with F nib. Pen body has some spots where the paint color came off. Comes with converter. Free with any purchase above S$15.

Please PM me if you are interested or have questions. I check for PMs on a regular basis, but not frequently, and I hope that you can understand if I take a slightly longer time to respond to you. All items are to be picked up locally and payment by cash. If you are staying in the east, I can deliver to your place during weekends (for purchases above $20). I can meet outside Newton MRT around 1 pm on weekdays.

Hi, thought it would be nice to have Singaporean selling their FPs or buying FP from fellow citizens here in our island. So it would be easy to meet and deal, instead of looking through the forums or even pay for air freight, postage......etc

Selling a Cross ATX Fountain Pen (F) and ATX Ballpoint. Used.

$50, $30

Another weekly BUMP.

1. Sheaffer Javelin FP, BP, and mechanical pencil. Barrels are translucent/transparent red. FP has F nib. Converter not present. Can take a Prelude converter. There is a possibility of using the pen as an eyedropper (as I was told when I bought it). BP refill still working, and mechanical pencil is functional. S$40 33 30

2. Sheaffer Prelude gloss black. F nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45 38 35

3. Sheaffer Prelude matt black. Nib looks like a medium cursive italic. Stainless steel nib. Converter not present. S$40. 33 30

4. Sheaffer Prelude gunmetal. M/B nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45 38 35

5. Sheaffer Prelude stainless steel. Nib looks like a fine cursive italic. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45. 38 35

6. Sheaffer Prelude purplish blue. F nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45. 38 35

7. Pen bought from Kevin (winedoc). M steel nib. Believe it was made by Danitrio for Sharper Image. Please note the flat top has a discolored spot about 2-3 mm in diameter (not a dent). Heavy pen. Has converter. S$40. 35

8. Stipula Vedo purple with F steel nib. Has some feedback, but I will not label the nib as scratchy. Piston filler. Pen has one of the nicest purple resin I have ever seen. I have 2 of these, and selling this one. SOLD

9. Duke pen with Chinese painted faces on cap. F/M steel nib. Pen cap and barrel is made of metal. With converter. S$10 7 SOLD

10. Jinhao ‘Goddess of Mercy (Guanyin)’ pen with F/M steel nib and converter. Rasied guanyin figure and chinese characters on pen barrel. Heavy pen. SOLD

11. Sensa Meridien with F gold-plated nib. Pen barrel has soft ‘cushion’ for better grip. Nice, wet ink flow. S$35 30 ON HOLD

12. Pilot 78G with cursive italic gold plated nib. Nib is labeled as B, but is actually italic. With built-in converter. S$22. 17

13. Cross Apogee in chrome with Fine 18k gold with rhodium plating nib. Slight dent on pen barrel. Not obvious unless you look for it under light. The pen barrel will turn with the nib if you ‘over-tighten’ the barrel with the section, but this doesn’t pose any operational issue when writing. $95 85 80

14. Jinhao ‘Confucius’ pen with cursive italic grind from a M/B nib. Grinding done by me, but writes ok. Heavy pen with the girth of a MB 149. Pen has raised chinese characters and figure of Confucius on barrel. With converter. S$12. 7 SOLD

15. Monteverde Cambria blue agate FP with M steel nib. Nib is big and writes with a slight line variation. One of my earlier pens and bought from Ron Zorn of Mainstreet Pens. S$60. 50 45

16. Sheaffer mechanical pencil. Free with any purchase more than S$15. ON HOLD

17. Thin pink Pilot FP with F nib. Pen body has some spots where the paint color came off. Comes with converter. Free with any purchase above S$15. ON HOLD

Please PM me if you are interested or have questions. I check for PMs on a regular basis, but not frequently, and I hope that you can understand if I take a slightly longer time to respond to you. All items are to be picked up locally and payment by cash. If you are staying in the east, I can deliver to your place during weekends (for purchases above $20). I can meet outside Newton MRT around 1 pm on weekdays.

Weekly BUMP.

