Has anyone tried a Danni Rabbit/Dannitu/Haleina?

joeycoleman

For anyone that might be able to help: has anyone tried any of the pens that are marked as Danni Rabbit/Dannitu or Haleina? I've seen a few floating in the 'bay for cheap (and may grab one regardless), but I was hoping that someone had tried one first.

thanks,

--joey

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maja

• joeycoleman

• playpen

• Melnicki

I got one (the red one, Dannitu 100). Just came last week (after the seller forgot to put it in the bubble envelope the first time!!)

I'm frustrated by medium nibs (sometimes even fines, depending on the paper, ink, pen, etc)... It seems to write rather smooth, has a solid, non-comb feed (is that ebonite?) has a snap-cap, the nib-portion does not stay screwed in too well to the rest of the body, it comes with a converter that works fine, the reddish fiery enamel is not too cheap looking (it looks "brushed" too), the jewel also has this enamel, which is nice matching, the clip's a bit tight, it shades well with Noodler's Tiananmen (okay, I matched colors of the ink with the pen! so sue me!). Actually on another write (on a different paper), it's odd: both scratchy and smooth at the same time, if you are able to imagine that... The scratchiness goes away on nicer papers, it seems, leaving it very very smooth (compared to other pens I've tried). The nib decorative carving is quite nice. I'll try to take some pictures in the coming days.

Bottom Line: I don't prefer it, and it will be one of the first for me to give to a friend. This is mainly because I prefer F and XF.

Suggestion: This might be a nice pen to introduce people to FP's, since I got it for quite cheap and it looks nice. But I think there are much better (though less handsome) cheapie pens out there... If Medium nibs are your thing, though... then this could be a nice one...

Edited by Melnicki

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)

CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl

• 4 weeks later...

Hello joey,

altough I am new to the fountain pen world, I do have one, a Dannitu 119. The thing is that I can't find on any market, even on the Dannitu website (which is hard to navigate). :bonk: It works very good, though, and yes I have seen it floating around on the net. It is jet black execpt for some silver on the cap. Its a nice pen.

Well, I ended up getting a Haleina 002; I'm not entirely happy with it, but it was inexpensive, so I'm not disappointed. Stiffest nib I've ever seen, and the construction feels cheap.

I certainly wouldn't reccommend it; but perhaps I'll try a Dannitu one of these days.

--joey

I have a Dannitu 100 (the red lacquer model) and it writes well for an inexpensive pen. I love the red colour of the pen and the leaping rabbit on the nib reminds me (and this is going back some years :blush: ) of the prize in Masquerade , the British picture book by Kit Williams from 1979 :rolleyes: I love his drawings... :)

• 3 months later...

Yes I actually do have a yellow Dannitu 222 (though the med. nib has had some fine tuning) it's not bad for a $20 pen, looks different and such. Overall I am rather pleased with it, does well for everyday kind of use in my opinion

I bought a model 222 at the Toronto pen show and liked it so much that I ordered 4 more so I have the complete collection from www.ultra-collection.com

Great people to deal with

Chris Hughes

Appleman Pens

Orangeville, Ontario, Canada

Photo's Of Past Pens

My Blog

Phone 912-376-7165

I've tried www.ultra-collection.com several times today - unsuccessfully. Must be something wrong with their site. There is an Ultra Collection Store on E-Bay that sells these pens. Go here

http://stores.ebay.com/Ultra-Collections-S...3QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

Thank you Judy! Computers still amaze me and I don't think I will ever understand how I can sit here and ask a question and someone else, somewhere else sees it and can answer!! Sure beats me!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

There was nothing worng with our site, a simple typo was what was wrong with the link, it is www.ultra-collections.com, the first link was missing the "s"

You may also get there by this link, www.uc-fountain-pens.com

Thanks

Darrell

Helping you collect!

www.ultra-collections.com

eBay ultra-collections

Fountain pens, and stuff

Hello,

There was nothing worng with our site, a simple typo was what was wrong with the link, it is www.ultra-collections.com, the first link was missing the "s"

You may also get there by this link, www.uc-fountain-pens.com

Thanks

Darrell

Thanks for the website URL, Darrell. :)

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the black with white swirls Dannitu 222 from Ultra-Collections.

Edited by Maja

The Dannitu model 222 arrived from Ultra Collections and I am very pleased with it. For the price I paid for it on Ebay (less than $10 USD), I got an attractive pen that writes well. I like to post most of my pens (unless they are really long) and this one is fairly well-balanced when posted. It's jsut a little bit cap-heavy, but not so noticeable to me (my modern Sheaffer Balance has what I consider perfect balance when posted).

The Dannitu 222 has a Med nib (with a running rabbit on it! :bunny1: ) that I modified to something approaching a cursive italic, as I wanted some line variation.