Famous people's pens

SweetieStarr

I think in order to make a Parker 51 Aerometric fail, there would have to be a hammer or vehicle tire involved. My workhorse is a 1949 Plain-Jane black 51 with the original clear "sac". I have fumbled it in parking lots and lost it under a car seat for weeks. The cap is losing a little of it's "lustre", but it still starts immediate and writes with a clean, crisp line.

Your produce alone was worth the trip...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mags

• Freddy

• peterg

• Ursus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trump uses a custom sharpie.

Obama has been spotted with a visconti divina metropolitan and I believe a mont blanc 146.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I remember seeing Obama's Visconti in their marketing material when i picked up a HS. However I would not really rely on marketing material to be so much 'their' pen, but will double check later when near the leaflet.

In this photo you can see that one of Obama's EDCs seems to be a Montblanc, and the other one... Well, it's tough to say. In another thread several years ago I believe it was decided that it might be a Pelikan.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/obamawhitehouse/3484003399

And just for fun: here's a shot of Obama signing a guestbook in Berlin, with Angela Merkel presiding. The guestbook pen -- I assume it doesn't belong to either of them, but sits with the book -- is a Lamy Studio:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/obamawhitehouse/3611570376/

There is a photo floating around the web somewhere of Merkel holding a ice blue Lamy scala.

Trump uses a custom sharpie.

Appropriate?

From Merriam-Webster

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Appropriate?

From Merriam-Webster

:lol:

Seriously though I do actually like his sharpie

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• 2 months later...

Stephen King used an FP to write Dreamcatcher. I know he used a typewriter and moved to computers as technology changed, but this novel was the first after he was hit by a car. Here's an excerpt from the Author's Note:

"One final note. This book was written with the world's finest word processor, a Waterman cartridge fountain pen. To write the first draft of such a long book by hand put me in touch with the language as I haven't been in years. I even wrote one night (during a power outage) by candlelight. One rarely finds such opportunities in the twenty-first century, and they are to be savored."-Stephen King

Alas, I don't know which Waterman. I can't find the answer.

I recall having read on more than one website that it was a Waterman Hémisphère.

In current use: Cleo Skribent Classic, Waterman Expert, Diplomat Excellence, Pineider Avatar, Sheaffer Targa (the good old Sheaffer, not one Made in China)

• 6 months later...
Hi! Sorry by answering too late. I found out this photo of Albert Camus writing with a pen that looks like a Parker Vacumatic or Duofold
Best regards (and sorry my bad english....I am chilean)
Santiago

I am a reading addict and a history lover...

Modern writers use Microsoft Word.... Bastards

I love French Classical literature...

Balzac, Flaubert, Zola Maupassant
Denis Diderot and Jean Jacques Rousseau (sorry no novelists)...

But they died before the first (mass produced) appeared....

Too Bad :-(

Does someone know if Jean Paul Sartre or Albert Camus used Fountain Pens....

Any other famour writers of literature (not the Danielle Steel kind of Rubbish!!)

I must get a Conway Stewart or an Onoto... Good old Winston, Politician, historian and writer used one...

I am interested too in famous people/politicians.... Famous not notorious... so Forget Stalin, Mao or Sadddam Hussein.... But more like Mandela, Woodrow Wilson, Ghandi or the Dutch royals used etc etc

post-23250-0-08947500-1580840339_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Sorry by answering too late. I found out this photo of Albert Camus writing with a pen that looks like a Parker Vacumatic or Duofold
Best regards (and sorry my bad english....I am chilean)
Santiago

That looks like a post war Newhaven Duofold (also munfactured in France).

• 1 year later...
On 6/20/2015 at 9:33 PM, Man O War said:

Given LBJ's personality, I suspect she did it when he was President too.

what do you mean exactly by his personality?

From the little bit I watched of him speaking, I like his personality. He sounds and looks so presidential, compelling all the respect in the world. 

"I am human, and I think nothing human is alien to me." Terence

I share the humanity of people, I’m like the rest of everybody and certainly I’m not better or higher than anybody in anything, regardless of what they believe in or don’t believe in. What they experience is certainly not alien to me. I’m part of all people and they are part of me, interbeing, that is.