1. Sheaffer Javelin FP, BP, and mechanical pencil. Barrels are translucent/transparent red. FP has F nib. Converter not present. Can take a Prelude converter. There is a possibility of using the pen as an eyedropper (as I was told when I bought it). BP refill still working, and mechanical pencil is functional. S$40 33 30 $25

2. Sheaffer Prelude gloss black. F nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45 38 35 If you take 3 Preludes, will sell for total of S$90

3. Sheaffer Prelude matt black. Nib looks like a medium cursive italic. Stainless steel nib. Converter not present. S$40. 33 30

4. Sheaffer Prelude gunmetal. M/B nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45 38 35

5. Sheaffer Prelude stainless steel. Nib looks like a fine cursive italic. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45. 38 35

6. Sheaffer Prelude purplish blue. F nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45. 38 35

7. Pen bought from Kevin (winedoc). M steel nib. Believe it was made by Danitrio for Sharper Image. Please note the flat top has a discolored spot about 2-3 mm in diameter (not a dent). Heavy pen. Has converter. S$40. 35 S$30

9. Duke pen with Chinese painted faces on cap. F/M steel nib. Pen cap and barrel is made of metal. With converter. S$10 7 SOLD

11. Sensa Meridien with F gold-plated nib. Pen barrel has soft ‘cushion’ for better grip. Nice, wet ink flow. S$35 30 SOLD

12. Pilot 78G with cursive italic gold plated nib. Nib is labeled as B, but is actually italic. With built-in converter. S$22. 15

13. Cross Apogee in chrome with Fine 18k gold with rhodium plating nib. Very slight dink on pen barrel. Not obvious unless you look for it under light. The pen barrel will turn with the nib if you ‘over-tighten’ the barrel with the section, but this doesn’t pose any operational issue when writing. $95 85 80

14. Jinhao ‘Confucius’ pen with cursive italic grind from a M/B nib. Grinding done by me, but writes ok. Heavy pen with the girth of a MB 149. Pen has raised chinese characters and figure of Confucius on barrel. With converter. S$12. 7 SOLD

15. Monteverde Cambria blue agate FP with M steel nib. Nib is big and writes with a slight line variation. One of my earlier pens and bought from Ron Zorn of Mainstreet Pens. S$60. 50 40

16. Sheaffer mechanical pencil. Free with any purchase more than S$15. Gone

17. Thin pink Pilot FP with F nib. Pen body has some spots where the paint color came off. Comes with converter. Free with any purchase above S$15. Gone

I want to buy a used Waterman Ecpert II.

External condition is not important as I want it mainly for the section and nib only.

F or EF

If you have the section for sale is even better.

Pm me. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

For Sale: an almost-full bottle of Omas Sepia!

Bought in Oct 08. Only drew one converter worth of ink before realising I didn't like it.

Take this one home with you for just SGD 20.

Pls PM if interested :)

Thanks for looking!

For Sale: One of Binder's (now sold out) Copper Coloured Merlin-33 Semi-Flex Celluloid Pens!

I bought two Merlins pens last week from Richard and they've just arrived, but I realised that the two colours are very similar (I also ordered a black-cherry) so I'm going to have to sell the copper one to finance other purchases, albeit with a heavy heart!

It's incredibly smooth, and it writes a fine, semi flex line that produces noticeable line variation. I'll sell it to you for how much I bought it for - 65 USD + 10 dollars shipping, about 110 SGD. Richard's sold out on this beautiful almost 3d colour, so you won't be able to get it anywhere else!

PM me if you're interested :)

Thanks,

Kevin

For Sale: One of Binder's (now sold out) Copper Coloured Merlin-33 Semi-Flex Celluloid Pens!

It's incredibly smooth, and it writes a fine, semi flex line that produces noticeable line variation. I'll sell it to you for how much I bought it for - 65 USD + 10 dollars shipping, about 110 SGD. Richard's sold out on this beautiful almost 3d colour, so you won't be able to get it anywhere else!

+1 for Richard Binder's spectacular nib work. For those in Singapore this is a good chance to experience his workmanship without having to wait several weeks or fly to the US for a pen show :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hi fellow Singaporeans/ Singapore residents,

Art Friend is selling discontinued Pelikan Classic pens at a good price. I bought a Pelikan Classic Silver Europa (according to info from a website) which comes with a 18k gold nib for S$90 (USD65) at the Taka branch. The store sells the lacquered pens(which comes with 14k nib) at just S$35 (25USD)! The pens left for sale are mostly with M and B nibs though. The pen's girth is somewhat between a full-sized and a slim Targa.

I am very pleased with my newly purchased pen. The pen is in chrome silver barley finish, but I am not so sure if it really coated with sterling silver or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m selling some pens which I hardly use. Prices are in Singapore Dollars. Please excuse the distortion as I was shooting very close with my compact camera. :P Do drop me a PM if you're interested in any pen or have any questions.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/lubitel/P1000833erno-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/lubitel/P1000838erno.jpg

1. Herlitz Metal Pen S$5

Smooth and wet medium nib. Some plating loss on nib. Uses international cartridges.

2. Blue Pilot Lucina S$80

Smooth medium nib. This pen is really nice and has seen less than one cartridge of ink. Uses Pilot cartridges.

3. Black Sheaffer Snorkel S$60

The snorkel was serviced just before the previous owner bought it. Smooth medium nib (M4). Touchdown filler system.

4. Reform 1745 S$30

I have two of Reform 1745s and here's the first. Slightly flexible, fine and wet nib. Slightly more wet than #2. Feels a little toothy but not scratchy. Piston filler system. This pen has been tuned by J Blanche of FPN.

5. Reform 1745 S$30

This is the second Reform 1745. Slightly flexible, fine and wet nib. Feels a little toothy but not scratchy. Piston filler system. This pen has been tuned by J Blanche of FPN.

6. Planton S$40

Japanese eyedropper with slightly flexible, extra fine and wet nib. To fill this pen, keep the blind cap screwed on, unscrew the section and fill it using an eyedropper, then replace the section. To use the pen, unscrew the blind cap, pulling it out a little. Slightly toothy feel because the nib very fine.

7. Pink Sailor Rose Bloom S$50

Extra fine nib. Some gold specks on the band around the words “Rose bloom”. Includes an empty Sailor cartridge. I can’t find any information about this pen apart from what ebayer Speerbob wrote, as captured here.

8. Green Pilot 78G S$15

F nib (0.3mm line width=Japanese fine), medium wetness. Comes with rubber sac pump and a free black Pilot cartridge.

9. Black Pilot 78G S$15

M nib (0.5mm line width=Japanese medium), medium wetness. Comes with rubber sac pump and a free black Pilot cartridge.

10. Black Parker with silver cap S$5

Writes a fine, medium wet line. Uses Parker refill I think, because the international cartridge doesn’t fit. Slightly toothy.

11. Black Sheaffer with silver cap S$6

Smooth nib that writes a wet, medium line. Uses Sheaffer cartridge that is not included. Does not accept Sheaffer converter as it’s too slim.

12. Sheaffer Demonstrator S$10

Writes a medium line with its smooth and wet nib. Uses Sheaffer cartridges and converters and a used cartridge will be included.

13. Herlitz Tornado Junior S$4

This pen has not been used before, and I bought it to use the nib for another pen. So here it is with the feed, barrel and cap, but no nib. It’s the new version of the Tornado Junior Soft Touch (slightly rubberised grip). Comes with two new Herlitz cartridges. If you have a Herlitz nib that’s lacking a body, get this!

14. Pilot eyedropper S$3

Here’s another pen without nib as it also served as a donor pen. This pen has never been used before.

Edited by holgalee

Year-end bump.

1. Sheaffer Javelin FP, BP, and mechanical pencil. Barrels are translucent/transparent red. FP has F nib. Converter not present. Can take a Prelude converter. There is a possibility of using the pen as an eyedropper (as I was told when I bought it). BP refill still working, and mechanical pencil is functional. S$40 33 30 $2520

2. Sheaffer Prelude gloss black. F nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45 38 35 If you take 3 Preludes, will sell for total of S$9080

3. Sheaffer Prelude matt black. Nib looks like a medium cursive italic. Stainless steel nib. Converter not present. S$40. 33 3025

4. Sheaffer Prelude gunmetal. M/B nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45 38 3530

5. Sheaffer Prelude stainless steel. Nib looks like a fine cursive italic. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45. 38 3530

6. Sheaffer Prelude purplish blue. F nib. Stainless steel nib. Converter present. S$45. 38 3530

7. Pen bought from Kevin (winedoc). M steel nib. Believe it was made by Danitrio for Sharper Image. Please note the flat top has a discolored spot about 2-3 mm in diameter (not a dent). Heavy pen. Has converter. S$40. 35 S$3025

11. Sensa Meridien with F gold-plated nib. Pen barrel has soft ‘cushion’ for better grip. Nice, wet ink flow. S$35 30 SOLD

12. Pilot 78G with cursive italic gold plated nib. Nib is labeled as B, but is actually italic. With built-in converter. S$22. 15 10. I have a red 78G fine nib pen selling for S$10 also.

13. Cross Apogee in chrome with Fine 18k solid gold with rhodium plating nib. Very slight dink on pen barrel. Not obvious unless you look for it under light. The pen barrel will turn with the nib if you ‘over-tighten’ the barrel with the section, but this doesn’t pose any operational issue when writing. $95 85 8075

15. Monteverde Cambria blue agate FP with M steel nib. Nib is big and writes with a slight line variation. One of my earlier pens and bought from Ron Zorn of Mainstreet Pens. S$60. 50 4035

16. Sheaffer mechanical pencil. Free with any purchase more than S$15. Gone

17. Thin pink Pilot FP with F nib. Pen body has some spots where the paint color came off. Comes with converter. Free with any purchase above S$15. Gone

I have a Sheaffer PFM pen for sale. Pen sag is broken and nib is scratchy. Looks somewhat like EF nib. Can be used for parts. Selling S$50.

I have also a Omas 360 roller pen for sale. comes with original box. Pen cap has 2 cracks, but should seal with you can apply sealant on the inner side of cap. Selling S$50.

For more pics, pl refer to this link.

Pens are still available. Most of them are very gently used as I prefer extra fine nibs that write a little dry. I'm open to trades as well if the pens are interesting. :)

1. Herlitz Metal Pen S$5

Smooth and wet medium nib. Some plating loss on nib. Uses international cartridges.

2. Blue Pilot Lucina S$80

Smooth medium nib. This pen is really nice and has seen less than one cartridge of ink. Uses Pilot cartridges.

3. Black Sheaffer Snorkel S$60

The snorkel was serviced just before the previous owner bought it. Smooth medium nib (M4). Touchdown filler system.

4. Reform 1745 S$30

I have two of Reform 1745s and here's the first. Slightly flexible, fine and wet nib. Slightly more wet than #2. Feels a little toothy but not scratchy. Piston filler system. This pen has been tuned by J Blanche of FPN.

5. Reform 1745 S$30

This is the second Reform 1745. Slightly flexible, fine and wet nib. Feels a little toothy but not scratchy. Piston filler system. This pen has been tuned by J Blanche of FPN.

6. Planton S$40

Japanese eyedropper with slightly flexible, extra fine and wet nib. To fill this pen, keep the blind cap screwed on, unscrew the section and fill it using an eyedropper, then replace the section. To use the pen, unscrew the blind cap, pulling it out a little. Slightly toothy feel because the nib very fine.

7. Pink Sailor Rose Bloom S$50

Extra fine nib. Some gold specks on the band around the words “Rose bloom”. Includes an empty Sailor cartridge. I can’t find any information about this pen apart from what ebayer Speerbob wrote, as captured here.

8. Green Pilot 78G S$15

F nib (0.3mm line width=Japanese fine), medium wetness. Comes with rubber sac pump and a free black Pilot cartridge.

9. Black Pilot 78G S$15

M nib (0.5mm line width=Japanese medium), medium wetness. Comes with rubber sac pump and a free black Pilot cartridge.

10. Black Parker with silver cap S$5

Writes a fine, medium wet line. Uses Parker refill I think, because the international cartridge doesn’t fit. Slightly toothy.

11. Black Sheaffer with silver cap S$6

Smooth nib that writes a wet, medium line. Uses Sheaffer cartridge that is not included. Does not accept Sheaffer converter as it’s too slim.

12. Sheaffer Demonstrator S$10

Writes a medium line with its smooth and wet nib. Uses Sheaffer cartridges and converters and a used cartridge will be included.

13. Herlitz Tornado Junior S$4

This pen has not been used before, and I bought it to use the nib for another pen. So here it is with the feed, barrel and cap, but no nib. It’s the new version of the Tornado Junior Soft Touch (slightly rubberised grip). Comes with two new Herlitz cartridges. If you have a Herlitz nib that’s lacking a body, get this!

14. Pilot eyedropper S$3

Here’s another pen without nib as it also served as a donor pen. This pen has never been used before. I've found the feed. :)

hi fellow Singapore members,

I have Parker 51, Sheaffer Legacy, PFMs, Pelikan pens, plus the ones which were left over from the earlier sale. Pl see the link for the pictures and prices.

Thanks, and a happy new year.

purpledog